Think the economy is going to bounce back.......

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
phoned my brother at one (of many) of his home showes (he's not in the cleaning business) and he's reporting less then half the returning vendors from last year and the public flow is dismal. Anytime the prime time networks want to start reporting the truth about the economy will be a step in the right direction.

Bob Foster

http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2 ... harts.html

DJCHART.jpg

Case-Shiller-November-2010.jpg

F

FB7777

I completely pulled out of the markets and stashed it all in cash over the last few year ...

of course interest rates are horrible but I'll take 3% over the next 10-20 years over a volatile shitstorm that will continue for at least the next decade

Everything is overvalued because people and gov'ts spend way more than they can afford... I don't believe the real estate market is near the bottom yet

Jobs ain't coming back, people need to learn to live conservatively but of course that won't get us out of this mess because we need to repeat the cycle of overspending to get us out of it :shock:

The fed is completely out of bullets to stimulate borrowing and people aren't interested in spending because they're underwater or underemployed

Bounce back ??? shit we need to pray there is a bottom to this abyss

Bob Foster

Some say that the perception of the problem is more of a problem than the problem itself and that the economy is still healthy. I disagree with that viewpoint. The problem is not a lack of confidence. The problem is real and like Fred says it is more painfully apparent as illustrated by even President Hopey not quite so optimistic as he was.

Real old money that is deeply routed in the largest treasuries of the world in Europe, China and India are now seeing their worth very negatively effected that even they realize that being patient is not enough and the even with bargain deals on assets such as large blue chip dividend producing companies and banks these debt holders are not yet in a position where they can buy them at their lowest value. Again what Fred was pondering "hope there is a bottom to this abyss.

Debt used to be a good investment. It only is if you gain something valuable in a form on return in investment or equity. When you see the bondholders of the world currencies watch the actions of the largest most solid countries in the world conducting themselves with lots of talk and no action, they are devaluing the value of their debt because the equity in their asset is depreciating.

So how do they deal with it? Watch the US dollar have the crap devalued out of it. USA is and will be like Japan which after over 20 years still hasn't recovered.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
pFred said:
Bounce back ??? shit we need to pray there is a bottom to this abyss
Amen!

Although it (downhill crash) was a long time coming, it (sunshine, lollipops and roses) couldn't go on forever.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Financial crisis last 7-10 years, so we still have a way to go.

Nothing will help until all that housing debt is retired.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Things can't bounce without some very serious House cleaning.

Also, Senate, Pres, Government departments, EPA and other Regulations, Crony Capitalism, Phony Green agendas, Union payoffs and favoritism, Printing money out of thin air, Government over spending for votes, Borrowing money from countries that want the defeat America...................

It's going to be a very, very long ride.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
nope

we're fooked for sometime until our standard of living drops so we can compete with the sweat shops of Asia!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
rhyde said:
nope

we're fooked for sometime until our standard of living drops so we can compete with the sweat shops of Asia!

If America would start rewarding success, hardwork, innovation and entrepreneurship,

Instead of rewarding those that pay off the government or are stupid enough to fall for race and economic division or a monetary reward for not working or an over priced Union job.

Then, American can be great again!!

So, you're right. We are fooked!!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it is going to separate the men from the boys before it is all over with.....

lance

I really worry about the heirs to the Wal-mart business. The stock only went up 3% the last year or two.

They are each worth $20 billion (there's four children of Sam) and they only made $300 million each in dividends from the stock they own.

After taxes they probably only had $250 million each, CASH, to hold them over until next year. Who could live on that little bit of money??? somewhat amus somewhat amus somewhat amus

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
The last manufacturer in Albuquerque, General Electric, closed shop and fired everyone last spring and moved the jobs to mexico.

This town use to have a respectable list of manufacturers too.

The economy will bounce back when manufacturing in this country bounces back.

Need to get a handle on fuel prices too.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Game over man!!!! Game over!!!! were all gonna die!!!
Let the girl do it!!!!!!!!!!

Name
steve snail
maybe

Been a fiscal conservative, personally and physiologically just about all my life. We are in a "balance sheet recession" as was (is) Japan. People and Business' are paying down debt and repairing their balance sheets. With interest rates a historic lows, there are very few takers for new loans. This is a deflationary event which can end very badly. Against just about everything I ever believed...Now is the time for the Fed to step up with massive public works projects to rebuild our infrastructure and created jobs. Judas...the rest of the world is even willing to fiance us at rock bottom rates.

"The Holy Grail of Macro Economics", Lessons from Japan's great recession, By Richard Koo, just finished reading, this man will go down as one of History's economic great ones.

The Confidence Men just arrived yesterday in my mail box. Supposed to be the next best thing to being a fly on the wall, during White House strategy meetings on the financial crisis.

namaste

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
lance said:
I really worry about the heirs to the Wal-mart business. The stock only went up 3% the last year or two.

They are each worth $20 billion (there's four children of Sam) and they only made $300 million each in dividends from the stock they own.

After taxes they probably only had $250 million each, CASH, to hold them over until next year. Who could live on that little bit of money??? somewhat amus somewhat amus somewhat amus

You must be drinking that class warfare kool aid again. I'm not worried about people that earn their own money and are successful. What scares me a lot more is the Government giving away mine and your money to business that they choose to be the winners, Paying 600k per job, Paying people Not to work, Giving preference to Union contracts for building projects etc...

A much better solution is to let Government get out of the way and let the free enterprise systems work like it is supposed to. Let the American people vote for the best business with their wallets. (Like with walmart) The American people will then get the products that they choose are the best for them and the Government won't have to prop up failing businesses and products that we don't want or need. Government projects will also be completed at a lower cost if the bids are truly open.

Don't fall for the class warfare hysteria. It is just a way to manipulate people to gain votes. It's just a parlor trick. Just a way to throw off the topic of their own record.

Wouldn't you like to be rich someday?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Steve,

Even Obama himself said that, "Maybe those shovel ready jobs weren't so shovel ready."

Most of that money went to prop up Gov union members and their pensions.

At a time when government bloat should of been decreased, it was bloated even more.

The system is broken.

Too much back and forth manipulation for favors and power has corrupted the system.

When politicians talk about increasing infrastructure it is just a payoff to the Unions. Not the common man.

This is whole thing is thinly disguised code speak to the union membership as a way to pander for votes and political contributions from them.

Even when implemented. These union projects typically become way over priced and can become a fiasco.

Remember the Big Dig?

"Boston’s Central Artery/Tunnel Project(Known as the “Big Dig),a massive federally funded project to build freeway tunnels underneath the city and Boston Harbor, will cost $22 billion. It was originally budgeted to cost $2.8 billion.

Despite receiving federal funding((DY) Or likely because of recieving federal funding), the Big Dig was subject to a union-only project labor agreement (PLA) that required project contractors and subcontractors agree to recognize unions as the representatives of their employees on the job, use the union hiring hall to obtain workers, pay union wages and benefits, and obey the union's work rules, job classifications and arbitration procedures. The project was plagued by delays and problems throughout its history. "

Some things just work better in theory than in reality.

Name
steve snail
Your not taking out new loans, your neighbor is not taking out new loans...to the contrary, we are paying off debt, saving more and spending less. Perfect storm for a deflationary event. Soooooo who are we left with to spend those dollars to keep those dollars in circulation????? The Fed...borrower of last resort. My first choice... no f*cking way, corruption, crony capitalism, you name it and it is a bitter pill to swallow. Said earlier we needed a "massive" infrastructure commitment from the fed...now!

To the Batcave

P.S. no fooking way would I care to be a high-profile wail-mart heir....can you say "always looking over your shoulder"

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Steve I too follow what happened to the japanese economy.

The only thing now that bothers me is should I downsize or wait .

And if I do decide to downsize and sell my home would it sell or would I lose my ass.

I'd be lucky to get what I paid for it 6 years ago.

Reducing debt here and saving my nickels and dimes.

Maybe we need another world war to spark our economy?

But wait! Everything is made in china or mexico now!

Imagine ordering our tank and planes from them!

Third world country here we come!

At least if we are third world maybe the illegals will go back home!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Jim Martin said:
the problem is greed.........

Jim nailed it both times!

Cant really compare japan as they hold most of their own debt and have 0 resources and rely 100% on exports
Completely different

Name
steve snail
Jimmy L said:
Steve I too follow what happened to the japanese economy.

The only thing now that bothers me is should I downsize or wait .

And if I do decide to downsize and sell my home would it sell or would I lose my ass.

I'd be lucky to get what I paid for it 6 years ago.

Reducing debt here and saving my nickels and dimes.

Maybe we need another world war to spark our economy?

But wait! Everything is made in china or mexico now!

Imagine ordering our tank and planes from them!

Third world country here we come!

At least if we are third world maybe the illegals will go back home!

Cut yer losses and downsize yesterday. World War my a$$...Let the rest of the world finance our infrastructure at less than cost. Funny, in times of......unease....rule of law rocks! We are the gold standard

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
From where I stand the economy has been going downhill for the last 10 years. The attempts to prop it back up have progressively become more desperate. Like the corporations that really run the government, the focus has been on looking on the next financial report rather than implementing responsible financial policies. The baby boomer generation has short sold the future of the country.

Think I’m going to switch from independent to Republican so I can vote Paul. I thought about sitting it out because he is so far back in the polls than I saw this:
[embed]http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:394630" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars="">[/embed]

Might need to allow active X to view.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Corporation don't run the Government.

The Unions, corporation that want to play ball with the government (cronie capitalism), wall street and banks that also want to play ball. Have a lot of sway in the Government.

As one hand feeds the other.

Right now, I think the Unions and wall street have a lot more sway the corporations.

Hence, the ever increasing regulations and taxes aimed at corporations. V/S The increasing ranks of public sector union members. And the feds printing money to prop up wallstreet and both just having multible billions handed to them.

Leftists (the ones that have been incontrol of the nation's wallett for the last 5 years)are always anti-business. Unless they are the ones pulling the string as with all the growing crony capitalism. Like with GM.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Greed is what got us here and greed is what it going to make us hit rock bottom....

people are going to have to loose everything that they got there dirty little hands on before we start seeing a change....

Take the housing market for example...( one of many )

Just because someone told you you could....did not mean that you should....

people have no self discipline..and now..they are out on the street because they bit off more then they can chew.....

so why everyone is pointing fingers at all the other countries..all the people in power... and each other...all they are doing is blaming everyone else for there own stupidity.........

hang on to your butts...this is only the tip of the ice burg..

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Dave, you don’t think Banks, Oil and Pharmaceutical Companies influence elections? I don’t think you missed my point that elections are decided by special interest groups looking to undermine a free market economy, not by the general public. The unions are definitely a factor. Let’s not forget about the trust funders looking to protect the family wealth. Just follow the money Obama and the republican opponent will likely raise well over one billion dollars each because more is on the table than ever before for the unions and private wealth (billionaires) .

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I see a lot of people on this thread who don't understand life and people like steve who doesn't understand people with a low debt load and how interest rates hurt the common american..Not the poor **** like you

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom