Walking on the clean carpet with your shoes?

Name
Brad Gouveia
I recently had a lady shocked that I was walking on her carpets that I just cleaned with my shoes. About every 3or 4 years I get one of these people. Is it just me or what do you guys do/say. I would say my shoes are on carpet more than they are on any other flooring surface. I do have booties that I do provide if requested but do no break them out for my use, as I can usually tell if I cam going to be leaving any marks on the flooring or not.

What do you tell your customers if they ask?

Thanks,

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Clean Response said:
I recently had a lady shocked that I was walking on her carpets that I just cleaned with my shoes. About every 3or 4 years I get one of these people.
Thanks,

You may be getting more of "these people" than you think. She may have only been one of the few to open her mouth about it.
The perception of the customer will always be that your shoes are dirty, and they are probably right, because any pair of shoes that are not "house shoes" ARE dirty. The customer can not be expected to know where your shoes may or may not have been.
Get a damp white towel and clean the bottom of your shoes and see how the towel looks.

I'm surprised anyone does not use them.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yup, we wear booties on all clean carpet and eliminate the potential for any negative mots

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Whatever.

I tell them I have magic carpet cleaner shoes. Guess what, some of them seriously believe it.

Billy

Name
BH
We keep Shoe Covers on us because if you think about it the clients observation makes sense since we do walk in & out.

I'm not going to lie & say I always use them but I try to remember to use them as much as possible & thru repetitive use we are all getting used to putting them on while in the house.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Silly...bOyZ.... KMA!

You tell them your shoes are treated with TEFLON.... I've seen Jimmy naked

It is a great....."sHoE-iN"....to sell the protector.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I never walk on any carpet I have cleaned once everything is packed up, I will stand at the door or find another way to the kitchen were most payments occur.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You may choose to inform her that on a freshly cleaned, slightly damp carpet, your shoes are only dirty for the first few steps.
By the third, fourth max- fifth step, they are totally clean.

Wear them booties. It's about perception!

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
We use moving blankets at entryways, not only to wipe feet but also protect the floor.

During winter indoor shoes and outdoor shoes.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
crocs, the uglist light blue I can find. they only walk on clean carpet or for applying protector. I use a SFS trick of telling them how I would never be caught wearing them outside but they are my booties

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
After I clean a carpet I have them hermetically sealed and laminated. So they are impervious to soil and never have to be clean again.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Dmreed4311 said:
I never walk on any carpet I have cleaned once everything is packed up, I will stand at the door or find another way to the kitchen were most payments occur.

Same here. I try not to look like a douche by wearing booties 24/7.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Doug Cox said:
Dmreed4311 said:

There you go.
If all the other reasons to wear booties did not convince you.
Doug's should eat yor heart out Werner

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Ofer Kolton said:
[quote="Doug Cox":1l59tbrl]
Dmreed4311 said:

There you go.
If all the other reasons to wear booties did not convince you.
Doug's should eat yor heart out Werner[/quote:1l59tbrl]

**** off.

K P

Doug Cox said:
Dmreed4311 said:

You two can talk to Chavez and get your seating assignments KMA!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i tell my customers to wear socks only preferable white. if i have to walk on them thats what i do , take off my shoes and walk o them with socks.

gene

Able 1

Name
Keith
K P said:
[quote="Doug Cox":12ilrkw4]
Dmreed4311 said:

You two can talk to Chavez and get your seating assignments KMA![/quote:12ilrkw4]

KP, mister fiddy cent! you wear booties ALL the time? :lol: No wonder you take such a hit to land a job. yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

I wear them only when applying the protector "that I couldn't talk them out of" for their poly carpet. I simply won't ever walk on a carpet that I have cleaned... Cause one time it had dirt on my shoes and had to pull out all my shit again(BTW I was thinking about using a word like "equipment" so not to show a lack in vocabulary, but using "shit" really made me feel better!!!) eat shit!

Able 1

Name
Keith
K P said:
Hey "unable" you like Cox dont you? Get your ass on the bus too I've seen Jimmy naked DA.

PS-you smell like an ashtray even if you have the window down KMA! DA

Too bad I keep ALL I make you DIPSHIT! :lol: KMA! AND they keep coming back! J/K

EDIT: I do pay 99.00 per month for my website..

2nd Edit: and I bought 100 letter openers that you can put your card in.. I've seen Jimmy naked :lol:

SOO what do you smell like being that you are so hard up! eat shit!

K P

Hey I finally figured out why you gave Brian such a hard time,yours kids look like him..guess he was "subbing" in Milwauki :lol: :lol:J/k asshole

Able 1

Name
Keith
K P said:
Hey I finally figured out why you gave Brian such a hard time,yours kids look like him..guess he was "subbing" in Milwauki :lol: :lol:

Yeah, that was lame, I didn't give Brian a hard time at all.. AT LEAST he got half YOUR pay, I bet you look like Corky! would the real rob allen please stand up?

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Same here, we wear shoe covers to do anything back on the carpet. Clients love them as well as corner guards. It's the little things they really notice.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Lee Stockwell said:
In Kentucky it's fashionable to put Walmart or Dollar General bags over your shoes.....

Seems to be fashionable in Cali also since the state is BROKE! It fits KP just right! :lol:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
a properly cleaned carpet should never have a footprint on it........

and booties are dumb as hell.............

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
HARPER said:
Silly...bOyZ.... KMA!

You tell them your shoes are treated with TEFLON.... I've seen Jimmy naked

It is a great....."sHoE-iN"....to sell the protector.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I will Teflon my boots and tell them this.

Name
Yohance
Typically shoe covers or socks for us. Whatever is convenient at that moment. I feel they always will feel funny about us walking on the carpet even If shoes are immaculate. Just makes us look more professional. We use the blue plastic ones and they work just fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom