truckmount install in pickup truck.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I'm tired of rolling around in cargo vans.

I got a F350 supercrew longbed i'd much rather work out of.

More comfortable, easily shuttle kids to soccer practice without switching vehicles. won't have to listen to the clickity clanck noise coming from the back or inhale fumes.

It would nice for the seasoned owner operator.

I've never seen it done before.

is it doable?

I got a Blueline Thermalwave but afraid it takes up too much space. Can't picture the layout.

Seriously,

Anyone seen it done before or got experience along these lines?

I'd even be willing to purchase a new TM if that what it takes for a clean install.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
George III said:
I'm tired of rolling around in cargo vans.

More comfortable, easily shuttle kids to soccer practice without switching vehicles. won't have to listen to the clickity clanck noise coming from the back or inhale fumes.

is it doable?

I got a Blueline Thermalwave but afraid it takes up too much space. Can't picture the layout.

Seriously,

I'd even be willing to purchase a new TM if that what it takes for a clean install.

SANFORD.jpg

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Even if I have spend 10k on a new bed. :mrgreen:

maybe I should start out with a brand new box.

Jamesh921

Name
James
There's a guy in the next town that does it.

He's got some kind of small Prochem (I think) TM in the back of a Toyota. He even has room to carry a 175.

I haven't seen it up close, just from about 100 ft. away and he was cleaning, so I couldn't tell you how it looked after it was all packed up.

His rig looks OK. Has the truck lettered, cleaning machine paint in good condition, etc...

I'm sure he has to keep it in the garage in the winter to keep from freezing. And to keep vandals/thieves from messin' with his stuff. Not sure that'd be a problem where you live though.

However, if you left your truck in the parking lot when you went in to eat lunch, pick up chems, get something to drink, etc... somebody could snatch your wand or HF or whatever real quick.

It CAN be done, but you certainly won't be able to carry everything you need with you.

Oh yea, he's the cheapest guy in town (does apts. for 35.00). Don't know if that says anything about pickup truck rigs or not..... just sayin'

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Those look nice!

I'm waiting on a quote for a Durashell 370

main.png

o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybVm4XTxs-ko]

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've thought of it for the same reasons you listed George plus our winters can be snowy and the WDR box van have gotten stuck a time or two.

4X4 would be nice along with the comfort of a pickup. We really wouldn't even need the dual cab, single would work fine.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
that is nice....but much like my issue in my Box (who would think a space issue in a box :shock: )

What about up front???

sure the machine goes out the back....but then how do you get to crap up front???

do they have a side door that could be put in there???

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Way back when... we used to have a couple Ford Couriers with HM bobcats in the back. The canopy had flip up doors on both sides in addition to the one in the back. Very handy for places with low overhangs, but ultimately not useful enough to continue with them.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
a cap on a pick-up bed (which is essentially all that John Deer thingie is) would be a big PITA to get in and out of , me thinks
I think it would be harder than hell to organize it efficiently too with the limited floor space

If it's "all you got", you can make due, I guess
but a pic-up chassis with a box would be the way to do it right

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
AutoGlass2.jpg

That Hackney isn't too bad, already has roll up doors. I wonder if the can install a wind faring on it? They all kind of looks like a brick on the back of a pickup.

Hackney.jpg

steve g

Name
steve garrett
here is what we need

DSC00214.jpg

put this on a dually frame, get rid of most of the individual compartments, keep the ones on the bottom before and after the rear tires. but having sides that lift up would make it so you don't need to get up inside there and I think would make it so working out of it with a little less room would be fine because the sides would open up and out allowing access all the way around.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
I dont understand why you would bother. Put a divider between the front and back if you dont like the fumes and noise-done. Why would a truck ride any better or be better for anything except 4 wheel drive than a van. My extended chevy rides like a car.

you must have to much money somewhat amus

Connor

Name
Connor
A big plus to the Hackney is the all aluminum body, No plywood or fiberglass to crack from vibrations. Aluminum floor with pull out ramp and the back of the truck has a drop body step so you don't have to strain yourself getting in and out.

The sides are one big seamless sheet of aluminum, no protruding rivets to deal with when lettering it.

My Hackney doesn't have any side doors and has barn doors on the back, but they can put whatever size aluminum roll up door you want on it.

I don't know if they have wind faring for their units. Ive never seen one.

PCCN

dc klaatu said:
[quote="George III":2rx61xj0]I'm tired of rolling around in cargo vans.

is it doable?

Seriously,

SANFORD.jpg
[/quote:2rx61xj0]

Nice truck u gots there Jed. But where's Grannie and Ellie Mae gonna sit?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
honestly, your working not playing. For the amount you plan to spend you could just hire a guy to drive you and put a lazy boy recliner in the passenger seat. Ever consider why people don't do it?

A few use a trailer and that is probably the best option but I still think going with what works....Works.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
We have a guy in our area that has a legend and hose reel in a regular cab chevy

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Thanks!

The Durashell 370 cost $10k. It looks nice but doubt it would be practicle for my purposes.

The Omnivan body looks like a winner! I'll give em a buz on monday for a quote along with Hackney. I'll keep you updated.

Here's a few pics of a shortbed Omnivan body

carpet%202%20400.jpg

carpet%201%20380.jpg

carpet%203%20z%20best%20400.jpg

custom-carpet-cleaning-service-truck-body-3-200.jpg

steve g

Name
steve garrett
George III said:
Thanks!

The Durashell 370 cost $10k. It looks nice but doubt it would be practicle for my purposes.

The Omnivan body looks like a winner! I'll give em a buz on monday for a quote along with Hackney. I'll keep you updated.

Here's a few pics of a shortbed Omnivan body

carpet%202%20400.jpg

carpet%201%20380.jpg

carpet%203%20z%20best%20400.jpg

custom-carpet-cleaning-service-truck-body-3-200.jpg

thats a really cool looking rig imagine not having to crawl into the van to grab something. now have something like that on a dually pickup which would give you 2ft wider of a box and better load handling. then have them add some compartments on the bottom below the box floor before and after the wheels.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom