water pre-heater idea for air cooled TMs

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
My rough draft idea for preheating water from plastic fresh water tank.
It uses the exhaust heat with a HX.
It takes water from transfer pump- to HX- out HX and into TM water inlet.

im using QCs for flexibility. as it would need to be moved to close the side door; I realize it will be hot.

I would not recommend this modification in hot weather or low flow water use. I like to use higher flow then my 370 is made for.

A future improvement would be to install it under the van with a custom exhaust system for the TM. and have manual diverter valves when hotter water isn't needed.

20201122_113544.jpg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Are you planning on descaling that before you put it in use?

Why don't the smaller air cooled truckmounts just use a bigger water box, similar to the everest? That should solve the problem.

Prochem Legend for example. That's only a 2-3 gallon container. 5 gallons of preheated water would give plenty of heat. Has that ever been discussed? Or do the tm companies do that to leave room for "upgrading" your machine?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Are you planning on descaling that before you put it in use?

Why don't the smaller air cooled truckmounts just use a bigger water box, similar to the everest? That should solve the problem.

Prochem Legend for example. That's only a 2-3 gallon container. 5 gallons of preheated water would give plenty of heat. Has that ever been discussed? Or do the tm companies do that to leave room for "upgrading" your machine?

I'm using a higher flow then the 370 is designed for. I don't have an issue IF I used the TM as it is designed for. A larger water box might cause other issue.
I will admit my high flow usage causes my transfer pump sometimes overheat and stop working.
yes I do extra extraction passes, but that isn't enough "Off trigger time" to increase the water temp.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My comment sounded like I was suggesting putting a bigger water box on your new machine. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Your tm doesn't need any modifications like that. I was mainly curious at why those water tanks are so small compared to the bigger ones. Especially when there's a temp. relief valve right on the tank itself.

But back to your little added HX. Are you gonna descale that ugly thing or not?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom