Welcome $1KaDay!

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Chokemaster said:
Chokemaster said:
Just want to let you guys know that $1KaDay has been quite helpful to me. Never tried to sell me anything at all. I can tell you he does have knowledge in business and marketing.
As for his past or what he made, I have no idea. Just thought in fairness I should post this.

So I guess my comment just gets ignored since there is no juicy mud slinging in it.

Hi Chokemaster,

You vouched for Kip. Great!

Zee said:
Well if you contributed to this board more than 6 posts since registering almost a year ago, perhaps more people would think to respond. I noticed that the core group here usually ignores a person that doesn't contribute much.
So you are you?

Your post was overlooked because nobody knows who you are and you gave no evidence to support your claim. When, where, what, how... how about some additional info to back up or substantiate your comment that doesn't have any meat on the bone. How did his help affect your bottom line?

I agree, Kip took it pretty hard to the groin, seems he's let it all roll off his back. I don't think I would have handled it as well. Hopefully, he can talk the talk. That's what I'm most interested to learn about now; marketing, closing the sale, making money. All the technical know-how isn't worth a damn unless I can make the phone ring on a consistant basis.

I would love to go to SFS or other trainings but I can't afford to pay attention.. Hopefully there will be guys like Kip and Jeremy who are willing to share information and post their results like Jeremy is with his $1k marketing campaign.

Welcome aboard.
Bill Morgan

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Captain Morgan said:
I would love to go to SFS or other trainings but I can't afford to pay attention.
Bill Morgan
And there my friend lies the problem.

If you think you'll find the perfect advise here (or anywhere) from Gurus, veterans or snake oil sales people.
The miracle, cure all, quick fix, do nothing yet get rich quickly, the secret marketing that nobody till now found...........

Dream on :cry:

It's all about hard work, effort, consistency and the will to actually do what you need to do.

There. You got it. Now apply.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Does anybody have a good recipe for a cheese cake?

I love that cheese cake!

:shock:

couponpapa

Mikey P said:
couponpapa said:
Today is my first day here, is this the welcome wagon, shiteatinggrin.. I don’t have a carpet cleaning co at all, Just the other day for some reason it just pop into my head to look into it, say can anyone kind of point me in the right diction.

Thanks Thomas

Well Thomas what are you dreaming about?
Do you you see yourself behind the wand or swing machine running around the countryside being a hero to the housewives of Boise or do you invision sitting behind a desk dreaming up ways to cheat Google, the IRS, customers and your sub contractors while you make all the money?....and sit on these forums all day bragging about it?

Maybe we should start with finding out what you already know before I sell you one of my coveted Ride A Long© DVDs?

Hello, Mr. Mike just wanted to say thank you for the feedback. And that I love the Santa Cruz area, it has been a few yrs. since I have been out that way and the kids are bugging me to go out that way. The only one I dream of ripping off would be that greedy IRS, I always made sure too pay them off only because I don’t like dealing with them. ProHome is a home warranty co, that I bought into six yrs. ago, and was doing well till the economy tanked and made me go back to work for someone else, got lucky because I got a job! It’s not bad, and there is a lot of good people that work there, and I work 12 hr.’s a day so I have a three day on & four days off 1 week & 4 days on & 3 days off the next week. one thing that I have learned from builders is most or cheap, and some our very good with their sub-contractors, I don’t see myself making much money from proHome in the next four yrs,till the builders get fat again like to make money and I have always felt I make more working for myself. I don’t know anything about carpet cleaning and that is why I am here; I don’t won’t to go the franchise way did that with the proHome.
Thanks,Thomas.

couponpapa

Ofer Kolton said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":281h0pog] I would love to go to SFS or other trainings but I can't afford to pay attention.
Bill Morgan
And there my friend lies the problem.

If you think you'll find the perfect advise here (or anywhere) from Gurus, veterans or snake oil sales people.
The miracle, cure all, quick fix, do nothing yet get rich quickly, the secret marketing that nobody till now found...........

Dream on :cry:

It's all about hard work, effort, consistency and the will to actually do what you need to do.

There. You got it. Now apply.[/quote:281h0pog]

And I would like to throw in any short cuts that you have learned,and by short cuts I mean good advice,from somone that has learned from the road of hard knocks.
Thanks,Thomas

Mikey P

Administrator
I think Adam Hale is from your area... see if he would not mind you doing a ride along to see if this career path is really what you want before you move any furthur.

For lots of people all the back stressing work and customer relations is a real turn off.

and if your not at least 10% mentally retarded in some fashion, cleaning carpet just aint that interesting a way to make a living.

but it does pay well.

F

FB7777

Anybody that isn't making at least 6 figures in this business after a couple years has to be way north of 10%

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You do realize that I am only wearing one shoe.

I find that it balances my life and carpet cleaning.

:shock:

Name
Lee Stockwell
I'll risk the snarks and be the first to admit I'm personally still in high five figures. I'm sure that is close to the norm. We spun the boys into separate businesses a few years back, and theirs run a bit above mine. As a father I'd rather see them do well than me.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Captain Morgan said:
Chokemaster said:
Chokemaster said:
. Hopefully, he can talk the talk. That's what I'm most interested to learn about now; marketing, closing the sale, making money. All the technical know-how isn't worth a damn unless I can make the phone ring on a consistant basis.

I would love to go to SFS or other trainings but I can't afford to pay attention.. Hopefully there will be guys like Kip and Jeremy who are willing to share information and post their results like Jeremy is with his $1k marketing campaign.

Welcome aboard.
Bill Morgan

Hey Bill,

For calls- the phone to ring with new clients it's the online world for us. That as well as repeats and referrals of course. Must have a good site with killer SEO work onsite and off. Some people do well still with yellow pages, door hangers, etc... The online world for us is where it's at!
Thank god we have an endless list of repeats that has helped us through the bad economy which seems like for us ended last winter or certainly has improved.

Customer retention/ referrals-We personally do not go after commercial work so our bulk is residential clients and the very best and IMO the only way to dominate this business and make tons of money is, World class customer service on the phone and at the job site, be presentable and show a true love for your clients, there kids and pets, build a great relationship with your clients so they trust you and tell everybody about you, and of course do an amazing job. But even if somebody is an ok cleaner but has all those other qualities they will crush the great cleaner all day every day. Send reminders, emails, call, whatever. we use a text reminder program.

Sales- people are impulse buyers! So let em know what else you do! Be excited about it like it's the coolest thing they ever have seen! ( CAN I SHOW YOU A TILE DEMO MRS SO & SO ) stain shield, extra room here, extra chair there. I swear everyday you can double or triple each ticket almost. If I left each job with what was scheduled these past 18 years I would not be 5min from the beach, in a great home, daughter in a great school, and surfing & snowboarding whenever I want.

I posted this because I think I can help and I love our industry and the life it has provided for my family and especially my selfish wave and snow addicted self! I too have seen 1k a day on the other board with tons of IMO great advice for cleaners in need of direction. ( which btw 1k a day is totally doable all day everyday in 1 van ) with the right sales skills, customer service and work ethic and efficiency.

Hope this helps anybody who needs it

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I wish I lived 5 mins to the beach, out here we're 3 hours from a nice beach, and I also grew up w/ the ocean as a kid. Have lived on the ocean down South a few different times, I miss those days.

It's not hard to do 6 figures in this business w/ the steps above. Having a good understanding of your online marketing is a major add on to any business's growth.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
never broken the 6 figure mark here either. no complaints, i feel very fortunate.

S

sam miller

Marty said:
Thing is, things are really not any different here that they are over there. Over there, they (led by Rob) attack Jim Martin every time he posts. Nobody helps people like Jim, but they attack him for reasons unknown, but appear to be simply because he posts here.

I have seen the same thing happen here, and so have all of you.

In both places the tone is set by the board bucket head and ego-driven Witness, respectively.

If either of them don't want you around, they will do whatever it takes to make you leave.

Anything ...

So welcome to the cleaning BB's ... enjoy.

I would think if they didnt want You around You couldnt even login?

S

sam miller

Lee Stockwell said:
I'll risk the snarks and be the first to admit I'm personally still in high five figures. I'm sure that is close to the norm. We spun the boys into separate businesses a few years back, and theirs run a bit above mine. As a father I'd rather see them do well than me.

Nice!

Gross and net are 2 different things so to say I'll gross 175k this year doesnt mean I'll make that.

Kipp

Name
kip
rwcarpet said:
I would say that this guy is believeable, given he's in the SoCal market. Everything down there is expensive....cleaning, housing, gas.....food. If I was to experience, everyday, the income I have been making in the last few weeks, I, too, would be at $1k a day. A few questions, though:

1) Seem's like you're offering a whole lot of cleaning options with only yourself working. How did you manage that?
2) SoCal is full of migrant and illegals cleaning carpets for next to nothing. How is it that custys call you, instead of the lower priced guys?

Again.....I could be making that kind of $$$$$ here in cheap Ohio, but I would be killing myself or busy running crews. And I'm old enough to be your Father!

I was wondering why you said I was in the SoCal market, then I got a PM from another memeber asking if I was there or here in Phoenix because my profile said California...I forgot when I set this profile up last year I was planning to relocate to California to start another CC biz because I had to sign a 3 year non compete on my deal...We decided not to sell my wife's clothing store (Urban Xchange) verifiable at urbanxchangeaz.com for all the investigators...anyway I never went back in and changed it. I have it somewhat updated now...I do have a new company name and website coming soon...I am not going to post the name until I get the LLC completed or the website until it is done....

I am just going to optimize it for the next year until my non-compete runs out and then back at it again!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
$1KaDay said:
rwcarpet said:
I would say that this guy is believeable, given he's in the SoCal market. Everything down there is expensive....cleaning, housing, gas.....food. If I was to experience, everyday, the income I have been making in the last few weeks, I, too, would be at $1k a day. A few questions, though:

1) Seem's like you're offering a whole lot of cleaning options with only yourself working. How did you manage that?
2) SoCal is full of migrant and illegals cleaning carpets for next to nothing. How is it that custys call you, instead of the lower priced guys?

Again.....I could be making that kind of $$$$$ here in cheap Ohio, but I would be killing myself or busy running crews. And I'm old enough to be your Father!

I was wondering why you said I was in the SoCal market, then I got a PM from another memeber asking if I was there or here in Phoenix because my profile said California...I forgot when I set this profile up last year I was planning to relocate to California to start another CC biz because I had to sign a 3 year non compete on my deal...We decided not to sell my wife's clothing store (Urban Xchange) verifiable at urbanxchangeaz.com for all the investigators...anyway I never went back in and changed it. I have it somewhat updated now...I do have a new company name and website coming soon...I am not going to post the name until I get the LLC completed or the website until it is done....

I am just going to optimize it for the next year until my non-compete runs out and then back at it again!

How's the clothing store biz going? I saw the pics you posted on the other board, looked top notch!

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
6 pages? I'm gonna have to finish reading this thread later.

Btw, the only thing that makes me happier than $1KaDay is 2KaDay.

Cheers!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Lee Stockwell said:

I'm there too, Lee........I've never broke the 100k mark with just CC. Now add in my screenprint and my GM pension, and that changes thinks a bit.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
you know the most striking thing he said was that most threads were about petty stuff like which pre-spray, what vac is better. My machine is bigger than yours conversations. Versus the important things in business that actually make us money.

Second thing he said that was striking was to let every customer know all the services you offer on every job.

Third was hitting home runs. Hey if a customer wants an expensive service that changes their home, why not sell it to them.

I vote my complete approval for him posting here. Not that many of you care about my vote.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
rwcarpet said:
Lee Stockwell said:

I'm there too, Lee........I've never broke the 100k mark with just CC. Now add in my screenprint and my GM pension, and that changes thinks a bit.

I am confused! Why not? everyone is always posting how they are doing $300-$500 jobs! Allegedly that is all they do. At those rates it only 4-8 jobs a week to break 100K. Even at a $200 job average (normal for most O&O's) thats only 10 jobs a week.

Mikey P

Administrator
everyone is always posting how they are doing $300-$500 jobs!

good lord Cole.

why are you being such a dick about this?

Does EVERYONE say this or just a few?

We have the complete gamut of cleaners here, bait and switch hacks like yourself, guys who do one to two well paying job a day and run the company all by themselves, 2 truckers, 3 truckers 4 truckers, 40 truckers and everything and every way to run a rug sucking operation in between.

and you know it too, so what kind of attention are you looking for?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We can all make millions if the volume of work were there.

Unfortunately we are limited by the market as to how many $500.00-$600.00 jobs we can get a week. Last week we had a large home that was $1,200.00, 3-weeks ago we had a 10,000sq/ft home where we cleaned $1,600.00 of carpet.

However those jobs for us are far and few between, at least residentially anyway. We operate in a very small market so that severely limits the potential to regularly book larger jobs .

It's more common for the crews to do 3-4 $200.00 jobs a day

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Mikey P said:
everyone is always posting how they are doing $300-$500 jobs!
good lord Cole.
Does EVERYONE say this or just a few?
We have the complete gamut of cleaners here, bait and switch hacks like yourself, guys who do one to two well paying job a day and run the company all by themselves, 2 truckers, 3 truckers 4 truckers, 40 truckers and everything and every way to run a rug sucking operation in between.

and you know it too, so what kind of attention are you looking for?

Just following your lead! KMA!

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
good lord Cole.

Horshack.jpg

Ooooh :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: ......I know...I know :!: ......Pick me :!: .....Pick Me..... :!:

Kipp

Name
kip
tmdry said:
$1KaDay said:
rwcarpet said:

How's the clothing store biz going? I saw the pics you posted on the other board, looked top notch!

Second location has been open two weeks and doing well. Thanks

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Seems people don't understand the difference between turnover and salary KMA!

I could be working my butt off turning over $400k but have a financial problem meeting a $50k salary, or I could be only turning over $200k and easily pay a $100k salary while allowing growth revenue etc. I dont care HOW you structure your business, you still need to be paid in one form or another, and that is LOOSELY described as a salary eat yor heart out Werner

If you're going to talk numbers at least all discuss the same thing!!

It started out as a salary, but it quickly went to turnover looking on the face of the posts.

John

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
John Middleton said:
Seems people don't understand the difference between turnover and salary KMA!

I could be working my butt off turning over $400k but have a financial problem meeting a $50k salary, or I could be only turning over $200k and easily pay a $100k salary while allowing growth revenue etc. I dont care HOW you structure your business, you still need to be paid in one form or another, and that is LOOSELY described as a salary eat yor heart out Werner

If you're going to talk numbers at least all discuss the same thing!!

It started out as a salary, but it quickly went to turnover looking on the face of the posts.

John

SFS calls it RTO ( Return To Owner)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom