This shower is kicking my butt!

Name
Swani
I've tried Viper Peroxybright that has a ph of 2-3 and a high alkaline tile and grout cleaner. Scrubbed the grout lines with a stainless steel brush rinsed at 1000 and 1500 psi. But the grout stays dark. 20180814_134759.jpg 20180814_135108.jpg 20180814_134759.jpg

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I've tried Viper Peroxybright that has a ph of 2-3 and a high alkaline tile and grout cleaner. Scrubbed the grout lines with a stainless steel brush rinsed at 1000 and 1500 psi. But the grout stays dark.

You scrubbed it with a steel brush and blasted it at 1500 psi... Not much else you can do.

Really, other than different products - it is what it is.

I'd imagine when dry(completely) it looked better. Most do...

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Swani
I know Mikey says to never color seal a shower but the home owner really wants it to look more uniform and brighter.

Mikey P

Administrator
btw, how is it in this day and age, you are finding it possible to take such shitty pictures?

Hold the camera very steady when you hit the "button" and dont move it the nano second after.

Last edited:
Name
Swani
The last pics I posted were the ones the property manager sent to me when they asked me if I wanted the job. The pics in the 1st post are the ones I took. But I will try and take better pics from now on.

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
I had a tricky one yesterday.

I used strong neat bleach and a quick agitation.

I checked it 45 minutes later and another quick agitation and it all came off and looked fine.

The bleach probably won't work as well on the walls because it won't stay in the grout lines.

The bleach will degrade the latex in the grout and is not recommended unless other solutions have been tried.

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Swani
when I enlarge and zoom in on those photos it looks like there may have been a consumer color seal product applied at some point
I was thinking the same thing but have never ran into it before. They really want it to look better. Do you think using grout perfect would be a terrible idea? I know you've said in the past to never color seal a shower but I don't think they have much to lose at this point.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
could he ream out the grout lines a bit with a diamond blade on a multitool

this saved my azz on a floor we used the wrong color grout on :icon_redface:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-5-in-Grout-Rake-Reciprocating-Saw-Blade-49-00-5450/202525956

faster than a multi-tool grout blade and no less easy to use/control

thank God it was caught in time and only had 150ft of 12x24 tiles to redo

note, to use the above tool, you need a short stroke sawsall (the smaller one hand ones) not full size/longer stroke ones.
You'll have better control

.L.T.A.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom