Top cleaning companies in the nation that pay their tech and mangers a real living wage..?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
No idea, maybe the biggest one in Reno is doing that. Maybe not.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
add to that...how many hours a week they have to work for some of the yearly wages I've heard touted

$18 an hour means nearly 60 hours a week to get over fiddy a year

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I’m wanting to hire starting at $12hr then bumping to $15 once they are trained. Is that acceptable? Seriously asking.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The thought that a Tech is supposed to earn that is probably flawed. For the most part a Tech's job is not a life time job.

Keep them 3-5 years they move up and have more responsibility and earn more or move on. Slinging a wand for a lifetime is for owner ops. Tech's will come and go.
Sort of depressing.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sort of depressing.
Not really. It's a good job, you're out and about seeing new things. Kids grow through it, gain experience and develop a work ethic and find a better job.

Unless you are a high pressure sales company that is more focussed on selling topicals than cleaning results, there isn't enough to pay a Tech well enough to support a family and buy a house on his salary alone.

Mikey P

Administrator
The thought that a Tech is supposed to earn that is probably flawed. For the most part a Tech's job is not a life time job.

Keep them 3-5 years they move up and have more responsibility and earn more or move on. Slinging a wand for a lifetime is for owner ops. Tech's will come and go.

Do you have manager/ supervisors that earn that living wage in your company?

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
I have had considerable success in the past when I had techs by asking them what motivates them.

By careful selection of candidates I knew the answer.

Doing a great job and making a very good wage.

How can I help them achieve that?

By training them well and empowering them to upsell.

And not by blindly upselling topicals either.
There are so many other opportunities to upsell.

The key imo is the rate of commission paid.
Bite the bullet and pay them one third of the upsell.

This is a great motivator. If they upsell $100 they keep $33 and they have made you $66 less expenses. That is money you would not have made.

Over the course of a month it adds up and is win win for them and you.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Our son-in-law has a house on 22 Acres. They own vehicles. He has a company vehicle. He has three kids two dogs two cats a bunny and an abundance of wildlife out to look at through their windows on their 22 Acres.

Are newer guy this year is newly divorced so he is still recovering. Time will tell with him and us what will happen. We are making plans for him or someone to be as prosperous with our company.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
And we of course are a somewhat smaller rural community. I would say we are definitely a average Midwest town where average salaries you can make a living and prosper. By the way we do pay vacation pay. And pay for holidays time off

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator

But ultimately, hiring a full time wander..

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Chris A

Name
Chris
My senior tech makes a living wage. He has the opportunity to make another 10k a year by upselling a little bit he chooses not to. I've been battling it for a few years now. New guy is still making shit money for now but he'll get his shot soon.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

How many hours a week average?
and does your daughter work too?

we have another one advertising $22 an hour

that's less than $17 USD

$16-$18 an hour is good money here for non skilled trades
a single guy or girl can get along on that OK

add a spouse and a couple kids , and it takes both working for any semblance of the "American Dream"
OR ....help from parents in one form or another

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I’m wanting to hire starting at $12hr.....

over 18 and habla ingles too ?

tenor.gif

..LT.A.

Reactions: Mikey P

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
living wages.. maybe. Buy a house here not a chance, you cant buy a house here if your working at Amazon and make 80k unless your significant other also makes 80k AND you just inherited some money plus your credit is immaculate.

at which point youll get a sweet townhouse with no parking and it will crumble before your eyes in less than 5yrs due to the cheap materials used lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom