Transferring from Trailer To Box Truck

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Looks great map but get some silver Rim covers and get the advertising off those mud flaps looks horrible
Will just plain black spray paint work on the mud covers? I'm not sure how long it'll stay on rubber

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Looks great map but get some silver Rim covers and get the advertising off those mud flaps looks horrible
I was looking at some chrome rim covers, and I decided to paint the wheels black to buy some time. I need to put that $250 somewhere else. I'll probably get some a year or two from now

J

JS41035

IMG_9084.JPG
Looks awesome man.
The mud flaps look fine. Don't listen to Mike.
Better yet take them off. You'll get more calls that way.
And dude put the money into some stainless simulators. It will make the signs pop.
I love my box. And I hate it. Every tool you need, with you at all times. But you dread that scraping noise on half the driveways. And also this

Absher Carpet

Name
Jonathan Absher
View attachment 74614 Almost there

Here's my gas tank for the truckmount
So is this a diesel truck. I have been looking at box trucks for a while would love the space. Used gasoline trucks are not as easy to find. If its that simple to add a gasoline fuel tank then thats not a bad idea. As long as you don't make any mistakes filling up.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
So is this a diesel truck. I have been looking at box trucks for a while would love the space. Used gasoline trucks are not as easy to find. If its that simple to add a gasoline fuel tank then thats not a bad idea. As long as you don't make any mistakes filling up.
No, it's not diesel. Jondon wanted to RIP ME OFF on selling a fkin fuel tap for $450. I said screw you, I'll buy a whole gas tank for $300 after shipping.

$450 for fkin fuel hoses and maybe a weird angle type of valve. Milking us like a bunch a bitches. Interlink had a very similar number. Don't get me started. The bastards screwed me on 3pvc pieces of 2.5" pipe to mount to my waste tank lid so I could hook a 2.5" hose up to it for $250.00!!!!!!! I got screwed that day. I'm done with being LOYAL to my local distributer. That's why I'm being cheap on all my chems from now on. The markup must be stupid high on those also. It's put a sour taste in my mouth on all the suppliers we have

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Back to the fuel tank. I bought this from a box truck salvage yard in Colorado. It comes with the mount that you have to mount the tank to the frame also. I putting it on the same side as the current tank on the truck, so I can just fill them up easily at the pump. They call it a saddle tank.

And the reason I wanted to buy a fuel tank made for a box truck is because of the element inside the tank having access to the whole bottom in case I'm on a hill with the tank low on fuel. Much better than a home made fuel tap with just a hose sitting in the middle of the tank.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I don't like being taken advantage of. I work my ass off to earn what very little I have, only to have a huge corporation milk off my wallet

Reactions: Nomad74

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I know you Van drivers can't just go out and buy another gas tank like the box truck drivers can do, and they know that also. It's stupid to pay that much for a measly little fuel tap

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I don't like being taken advantage of. I work my ass off to earn what very little I have, only to have a huge corporation milk off my wallet
I know the feeling Matt. I've just sold my motorcycle and my corvette to get out of debt. I'll still be $4K short on paying off my 870. Hopefully I can get that powered off fast.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My saddle tank is on.

Question. I need a fuel pump that I can mount on the frame. About 12inches above the bottom of the tank. In other words, I need a pump that sucks and pushes. Which one do I need to order???

The one I currently have on my trailer is mounted under the tank and pushes only

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yeah, what he said Matt. Don't over think it.
I've been overthinking it. My dad is yelling at me, calling me a dumbass, wasting my money on this saddle tank, for not putting my plastic tank inside the box with the tm, lol

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I've been overthinking it. My dad is yelling at me, calling me a dumbass, wasting my money on this saddle tank, for not putting my plastic tank inside the box with the tm, lol
I like that saddle tank. You will be able to run that thing for days with that big ass tank.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom