USPS Nightmares

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
For the past 5 years I have had HUGE issues getting mail delivered to my company P.O. Box,

EVERY 4 to 5 months we just STOP getting ANY mail... No advertisements, trade magazines, CHECKS, invoices, OR mail that I send to MYSELF.

Does ANYONE here have these kind of issues with the usps?

I am kind, courteous and patient about it every time this happens, because I don't want to PISS OFF the people that work back there, but I KNOW they can see and hear the frustration coming from me.

Here is the kicker: I get stacks of OOOOOLLLDD mail stuffed in to my P.O BOX that was obviously laying on the floor of a delivery truck at some point, and ITS NOT EVEN MINE (PO# is close)

This obviously makes me think that stacks of checks and important bills of mine are either laying on the floor of some truck or stuffed in to a neighboring PO BOX.

As it stands $37900.22 of checks have been mailed to my company over the past 6 weeks, and not ONE has made it. And most of that $ are from companys that do 90 day invoicing, so ive waiting LONG ENOUGH already.

Name
I'm Rick James
Never had an issue.. but my trash company deleted my account and picked up my trash for free for almost a year. You should go in a talk to the postmaster or someone in charge. Maybe they have some bad apples at that branch that need to be removed.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I have Called, Talked to in person, mailed, emailed the PostMaster every time and nothing comes of it, it just magically fixes itself after about 7 weeks of getting NOTHING. and dozens of people having to re-send everything (sometimes for the 2nd or 3rd time)

hogjowl

Idiot™
Luckily, I have not had these problems ... yet. I have, however, talked to several people over the past few years, all from other places, who HAVE had the same issues you are experiencing. I fear it will hit my PO soon as their fiscal problems grow. There really seems to be a HUGE management problem with the PO. Folks seem to hate working there and their supervisors seem not to have any real control over them. I suspect this is the natural result of an organization that is managed by Congress and follows every whim of the alphabet soup organizations that haunt our everyday lives in this politically correct America we all live in today.

Years ago, we had a postman who apparently had a bi-polar issue. One day he was a nice guy and the next day he would run his route (all through the downtown area) cussing people out. Today he is retired from the PO. The postmaster told several people who complained about him that there was not much he could do other than continue to report him.

I seriously don't know if the PO is unionized or not, but it sure seems to be run a LOT like companies who are staffed by unionized employees gone wild.

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
Never any problems like that, Thank God!!

What did you get postman for Christmas?
:twisted: :twisted:

Tony

Hope That you can get get that fixed permanently.

Connor

Name
Connor
Marty said:
Luckily, I have not had these problems ... yet. I have, however, talked to several people over the past few years, all from other places, who HAVE had the same issues you are experiencing. I fear it will hit my PO soon as their fiscal problems grow. There really seems to be a HUGE management problem with the PO. Folks seem to hate working there and their supervisors seem not to have any real control over them. I suspect this is the natural result of an organization that is managed by Congress and follows every whim of the alphabet soup organizations that haunt our everyday lives in this politically correct America we all live in today.

Years ago, we had a postman who apparently had a bi-polar issue. One day he was a nice guy and the next day he would run his route (all through the downtown area) cussing people out. Today he is retired from the PO. The postmaster told several people who complained about him that there was not much he could do other than continue to report him.

I seriously don't know if the PO is unionized or not, but it sure seems to be run a LOT like companies who are staffed by unionized employees gone wild.

Oh, my look who GAS.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
It might be a Kentucky thing. Are you sure they can read? Yes, they are unionized. Just as hard to fire one of them as a teacher. My postman told me that the way it's set up, it would cost the postal service more money if they stopped Saturday deliveries. That is fd up.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I think it is going to get much worse, before it either gets better, or a private company takes them on ... if that is legal. Imagine a day when you can't depend on the mail to get though.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
UPS left a package at an abandoned house on the next block after reporting it was delivered to my house. Wife and I happened to find it while walking on Christmas Eve. I also checked the mail box, which had some of my mail in it....no checks, though. Replacement USPS deliverer that week.

Funny thing.....house was boarded up, and obvious that it was abandoned.

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I would contact the postal inspectors if you haven't already. Employees get really nervous and problems usually disappear when the inspectors get involved.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've had the same PO box for 33+ years.....in Kentucky.

Never a problem with the USPS. Mail is postmarked, thus if it were routinely delayed it would show who to blame. People who sometimes say "the check was mailed last week" eventually send the check, postmarked the day before I get it. Go figure.

I think several issues come into play. The economy has otherwise punctual people holding on to their money longer than they used to. Also less junk mail is being sent.

The result: more days with an empty mailbox. I do suspect they only put it out every other day sometimes.

Ashley if your situation is not hyperbole I'd be getting onto it, if you can prove checks were sent and not delivered.

Somebody is lying...

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
joeynbgky said:
Use ur home address. Po boxes sux

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

I went to P.O. BOX because my mail lady (Who I have given $50 every Christmas for the past 8 years) kept putting my mail in the wrong box (This is one of those big metal communal locked boxes at the end of the street)
And it would end up going to in to the box of a neighbor that spends weeks out of town on business.

I have the SAME issues when it comes to SENDING mail, the bills I pay that cant be direct deposited like my Shops rent RARELY make it to my Landlord.

This has just caused so much Anxiety and Depression its not even funny.... I would pay $100's in membership fees if it meant a more reliable postal service.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Yep I had the same stuff happen a year ago. I also get mail from neighboring boxes. Mail still comes to old box owner and I've had my box for 5 years.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Get a UPS Store Suite address...Those people are not secure in their job and actually do it right....Not always...But I would trust that a bit more.

You can also have your mail forwarded from your UPS Store Suite address to your home so you never have to stop there.

Simple

I wouldn't use a PO box for various reasons.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Have you considered just using your physical address? Seems like it would solve a lot of problems and probably save you a few dollars a month. Just a thought...

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
When I moved back to Ohio from Utah, I had one heck of time with the post office. They forwarded my mail for 6 weeks to ohio after i filled out the change of address form, and then all of a sudden stopped and started sending it back to my old Utah address. Finally had to go fill out another change of address form and that fixed it, but my mail went back to Utah for nearly 5 weeks.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
miksar said:
I would contact the postal inspectors if you haven't already. Employees get really nervous and problems usually disappear when the inspectors get involved.

Back
Top Bottom