This is a revolutionary item that is going to change the industry.

Mikey P

Administrator
This is a revolutionary item that is going to change the industry.

This was said about a rotary extractor in another thread and got me thinking about what has really changed this industry as a whole?

Lets go back a few decades and I'll let you old times give your opinions on products, chemicals, machines etc that REALLY changed the way we clean AS A WHOLE floors and profit from doing so.

Who wants to go first?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Wand Glides.

Middle aged...and I mean that as in "60 is the new 40"... carpet cleaners are still slinging the wand.

Several more of course....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am not an old timer....I have only been around 1 decade...

in that time I have seen a lot of positive improvements on machines and some tools.......

but more sadly....I have seen a lot of negative on most other things....some things are being built cheaper and cheaper........

But....the one thing I am most positive about.....as long as I take care of my stuff and I don't get ran over by myowndamntruck.....

another decade from now...my stuff will still be running strong...........and that is what's more important to me...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think we are going backwards, shampoo, 175's, OP units, low tech TM's.

Hell next thing ya know Ken Snow will be wearing his hair long and sporting his bell bottoms again!

I think he stopped wearing them...didn't he? :eekk:

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
I feel what has changed our industry, even though it is not from our industry, is technology. Basically if you wanted to get a hold of your office you better have a pocketful of dimes. Just like Slim Pickens in Blazing Saddles "go back and get a whole shitful of dimes."

Due to computerization and printing developments a small independent can compete with the big boys even on a small budget.

In our industry we have been blessed with great chemists such as Joe Domin who have been able to create good chemistry even though the government continues to gut our available products. Products like the Extreme Extractor, Water Claws, LGR dehus and advanced meters have improved the restoration industry.

Now we just have to see what comes in the next decade.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
This was said about a rotary extractor in another thread and got me thinking about what has really changed this industry as a whole?

The person in the other thread was talking about the Escape ETM when he called it a revolutionary item that will change the industry. That person was correct and happens to be very intelligent. The fuel fired TMs changed the industry making CC very efficient and profitable for the worker but they are going to look ridiculous and inefficient in the near future if gas prices double or triple or quadruple from present levels as they might well. I know, I know, you just have to raise your prices. Ask Cole's subs how they will handle such a situation when they are paid 32%. They'll actually be in a better position to compete as they use electric portables. Anyone using electric machines will become more profitable relative to the gas powered machines which will look more and more like dinasours.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
My project I can't get manufactured. I don't know about a game changer. But, it should help a lot of cleaners out. I need to move it to another company. The place I have it at puts the big projects ahead of mine and keep pushing mine back.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
glide or not....

Rotary tools are whats going to save you...

now I cant imagine cleaning with out a glide.....(was great while young and dumb hahaha)

but I did a house yesterday, upstairs not to bad so was like screw it ill wand it.....uhhhhh yea either i am bigger wimp then i thought (stfu taco:p) or my shoulder is worse then i think (which i think its pretty bad)

but damn i was pooped...did the down stairs with the 360 and was fine...

which brings me to

EASE OF LUGGING A ROTARY.....

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
T
his was said about a rotary extractor in another thread and got me thinking about what has really changed this industry as a whole?

The internet.

Lets go back a few decades and I'll let you old times give your opinions on products, chemicals, machines etc that REALLY changed the way we clean AS A WHOLE floors and profit from doing so.

Gotta be truckmounts, before them everything was shampooing, right?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I agree with Art.

As long as you are cleaning within 50 feet, or less.

and hauling it and the other tools in a trailer pulled with a bicycle.
at 4 buckz pr gal, cost to run the TM costs me a whopping 5 bukz pr hour .
Until lectro units can equal the performance of a 45 blower spinning at 3200 rpm AND heat to at least 200 degrees ...WITHOUT the need for a 7200 wt GAS generator OR 4 cords on three different circuits ....I'll eat that 5 bukz an hour if i have to

greatest advancement for me personally compared to '92 when i started full time ...easy

cell phones and chems

cell phones ...instant communication anywhere, anytime has made life SO much more productive

Chems....With the pre-sprays/detergents and specialty spotters/stain removers available today, it's down right easy to be a sOOper hero and advanced spotting wizArd

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
and hauling it and the other tools in a trailer pulled with a bicycle.
at 4 buckz pr gal, cost to run the TM costs me a whopping 5 bukz pr hour .
Until lectro units can equal the performance of a 45 blower spinning at 3200 rpm AND heat to at least 200 degrees ...WITHOUT the need for a 7200 wt GAS generator OR 4 cords on three different circuits ....I'll eat that 5 bukz an hour if i have to

greatest advancement for me personally compared to '92 when i started full time ...easy

cell phones and chems

cell phones ...instant communication anywhere, anytime has made life SO much more productive

Chems....With the pre-sprays/detergents and specialty spotters/stain removers available today, it's down right easy to be a sOOper hero and advanced spotting wizArd

..L.T.A.

GPS.........I can't believe the first few years trying to read a map and drive........

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Anyone using electric machines will become more profitable relative to the gas powered machines which will look more and more like dinasours.

Art, I am all for electric truck mounts.
However, as long as the fuel fired truck mounts allow you to do more jobs per day (faster, less of a set up, less lost time, whatever) we'll keep them. As even after the extra cost, they still allow us to make more money per day.
Once that advantage is gone, we'll all be happy to switch.

And since I did not have my customary glass of wine yet, don't tell me that you can get as many jobs done per day as with a good truck mount.
Cause you don't. And if you do, you'd better change that POS :winky:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Art, I am all for electric truck mounts.
However, as long as the fuel fired truck mounts allow you to do more jobs per day (faster, less of a set up, less lost time, whatever) we'll keep them. As even after the extra cost, they still allow us to make more money per day.
Once that advantage is gone, we'll all be happy to switch.

And since I did not have my customary glass of wine yet, don't tell me that you can get as many jobs done per day as with a good truck mount.
Cause you don't. And if you do, you'd better change that POS :winky:

Going from a price point in my area the cut throat hack TM operators which most of them are have to do 2-3 homes a day to make the same money as I do in one home.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

Who wants to go first?

The internet... Nothing changed our business as much as computers and the internet. No I haven't read the comments yet, this was an impulse answer.

Reactions: Derek

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Going from a price point in my area the cut throat hack TM operators which most of them are have to do 2-3 homes a day to make the same money as I do in one home.

and just think how much MORE profitable you'll be when the batteries die in that Racine Wi mind control chip and you FINALLY get out of the STONE AGE.....

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
and just think how much MORE profitable you'll be when the batteries die in that Racine Wi mind control chip and you FINALLY get out of the STONE AGE.....

..L.T.A.

Eureka, Larry!
Maybe the Racine WI mind control chip was that revolutionary invention :neutral:

Name
Ron lippold
If it were not for my high flow wand I would have a rotary extractor. Glides are pretty cool, and I have to say I'm a fan of the electric tm. My cbr gets used way more than my 175.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom