Watch out Suppliers.. Amazon Supply

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I received this email from ServiceMonster today.

Watch Out, Vendors . . . Here Comes AmazonSupply

On April 23, Amazon launched a new site, AmazonSupply. The purpose of AmazonSupply is to sell inexpensive industrial, office and janitorial supplies to commercial businesses.

AmazonSupply will attempt to undercut other vendors by offering free shipping on offers over $50, up to 1-year returns, a broad selection of merchandise choices and, of course, low prices.

AmazonSupply could cause a sizable loss of business for chains like Costco, Staples and Home Depot. Its potential effect on Jan-San industry vendors like Jon-Don, J. Racenstein Co. and others could be even worse.

But it remains to be seen how well AmazonSupply will actually work for business owners. Whether AmazonSupply will become a preferred commercial supplier depends on how well it executes its mission--and whether consumers want to take a chance.

For a more nuanced take, read here:
http://www.spendmatters.com/index.cfm/2 ... ompetition.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It's called free enterprise.

I welcome it.

A little competition makes the cream rise to the top!!

I just looked for some parts that I have been sourcing out to buy in bulk and Amazon Supply Is about three times the price of Graingers.

This might be a non-story.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Royal Man said:
I just looked for some parts that I have been sourcing out to buy in bulk and Amazon Supply Is about three times the price of Graingers.

THREE TIMES Grainger's price??
WTH was it??

This might be a non-story.

I figure it'll be pretty much like current Amazon ...some stuff at a good price, some average and some high

..L.T.A.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
well I am about a hundred miles from a supplier so I order everything anyhow. I do like amazon good prices on most stuff and shipping is cheap and usually very fast.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
The thing is you cant call someone from amazon with a question because they probably never cleaned anything. Even though I must admit that most suppliers that I have called only know whats written on the bottle and spit it out to you like its wisdom. Its actually annoying..like when my pea brain knows more than the guy selling shit...thank God for mikeys board...you guys save me all the time.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Ruff Hewn said:
[quote="Royal Man":7imepc7q]

THREE TIMES Grainger's price??
WTH was it? ..L.T.A.[/quote:7imepc7q]

I neeed some stainless bolts and locknuts , some nylon spacers and threaded t-knobs for a new project.

If anyone knows a bulk supplier. Let me know.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Fastenal :roll:

I went to my local Fastenal supplier to buy some nails for my pneumatic nail guns. They told me they "didn't sell nails because the competition was too fierce". :shock: !dork!

Haven't been back since.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
or some sort of nut and bolt supply....

there ARE somethings you just need to buy local

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
they have a crappy selection for carpet cleaning chemicals, the stuff they do have I have never heard of and seems expensive.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
lust1kiddo said:
The thing is you cant call someone from amazon with a question because they probably never cleaned anything. Even though I must admit that most suppliers that I have called only know whats written on the bottle and spit it out to you like its wisdom. Its actually annoying..like when my pea brain knows more than the guy selling shit...thank God for mikeys board...you guys save me all the time.

Maybe they can hire "Mike" from JonDon because he's a pain in the ass to order with, Cant answer simple questions without putting you on hold for 20 min and since I dont order from Amazon I wouldnt have to hang up on him and call back to get a women that knows her stuff on the phone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom