Vortex/AT owners, I gots a question..

Mikey P

Administrator
My 2004 half AT and half FMI built truck has a 30 pin connector that joins the conduit that goes from under the truck to the bottom side of the control panel

Jim Martin says his was hardwired all the way to each dial, gauge, fuse, sensor etc.. Not mine.

How is your box/panel wired in?

20120724_073627.jpg

20120724_073612.jpg

You can see in these pics where I had to hard wire two wires together that had shorted out, this was before I had a local trade me some floor cleaning to take it all apart and solder all 30 or so wires together.

now the unit runs better then ever. No mysterious shut downs, heat or pressure pikes all gauges are happy and not bouncing around at will...

yippie!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Mike, mine is just like the one in picture. Constant minor problems with it. I ordered a new 24 pin connector but after having seen it I thought why would you want to put in another headache like this? So one Saturday I plan on the direct wiring the entire thing and then be rid of the connector. The 2 wires that have a weak connection in my pin controls the heat ( it will heat up to whatever you set) but once it cycles off it will not kick back in, and the other creates intermittent rpm issues.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
BLewis said:
Mike, mine is just like the one in picture. Constant minor problems with it. I ordered a new 24 pin connector but after having seen it I thought why would you want to put in another headache like this? So one Saturday I plan on the direct wiring the entire thing and then be rid of the connector. The 2 wires that have a weak connection in my pin controls the heat ( it will heat up to whatever you set) but once it cycles off it will not kick back in, and the other creates intermittent rpm issues.

I told Mike about a year ago to get rid of that thing...and you should do the same thing first chance you get.....that pin connector is not designed for the type of location that it is put in....and because of that it will cause pre-mature failure to a lot of electrical components......

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
If you want real wiring problems buy the one of a kind 2000 Peterson built Vortex Prototype.........I wish I would've taken pictures of that rats nest when I had it......what a cluster!

Billy

Name
BH
2007 HardWired straight to terminals. I actually wouldn't mind a plug for easier repair myself & it would have been Great if there was either well labeled or color coded wires in panel. I was very surprised when I saw the inside is all basically a couple of colors.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom