Two rugs today

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They went nuts over scrub and run. Everyone trying to one-up each other about how much money they made in how little time. Anyone that mentioned cleaning or ethics got shouted down.

Too bad, it had been a really good group.
Sounds vaguely familiar.

Those diaper cleaner are a cult I tell ya! 😉

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
2 rugs the other day

20210329_122456.jpg

AdamDumphy

Name
Adam Dumphy
Brady called me this morning to tell me one of the two rugs he was being asked to clean was a Wool, cotton and viscose blend. Said he didn’t want to clean it. I agreed. I was proud he caught it.

But ... what if it wasn’t tagged and he went by a burn test.

I’d be buying a $4000 rug.
That’s what the lady paid for it.
If you just took the time to learn how to properly clean those rugs you could be making really good money. Id be charging $4.50 a SqFt at least on that rug. You can soak 100% viscose rugs just have to extract as much water out of it after the cleaning and lots of fans for dry time. Might have to use a little peroxide to fix light browning if it occurs.

hogjowl

Idiot™
If you just took the time to learn how to properly clean those rugs you could be making really good money. Id be charging $4.50 a SqFt at least on that rug. You can soak 100% viscose rugs just have to extract as much water out of it after the cleaning and lots of fans for dry time. Might have to use a little peroxide to fix light browning if it occurs.
On site?

AdamDumphy

Name
Adam Dumphy
Would never clean that onsite also nothing in your first post indicated you were being asked to clean on site 🤷‍♂️ Post just makes it seem you don't think that blend can be cleaned. to much money to be made to turn away rugs and plenty of great products and classes to learn how to properly clean these high end rugs

AdamDumphy

Name
Adam Dumphy
4.50 a foot is not nearly enough in many cases.
Well that's why I said at least $4.50 inquiring it could go beyond that price per square foot. Have to do a through inspection on rugs to know exactly what needs to be done to clean and preserve the rug.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Well that's why I said at least $4.50 inquiring it could go beyond that price per square foot. Have to do a through inspection on rugs to know exactly what needs to be done to clean and preserve the rug.
Wow seems extreme just for cleaning. But I don't own any expensive rugs. Mine are cheap, I could buy new for the $4.50. lol

However there is a lot of liability involved in cleaning and handling.

AdamDumphy

Name
Adam Dumphy
Wow seems extreme just for cleaning. But I don't own any expensive rugs. Mine are cheap, I could buy new for the $4.50. lol

However there is a lot of liability involved in cleaning and handling.
The Rug room forum on Facebook has a lot of great people to help answer questions posted about cleaning rugs of all calibers. They also do a free webcast every Wednesday night. And the guys who started the forum also do multiple classes a year on cleaning high end rugs. Definitely more people looking to help one another in that forum then anyone on here is

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The Rug room forum on Facebook has a lot of great people to help answer questions posted about cleaning rugs of all calibers. They also do a free webcast every Wednesday night. And the guys who started the forum also do multiple classes a year on cleaning high end rugs. Definitely more people looking to help one another in that forum then anyone on here is
It is a specialty with so many fractions of what rug cleaning entails. Certainly worth doing if you cater to high end clients.

Personally never enjoyed cleaning them. It's not as glamorous as some would make it appear. Hard, hot, work dragging around heavy wet pissy rugs.

A needed service, just one I didn't need to be involved with.

Reactions: AdamDumphy

Tom Forsythe

The Rug room forum on Facebook has a lot of great people to help answer questions posted about cleaning rugs of all calibers. They also do a free webcast every Wednesday night. And the guys who started the forum also do multiple classes a year on cleaning high end rugs.
There is a lot of knowledge, care and concern on this forum. Paul Lucas has the opportunity to make some very specialized products that would never meet our minimum batch runs. The main participants live in this world. I would like to live in the rug world, but it is a small niche market in the professional cleaning industry. We sell more Flex Powder than any group of wool products that we could ever sell into this rug world.

However, a lot of area rugs do not fit into this rug world. Flex Powder is actually a good pre-spray when extracting polypropylene area rugs which can actually be attractive rugs for their cost. The cost of extraction may be all a logical person would spend for cleaning these replaceable rugs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom