Wand stroke to wand stroke

Able 1

Name
Keith
I use the handle only if the custy is one of those that watches the whole process to make them think i'm really working hard.

Able 1

Name
Keith
well yeah i pick it up that way don't use it to push much though, unless it needs some scrubbin'.

TimP

I use the wand handle to start the push stroke. Just to take some pressure off my right side and to try to make things more even. But most of the work is done with my right side. I like to make long strokes with the wand in big rooms....I find I can get the job done faster since every time you stop to move to the next run takes up time.

Bob Foster

I was one of those half wand width guys. Today I forced myself to only do a 1 or 2 inch overlap instead and used a slightly slower pull. I was very pleased with the results. I also only key one way and that is something I switched a couple of months ago.

I was also wondering how slow a dry stroke most of you are doing and if you just overlap a little like on your cleaning stroke.

Rex Tyus

"dry stroke"? :?

Just kidding. I do them but they ain't slow.

edit: excessive overlaping on the wet stroke doesn't help with drying imo. It only adds more moisture to the equation.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
BOB FOSTER...bob foster???

Ain't yous the guy that i taught how ta push a wand jus a little while back......why would ya axe THESE yahoos...?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
KevinL said:
The handle is for lifting the wand to get it started on the forward stroke. To each his own.

GAWD...that makes me mad when i see someone liftin' the wand off the surface.....

I thought this was the pro-board????

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bob Foster said:
I was also wondering how slow a dry stroke most of you are doing and if you just overlap a little like on your cleaning stroke.

depends whether res or empties for us
If res, after the cleaning back stroke, it's a steady "somewhat" slow dry stroke to the top, then a little quicker back dry stroke, then a diagnal up and over for the next keyed cleaning stroke.

In empties, it's just a diagnal forward to the top
(unless it's a trashed empty, then it's a full dry stroke to the top to remove a little more "gUnk")

..L.T.A.

TimP

bob vawter said:
KevinL said:
The handle is for lifting the wand to get it started on the forward stroke. To each his own.

GAWD...that makes me mad when i see someone liftin' the wand off the surface.....

I thought this was the pro-board????

The only picture we have gotten of your guys working is with the damn wand off the ground pre-spraying ghetto juice all over the carpet......you're so full of it BAWB

I prefer no triangles.....

IMG_2879-1.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Let's see..years in trade:

Tim 1
Bob 40

Tim..if you were to gain all my knowledge all at once...

Yor frickin' hED would blow up!

TimP

I don't care what you say bob. You only wish you could get what I get for my minimum, vs you for a whole house.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
No offense Tim...but people that don know what they're talking about...

generally don know what they're talking abouT!

i'm sure you mean well.....but i SEE that you DIDN'T do yor perimeters first????

I also see that you pullt yor wand parallel to the wall instead of facing it..???

No wand can get the edge correctly in that manner....

Rex Tyus

bob vawter said:
No offense Tim...but people that don know what they're talking about...

generally don know what they're talking abouT!

i'm sure you mean well.....but i SEE that you DIDN'T do yor perimeters first????

I also see that you pullt yor wand parallel to the wall instead of facing it..???

No wand can get the edge correctly in that manner....

No offense Bawb, but if he did pull his perimeters first with a short perpendicular to the wall stroke then worked his way out you would NOT be able to SEE it. As those directional wand marks would have been erased.

Plus everthing you know about wand performance is out dated if you don't have a Greenhorn.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
On the 1972 album School's Out by Alice Cooper the words are uttered at the end of the song "My Stars."

Brian wins the prize.......!

TimP

I do have a greenhorn BAWB. And I don't have to worry about my perimeters and vortex crap like you do cause I vacuum my carpet first and get all the crud out of the edges with my vacuum which has a hand tool to get the edges. Plus I don't worry about the very edge unless it's dirty. I'm putting down enough water to throurally flush the carpet anyways even on the edges. People don't walk on the edge and it only gets dirty if someone soaks them down with soap before cleaning, or the home has filtration soiling really bad. Not many homes around here use gas heaters.....all heat pumps so I don't see it very often and when I do I flush the edge by lifting the wand to get it wet then suck it out till it's gone.

Just face it Bob your 40 years of experience doesn't mean all that when it comes to glides and modern carpet cleaning. I'm on the cutting edge.....I'd say you were......40 years ago. Don't get me wrong Bob I do like you, you seem like a good guy. But don't preach as though you know it all....cause face it you don't. Hell I don't but I'm man enough and smart enough to admit it, and I try and impliment new techniques and ideas into my business all the time. Those who think they know it all need to hang up their wands.....and that idea comes from the Great Barry Costa.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Tim don take me wrong here...By FAR i don know it all...i'm jus sayin' that i know more than MOST...here!

At least in the fields of mechanical aptitude....

and wanding techniques.....unsurpassed!
I can get infinite more adjustment on my two 02 or 04 jets as you can on the Greenhorn six jet wand.....sorry Greenie..it ain't ME that's the flood N suck!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Timp wrote

Those who think they know it all need to hang up their wands.....and that idea comes from the Great Barry Costa.

Don't let Mikey hear you say that. :wink:
He has invested alot of money to just go and hang it up like that.

TimP

Greenhorn is a 5 jet wand. I don't have the time nor energy to teach an old dog a new trick or have a pissing match with it. I don't care what you use I don't care if your wrong or right. Nothing will change so I'm not going to waste my time.

TimP

Brian Robison said:
Timp wrote

Those who think they know it all need to hang up their wands.....and that idea comes from the Great Barry Costa.

Don't let Mikey hear you say that. :wink:
He has invested alot of money to just go and hang it up like that.

Mikey is constantly trying and learning new things. Check out his tip in the hard surface room for troublesome grout. Genious if you ask me.

Not to mention him working with Mitey (sp) with new products.....he tries em all and and assumes nothing.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
This is a great thread. At the end of the day you realize that noone is right or wrong. Just a bunch of diferent ways of doing it.

Now my take, I know I'm probably one of the odd ones here but if the wand had a clear tube in the middle there would be no more guessing. One day I'm gonna put a hacksaw to my Greenhorn. Greenie would finally have nothing to do with me :lol: :lol:

Albert

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
My very FIRST dragwand had that clear tube...it's great for impressin' custys...but they usually haze up wit scratches at about two weeks......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom