Thinking about buying a used Dual Wand TM. Advice or any sellers?

Name
R.J. Povio
I am thinking about buying a dual wand machine before years end. I have demoed a Maxx 470 (I have heard that they have problems around 2k-2.5k hours though). I was impressed. I have never used/owned a dual wand machine before.

I have heard the Prochem Everest is the best and the Prochem 405 is very good too. I want a heat exchange dual TM. I want one that is durable and "easy" to work on. Any suggestions or does anyone have one even if it needs some work for sale. The TM, waste tank, and hose reels would be great too. Let me know. Thanks.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have several of the Prochem's and they are excellent machines but saying it is a true dual wand machine is pushing it. You can do it yes, it's plumbed for it but you'll need to keep both tools on the ground at all times or block the setup not being used. You'll also notice a heat and pressure reduction.

It still cleans well but just incase your expectations were higher, I thought you better know the real deal.

Mikey P

Administrator
My advice?

Do not try a vortex or aerotech unit.

Unless you're willing to buy one.

nothing dual wands like a "big truck"

For a slide in you'll want either a 59 blower or two 45's.
Yes two units.

Do not n listen to retailers who tell you that because it has two vacuum ports it can "dual wand".

Some say the 410 blowers will dual it. I ain't buying that. But ignorance is bliss.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The Prochem 650 dual wands more carpet every single day then any other machine out there PERIOD. Varsity Contractors and ABM both use the 650 to clean millions of sq ft of LDS church carpet every day. They have strict guidelines they must maintain as to CFM, PSI and TEMP. I know I sell them the test kits. You can ask around here and get someones opinion or you can see who is actually using the machines for what you are wanting to do. Oh and ABM and Varsity clean really cheaply with low paid employees so the machines have to be able to take serious abuse. They both went through every "big" machine and both have settled on the 650 for the majority of their work.

So that is from the real world and not someone that sells them.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Personally I think dual wanding is over rated un less you have a V or Aero.

Two separate units would seem to be the better choice.

You can clean at two different residental locations, you can clean at two different entry points on big commercial jobs. You won't have to hassle with issues of storage for dual setups, vac hoses and solution lines, recovery tank and fresh water capacity. A box truck works best for dual setup should you decide to go that route.

Reactions: Ken Snow

hogjowl

Idiot™
Personally I think dual wanding is over rated un less you have a V or Aero.

Two separate units would seem to be the better choice.

You can clean at two different residental locations, you can clean at two different entry points on big commercial jobs. You won't have to hassle with issues of storage for dual setups, vac hoses and solution lines, recovery tank and fresh water capacity. A box truck works best for dual setup should you decide to go that route.

I agree.

Olsin:
I have heard nothing but good things about the 650, and I do not doubt what you say about it's performance. However, is it possible that that company, and the LDS church are simply using that machine because you, a fellow Mormon, and local supplier sell it? Is it all they know?

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You know I could put a curse on you.

May your daughter marry a Mexican and give you many many brown grand kids

For $50.00 I'll take the curse off. Just send it to my Paypal and they will notify me when to lift the curse. :p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom