WARNING!!! Carbon Monoxide will KILL YOU!

Name
Lee Stockwell
I never pulled the Bane into a garage either. In the winter you will bring in ice and slush to drop on their floor, and I wanted the truck to be outside VISIBLE while working.

Despite Bane saying you don't have to run the truck to get hot enough water....you often DID.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Rider0 here, I wouldn’t pull it out to put it in a garage cause don’t do residential, but if I did,
I’d use the little giant to heat it. But this isn’t a DABaneT. :hopeless:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’ve set off a couple monoxide alarms in the past. And I thought I was far enough away also. It’s always on my mind...and I'm always parked far enough away.

Always be aware of how you feel while you're doing a job inside. If the wind picks up and blows in the right direction...you might start feeling a little light headed.

steve_64

Getting rid of a paid for working truckmount is like getting rid of a paid for gun. But I get it, just messing with you. I use a Bane as a porty for any occasion I can’t use a truckmount.
I thought I would roll that thing around on some jobs too but never did. Once I got the WM I knew the bane was done and just taking up space.
It ended up going to a guy who got ripped off so I felt pretty good about it.

steve_64

I never pulled the Bane into a garage either. In the winter you will bring in ice and slush to drop on their floor, and I wanted the truck to be outside VISIBLE while working.

Despite Bane saying you don't have to run the truck to get hot enough water....you often DID.
I ended up plugging mine in every night with 70 gallon tank full.
If I had to fill up on a job I would plug it in if I could. At least I got hot water as it emptied.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Yeah, that would be a pain in the rear end! I never had the full system, much less in a van. Those things are huge. If I needed mine, I would roll it into my trailer with a pull down ramp. My little giant is on a dolly. Pretty slick, but still a pain.

Reactions: steve_64

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Fred you just broke my heart all over again and now I’m balling like a baby in my office. Jose was my customer and I had just met his new wife the day before. He called me that Saturday morning and I was with my son up at Alta while he skied. I missed his call while in the restroom and he left a voice mail. He said Mr. John,( he always called me me. John) don’t worry to call me back I’ll come see you Monday morning have fun with your son. That evening watching the news I see his van in the tv and turned it up to hear the most heart wrenching news. Please please please don’t ever do that to anyone. I miss Jose. He was a good man. If you need warning stickers message me with your address and I send you a couple free no charge for the mailing. These are what I have and I have plenty for everyone

image.jpg

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Sorry to ask, what happened with jose was TM carbon monoxide elated?

AdamDumphy

Name
Adam Dumphy
I've set off one so far this year. It was weird I had cleaned this customers basement carpet the week prior and I came back to clean a sectional for her in the basement and I parked in the same spot I was last time and after i was done and van turned off and wrapping up is when the detector was ringing off the hook. I'm not sure if my hose was just sucking up the air while I was down there because it only went off when I was done. Went back again a week later to clean another couch and parked a little farther back just in case and it didn't go off.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Sometimes certain chemicals will set them off.
I have set off several with prespraying only.
I set one off in a basement one day and the woman said don't worry about it, she said it goes off every time she applies nail polish near it.
But seriously, never blow off an alarm going off.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
when we did water/fire damage repair I sent a team to pressure wash a basement of a farmhouse. It had a door to the outside that went to the basement. Guess the line wasnt long enough so they put the pressure washer closer to the door.

Long story short, I spent a good part of that evening at the hospital with them.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
IS THIS JUST NOT COMMON SENSE??????
People just don't anything these days. I can't tell you how many times customers tell me I can park in their garage. I think every distributor needs to give a short course on the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning every time they sell a truck mount.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My customer's are always telling me "you can park closer to the door if you need to". I give them a quick explanation of why I'm 35-50ft away. And then there's days where I have to park closer than I like...I don't hesitate to tell my customers to air out the house after I leave and make them aware of feeling lightheaded.

Most people would just ignore the lightheaded feeling if they weren't aware that carbon monoxide could be the cause.

Every one of them appreciates me telling them that.

Communicate with your customers. They won't get mad at you or think bad about your process.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom