Tips, do you accept them?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Do you accept or refuse tips?

What the largest or best tip you have received?

On Friday this is how the day unfolded:

First Customer: $100 tip

Second Customer: Coupons for 3 Free dozen Krispy Kreme's. (She's the owner)

Third Customer: 7 Free passes to DollyWood (Almost $400 Value)

Sixth Customer: $40 tip

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
You bet your ass I did. My best was $150 cash. But we also got an adjustable bed, a really cool limited edition art print I had admired, and a 10 speed bike as tips....not to mention all the yummy homemade treats. I think Al Simms got his beloved little Pomeranian dog as a "tip" at one house.

Take care,
Lisa

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I must have been looking homeless Friday because everybody was trying to give me stuff. Our last stop Friday the lady said "the fridge is in the garage you can help yourself to a beer if you want".

ascrubabove

Hell yes I accept tips, once an elderly lady asked if she was suposed to give us a tip, I told her only if she thought we did a good job, tipped 80 bucks on a $120 job!

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: Tips, do you accept them?

kmdineen said:
I always thought that getting tips were a sign that your prices are too low.

Not necessarily. Some of the people who griped the most about the price up front have given me tips.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

F

FB7777

Best. Tip would have to be about 10 years ago , a customer had a $2000 play structure in his backyard that was about 5 years old.

He was selling and we agreed on $500

When I went to pay he flat out refused to take the money

I sent him a $100 gift card to his favorite restaurant anyways...

We took the structure down last year as the boys outgo it and my daughter wanted a trampoline to go in the spot

My oldest was 4 years old when We set that thing up

Damn time flies :|

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Six clients in one day, holy crap!

Yes, we take tips.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
sometimes, when I think about it, I'm surprised at how few people tip me. I knock it out of the ballpark every time I do a job. Oh well, at least they call me back and refer me to anyone they know. Back in the 70's Ronnie Banks from the Dramatics ("What you See Is What You Get") smoked a joint with me when I was almost done working at his house in Detroit. I about started tripping. Good shit man. LOL. Took me a few minutes to recover. He told me I was his hero, having my own business and all. Most people just stay out of my way and expect top performance and no problems as status quo...

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
We do accept tips and the largest has been $100 although at Christmas one of my techs received $200. It's always nice to be so appreciated for our hard work and customer service.

S

sam miller

200 cash twice. 2 times $50 xmas bonus for a 10 year repeat ,
a used dc17 animal dyson vacuum works great on 2nd truck.

sometimes 10 to 20 dollars sometimes weeks with out one!

Able 1

Name
Keith
Sure do... I get more now then when I worked by myself. My best are from one of my dentist accounts, last year he gave me a go-cart, this year he gave me a copier,scanner,printer, fax machine. Thing is pretty slick...
086.jpg

jgalves

I usually give the tips to my employee that runs the wand, it keeps him working those passes.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
same here all tips go to the guy running the wand. tons of new yorkers here and they all tip. my favorite customer calls and books the appointment but is never home when we arrive. she leaves a list with the maid and when we are done she hands me an envelope. inside is a check already made out. we have never discussed price. the check is always at least twice what i would have charged her. once she left a note inside that said please tell me if i'm not paying enough . I love her to death . not so much because of the extra money but because i never know whats inside the envelope. it's like christmas .

gene

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Damn we got a bunch of tight mormons out here :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

but yes i get 20 or 40 here and there...but damn....

go carts...copy machines.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Ive noticed when I take a helper they get tips. But I seldom do because of the fleet of trucks I own. With my golden boy looks they already know Im loaded and I dont need the cash.

Golden Boy

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Early on in business I wouldn't accept tips. I felt that I was getting paid fairly and it would be taking advantage of people. Now I have a completely different opinion on it. When people offer tips they are trying to show their appreciation for your effort. If I refuse to take it I am actually being disrespectful. People that give tips are doing so selfishly. They tip because they want the good feeling doing something generous gives them. by refusing you are taking that good feeling away and I think that is wrong. I tell my techs to accept all tips no matter what. I don't care if it is a diet soda take it. I had a half dozen cans of diet soda in my van once, and that stuff is nasty. I do instruct them to make a huge point of how much they appreciate it.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Why would anyone with their sanity in tact not accept a tip? best tip was $200 I split with my primary assistant. I will always split a tip with my helper - even if he does not see me receive it...

When I send my son and #1 guy out without me they always seem to come home with tips. Rare are the times that they feel the need to tip the owner.

We often are given product from some commercial accounts, what is better than the gift of meat?

7fcd6674ac6db7e3acd6.jpg

Mike Draper

floorguy said:
Damn we got a bunch of tight mormons out here :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dougy. we get quite a few tips. What the hell is wrong with you?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Mike Draper said:
floorguy said:

Dougy. we get quite a few tips. What the hell is wrong with you?

I did too when I was out there. I even got the company I was working for to charge 20% more when they told me it couldn't be done.

Buzzbac

best tip i ever got......... dont back horses.......
I've always accepted em... seems to me people are just saying with cash they are happy with your work.

Fred Homan

I like the kind of customer that I have a couple of beers with after I am done and talk shit with them...When they have seen sweat dripping off my sweatband like someone threw a bucket of water at me..... shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom