Websitesuggestions

FredC

Village Idiot
it horrible...borderline visually assaulting.........dumping the content background asap would make a huge improvement ..........

suggest Seppuku to the header/logo designer..

is that the type of stuff you're looking for?

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
just dropping content/post bg image makes it wwwwwaaaaayyyy easier to read

rrr.png

FredC

Village Idiot
also sucks that I'm getting ads for shitty motorcycles .

FredC

Village Idiot
that before/after slideshow is likely to cause seizures

I can't be bothered to read the actual content because of the other crap....

Last edited:

Dave Marky

Name
Dave Marky
I was thinking of dumping the background to grey, a friend built the site for me but I am just not quite happy with it so i took control a few weeks ago. looks way better with the grey

Dave Marky

Name
Dave Marky
made a few changes and so much happier with just the readability alone. Thanks for the suggestions.. greatly appreciated..

FredC

Village Idiot
given the length of your content consider using a sticky sidebar.

On my wp sites I usually use Theia Sticky Sidebar

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
The header becomes invisible on a mobile device because of the menu. I would add a click to call button so it's easier to get in touch with you. It'll only show up on mobile device and sometimes tablet depending on the resolution. https://wordpress.org/plugins/call-now-button/ <---- it's free and easy to configure.

Agree with Fred with his suggestions.

Your content is really keyword stuffed, I'd be careful with that. Especially with the overuse of heading tags (h1, h2, h3 etc) to place keywords in. If you're going to create a heading at least make sure there is content below it that has to do with that heading. I think a lot of your content on the homepage could use a separate page in itself. Especially the helpful tips, toward the bottom, they could be another helpful tips page / blog post to throw in there since you already have one.

While "above the fold" isn't really a factor for Google much anymore. I would re-think your homepage content organization to bring more important things to the top.

FredC

Village Idiot
See you switched themes...and dropped the sticky sidebar after getting some widgets stickied

I'm sure you're working on it now but two quick things...well three

1. Site still has placeholder phone number

2. My sound is on today....autoload vids are incredibly annoying

3. Very long load times

loadtim.jpg

Dave Marky

Name
Dave Marky
Well if that is not handy.. I think it's looking better. Now I have to find time to go over enerything that is on there. I like that theme better..

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Ditch the carpet cleaning menu on the sidebar. The facebook feed could go in the sidebar or a footer widget if it's available. Down in the footer ditch the keyword stuffing / links there.

FredC

Village Idiot
Move away from that shitty free hosting that is requiring you to have an ad AND has abysmal ttfb/load times ..........

less than $10/month

hostgator (I use for most of my sites)

godaddy

ipage

1&1

bluehost

^affiliate links

Last edited:

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Looks like you just joined the forum. Welcome!

I think you might be asking the wrong questions.

What is it you want your company to become?

Where are you in your development today?

What do you want your brand to reflect?

Looks like from your name you are carpet cleaning / restoration company?

What you just showed here will probably not position you well against national brands or well developed local competitors.

I would answer the questions above and then do 2 things.
1. Find a experienced service provider who understands how you market a service company. If you can get one locally that is best. Not always possible.
2. Find a mentor who you give full access to how your business runs for proper coaching.

Letting a bunch of folks throw out random thoughts on a single marketing item is dangerous to your companies long term health.

Look for someone who understands how to market a service company. There are many things that work together to make you dominate in your local market. A pretty website is just one. Your web site will need replacing in 3 years. This is not a forever investment!

Reactions: Wing It and Mikey P

Jason L

Name
Superior Carpet Cleaners Las Vegas
Check out what is working for me as far as on page optimization. I just made the site 7 weeks ago and am seeing good rank gains week by week. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am glad to be apart of this community.

Jason L
Las Vegas
Owner - Superior Carpet Cleaners Las Vegas

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom