Usedtruckmountsales.com

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Superior Cleaning Solutions wanted to announce that we just re-vamped our used truckmount and cleaning equipment website. Our site is a paid listing site for anything cleaning and restoration related. We have had quite a few members of the board list their machines/vans/equipment in the past.

Before you simply sent in the pictures, and information by email, sent $50, and we would have it posted in 12-24 hours. Now we've given the ability for the user to enter all the information include pictures. The site also allows the users to manage their own ads via a dashboard. Change pricing, descriptions, mark the item sold, or even re-list, and more. We wanted to really give the seller more control than they had before.

At this time we allow the user to upload 5 photos, however if more are needed/wanted to be shown we can edit and add more.

Pricing has changed - It is still $50 for any 'turn key' items which we classify anything being sold inside a van. $40 for just a machine, and finally $25 for any equipment(wands, upholstery tools, and rotarys, ect ect).

Any Mikeysboard member will receive a 50% discount on any listing for being a member here - just enter coupon code 'mikeysboard'. We do review all listings before approval.

If you take a look here you will see an example of what a listing looks like, and the functionality we have given to get in contact with the seller, and the ability to see where the item is located.

We're still transferring items from the old site but feel free to check it out.

Thanks!

http://www.usedtruckmountsales.com

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I'd like to ask a question that has always bothered me about that site.

Why are the "sold" units left up? I have to sort through so many sold units that I just give up.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I'd like to ask a question that has always bothered me about that site.

Why are the "sold" units left up? I have to sort through so many sold units that I just give up.

got to agree......when I was looking for my second one....I went there but got tired of sifting thru all the sold ones and just went else where..........

John Olson

Name
John Olson
got to agree......when I was looking for my second one....I went there but got tired of sifting thru all the sold ones and just went else where..........
short answer because I told Steve to leave them to show how many sold from the site. The site is a money losing proposition as it was so hoping it will start making Steven a couple of bucks with the changes. We do appreciate the feeback. We knew it wasn't what we wanted (why I hadn't seriously advertised it) and now with the new format i'm going to put more into growing (well Steven is :) )

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I figured it was like the Realtor "Sold" sign. But yes they are in the way and worse you see the deals you missed.

I have a Blueline Extractor I'll throw on there once I get some pictures of it. John should someone up there buy it, can you receive it and install it?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Thanks for the feedback guys!

So what we'll do is keep any of the sold items off the main page, and the categories they once belonged to, and move them to a 'past sellers' group. With the ability to see what items each seller has for sale, or have sold in the past we have to keep them "some where". It's something that always bothered me too. We kept them on there for a few reasons. If someone has similar equipment they can use it a reference on how to price or see what they can get out of their equipment, or what people are willing to pay.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Can you make a button that has "Archived Past Sales" or something like that. I agree it is a great reference as to what your machine might be worth for selling or buying.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Can you make a button that has "Archived Past Sales" or something like that. I agree it is a great reference as to what your machine might be worth for selling or buying.

I'm going to play around with them automatically going to a page like that. Its currently not a default. Right now as the listing expires or is marked sold by the seller it goes invisible from every page. And making it 'live' again even marked as sold makes it appear on the front page still.

Jim, Rich, and Ken. If for some reason we can't make them disappear from the front page, would having them automatically pushed to the bottom of the front page make things better? That way listings still active would be at the top ?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That wouldn't bother me Steven.

A person can see what is currently for sale and if you want to continue to scroll down to see what has been sold previously you still can.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Steven yous should hire ME for a frontman.....cuz
i dun know if you all were COUNTING.....or not
but i sold FI of the brand new Genies
in one year.......

don go telling Mikey cuz he'll go all squirrely
on my ass me for money

Last edited:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I think John refurbished and sold 12-15(I'm not sure because some were sold right away and not even listed) last year. But it does take a "special" person to sell Genies! :rockon:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No Ken, I don't think they let Bawb socialize with the other kids for fear "it" might rub off.

I belive he waz home tot.........by wolves! :p

You know all those wolves you guys have in the Detroit Metro area. :oldrolleyes:

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I think any kind of for sale first and what has/was sold at the end of the list would be cool.

Another thing that would help those of us thinking of listing our units would be what the set up actually sold for.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I think any kind of for sale first and what has/was sold at the end of the list would be cool.

Another thing that would help those of us thinking of listing our units would be what the set up actually sold for.

Dually noted, Thanks Ken!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
No Ken, I don't think they let Bawb socialize with the other kids for fear "it" might rub off.

I belive he waz home tot.........by wolves! :p

You know all those wolves you guys have in the Detroit Metro area. :oldrolleyes:

it was a coyote.................:angry:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I stand corrected. hehee

a Coyote.....who knew Bawb was raised by a Coyote. ????

BabyBaw.jpg

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
After reading all of the feedback.....

When an item is marked as sold by the user or admin, I will update the title to put SOLD in, but leave the price there for future referencing. On the actual page with all the details it will add "This item has been sold" in the information at the top as well. If the listing expires before being sold, it will automatically disappear, and obviously unless its one of our listings I won't re-new it, and it will be gone unless the user chooses to re-list the item.

The order it displays is by date of submission, whether marked sold or still active. So I will edit the submission date manually to a different date so it drops to the bottom of the list. If the item is marked as sold it will not appear in the separate category pages, so that will display what is current accurately.

Richard - There is also a button on the top menu to see all past sold items together.

Last edited:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Why not sort by age/type or something and move all sold items to a single new page? I have never been to the site, just thinking out loud.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom