Wand stroke to wand stroke

TimP

Albert Lazo said:
This is a great thread. At the end of the day you realize that noone is right or wrong. Just a bunch of diferent ways of doing it.

Now my take, I know I'm probably one of the odd ones here but if the wand had a clear tube in the middle there would be no more guessing. One day I'm gonna put a hacksaw to my Greenhorn. Greenie would finally have nothing to do with me :lol: :lol:

Albert

They make a clear tube you hook inbetween your wand and hose....but it don't work like you think it would is what I hear.

lesterj2

bob vawter said:
So's Greenie...the handle is for carryin' the wand....into the house...how do you crack the wand to get the vortex at the baseboard....?

Greenie i challenge you to a wand joust....the winner???

Gets the fair lady Lisa....?

an' if yous lose......

you get mine!
LMAO @ having a wand joust...

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Wand should never leave the carpet.

Don't lift it at the end of the pull stroke.

I saw Lisa doing that in one of her pics.

Pulled it right up to her feet.

Wrong.

Keep the wand in front of you and never on the side.

But I use a 16 inch wand so its always in front of me.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Walrus said:

lifting it doesn't hurt a thing
matter of fact, it can aid in drying cause you're getting rid of a lot of water in the hose each time you lift for a split second.
It can make the biggest difference if you're cleaning in a finished basement pulling up hill with long hose runs.
Give it a breath every now and then

..L.T.A.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
O my God, you people. If you take a long back stroke with an unglided wand, there is no way you are going to start a forward stroke without lifting the wand for a second. And I agree with Larry that it helps to clear the hose slightly.
And Boob, the rest of us aren't scrubbing filthy carpet all the time.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Who here has a unglided wand? Haven't you learned nothin'

Keith

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
When moving the wand forward I follow the track (mostly) that I cleaned until the end then I curve right and and bring it over to the left as to not suck up the prespray. I may wind up making more strokes but clean and dry makes happy customers

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Walrus said:
Wand should never leave the carpet.

I saw Lisa doing that in one of her pics.

Pulled it right up to her feet.

Wrong.

Keep the wand in front of you and never on the side.

But I use a 16 inch wand so its always in front of me.

I've always stood sideways to the wand and moved it from side to side in front of me, I also wand left handed, even though I'm right handed. I believe it has always been an adaptation because I'm short (5'3") and use full size wands, this position allows me to keep the business end of the wand in proper position for maximizing recovery. If I try to wand with a forward motion instead of side to side, the wand is too low to recover efficiently. The forward motion poosition is also extremely uncomfortable to me.

Why do you say it's "wrong" Jimmy? If I was using a forward motion, wanding to my foot would cause me to raise the wand too high to recover properly, but side to side is a whole different animal. And I never lifted the wand, always kept it on the carpet, so you are wrong about that Jimmy.

Take care,
Lisa

When I had my two jet wand it was 1/3 to 1/2 overlap keyed both ways with steady paced dry strokes. Now that I have my Greenhorn its a 1 inch overlap keyed on the backstroke only (unless its real nasty) with steady paced dry strokes. My dry times are way down, carpets come clean way faster, and my productivity is WAY up! Thanks, Greenie! If anyone out there doesn't have a greenhorn yet, and you can afford it, don't hesitate to get one! They definately live up to the hype!

Greenie

The very next wand project is stainless, there are actually several, but they won't be avail. for some time, it's actually a family of wands, it will likely take msot of the winter before i am happy and make them ready for sale, also working on the new valve to go with them, I'm trying desperately to abolish all chinese imported hardware.

We're actually campaigning for other American companies in our industry to just say no to import crap, my vision is to have as much all American made supplies and hardware as possible, even if it cost more, which it does.
Hopefully the kids will have jobs still when we retire, not gonna happen if everyone continues to support companies who sell import crap. If it doesn't have the American "Made in the USA" flag on it, take a pass, your kids will thank you in 20 years.

And Yes there will be a titanium version, or two, or three.

Name
Nate W.
Greenie said:
The very next wand project is stainless, there are actually several, but they won't be avail. for some time, it's actually a family of wands, it will likely take msot of the winter before i am happy and make them ready for sale, also working on the new valve to go with them, I'm trying desperately to abolish all chinese imported hardware.

We're actually campaigning for other American companies in our industry to just say no to import crap, my vision is to have as much all American made supplies and hardware as possible, even if it cost more, which it does.
Hopefully the kids will have jobs still when we retire, not gonna happen if everyone continues to support companies who sell import crap. If it doesn't have the American "Made in the USA" flag on it, take a pass, your kids will thank you in 20 years.

And Yes there will be a titanium version, or two, or three.

I'm liking the look of the GreenHorn wand. I haven't used a wand in some years. What's the weight difference of the GH to the TI?

Greenie, I sent you a pm and email. Hopefully, you get them. LMK please.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
This is one of the most amusing threads anywhere in a longtime...

Lots of great info interspersed with great humor...An Klaatu was the name of the guy in the Day the Earth stood still,also something about the Beatles pops up.But I might be wrong...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Amen Greenie
I will pay more for anything American made...mostly because it is worth it...sometimes not worth it.
Keep it at home or home won't be home for very long.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
By the way,
Whenever I get a new glide from Greenie with the American flag on it my dad just about cries about it...in a good way.
he is a pissed off patriotic old dude...you know how it is.

I think it's really sad that we have to spend so much time and put in such an effort to find anything that has a made in the USA sticker on it. If I boycotted "made in china" toys, etc, my kids would have a real sh*tty Christmas. Thanks for making that effort, Greenie! All Americans should be willing to pay a little extra for the pride in buying something that says made in the USA. Recently I picked something up in a store that said "All parts made in USA, product assembled in Mexico" All I could say was WTF! It disgusted me!

glenboy

Name
GLEN
i think the reason bob is leanin on the wand is due too age and the ability to hold his big ol beer gut from from pullin him down to his knees the wand handle has become more of a walker for mr. vawter. :p :p :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
this thread evolved into buy American????

Welp, here's one for you.

Yesterday I couldn't find my Stanley tape measure.
(probably left in the dirt somewhere next to a repaired deck, roof or gutter in the Projects)

I have a dozen or more of the cheap harbor Freight ones.
They suit their purpose..ie.. I toss 'em all over the place, drawers, tool boxes, etc so I have a "quick" tape when needed.
BUT..when I'm working on projects, I use a good tape.
I love my 25ft Stanley LeverLock, but the sumbee is GONE :cry:

anywho, i stopped at Home Depot to buy a new LeverLock.
I bought a new LeverLock, but also looked at the Stanley Fat Max Extreme.
As incentive to buy it, it was packaged with a FREE titanium skeleton framed lock blade.
When I checked out the tape, I see MADE IN USA on the packaging.
Cool beans, I think, and the free knife was enough to get me to pay the 30 bones asking price

I took a look at the knife when I got home, it's made well enough, but sure enough, it's made in China

...L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom