Welcome to MB Mr Valentine!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

Guys how new are your TM's ?

Oh don't use TM's do you, so why invest in them? :winky:

Y'all need to take a serious look at low moisture for CGD. You'll be amazed at how much better your end product looks compared to using those glorified Rug Doctor's of yours. Really! :headbang:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I do and have done miles of CGD. I extract it FIRST and then bonnet it, not stir the dirt around to even it out. I'd hire you in the blink of an eye to deflood my house, but actually clean my carpet? Nope. You're operating dinosaurs for portys Richard. :biggrin: The machines you have wouldn't even make doorstops.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
All i know is when electrics become the norm... its time to buy a dairy queen franchise, at least i can enjoy my work.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Willy P

Name
Willy P
You may be an expert on restoration Richard, but when it comes to electrically powered machines you don't know your....( I'm gonna help you here:icon_razz:)

assholeintheground_zps4b69ee75.jpg

Willy P

Name
Willy P
After looking at the list of shite sacks you have, the supermarket stuff is WAY more powerful.:lol:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Willy Willy Willy, they is all the same they is. New box same problems, bucket brigade, slow production, polluting the indoor environment.

Portables put you at a competitive disadvantage both production wise and in the appearance of the final product. It takes too damn long to deliver the same result others methods can with ease.

and for your information the hole in the ground doesn't stink...................but using a portable to clean carpet with sure does! :p

Reactions: Shane Deubell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ofer it's William's fault he's just soooo unreasonable. :winky:

Must be the pain meds.........it's painful using a portable and you have to take meds to do so! :p

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I agree.
I find it very therapeutic to blame Billy for many things.
And can you believe what a turn coat Art turned out to be? If word gets to Waldo, "Detroit Best" top ratings will be nothing but a vague memory.

Now, go watch the grass grow out there in the prairies Doc.
It mmay calm you down.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
They don't want to clean with portables, they say they feel like we are ripping people off. Hard for me to defend that statement because I basically feel the same way.
Y'all need to take a serious look at low moisture for CGD. You'll be amazed at how much better your end product looks...

???

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
All i know is when electrics become the norm... its time to buy a dairy queen franchise, at least i can enjoy my work.
Talking about Dairy Queen.
True story- We were traveling in Texas and stopped at a Dairy Queen. My wife asked for some cream in her coffee (not that plastic mix that whitens coffee). The owners said: We don't carry dairy products here.

Considering the name of the business, we thought it was hilarious.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
OK, this is proof that a centrifugal "portable" machine has as much "vacuum" as what others are claiming their Gasoline TM's have above. Oh, btw, this machine is only available through the competition and not from us here. It requires only 8-10 plug in'.s, preferably 230v outlets (must pull out and not upset the dryer in your customers home, and their neighbors next door)

Of course, it is mounted on wheels and therefore is only referred to as a "lowly portable" and not a "ball-busting TM". Therefore, be kind.

Never forget that all portable guys like Willy, myself, and others are "losers" and all Gasoline TM guys and gals are "winners".
I wish Willy would have understood that, darn it. Sorry.

Anyways, wish I would have know that over 40 years ago too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun viewing technology:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OomQKqDKMnY

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Art is a good guy too as is William........they are just so damn stubborn with their porty toys! :p

We're just a few steps ahead of the herd.:biggrin:Take er away Doc. Doesn't matter to me, the money spends the same, I'm profitable, and I do great work, all customers are repeat or referral. I think you need a nice high rise pic to valiumize.:razz: Lemme see what I got for you.......How about a nice nighttime panorama? Wanna guess how much carpet is there......

Enjoy!

Downtown_Vancouver_night_shot_by_tt83x_zpsa8a94150.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I know, I just like to pick on you, sorry!

Everyone needs to use whatever method best serves their clients. We do use all methods, some more than others but work with the client to meet their needs for appearance, speed in drying and of course budget.

"If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

Bernard Baruch

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'm not taking anything personally.:biggrin: I have the greatest respect for you- even when your head is up your ass. :winky:
See? the high rise pics just mellow you right out. Need some more?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have fun goofing with you....even though you're a porty cleaner.

Ummm just don't tell anyone I know you! :p

Need some more?
I have to head home and feed, water & fly spray some horses. It's cruel what flies do to them in this blistering heat. :icon_neutral:

Last edited by a moderator:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I have fun goofing with you....even though you're a porty cleaner.

Ummm just don't tell anyone I know you! :p

I have to head home and feed, water & fly spray some horses. It's cruel what flies do to them in this blistering heat. :icon_neutral:

Keep your head OUT.:winky: I enjoy re- educating you. One day, you'll see.....that I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong. Well I thought I was wrong once, but I was simply mistaken.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I think you need a nice high rise pic to valiumize.:razz: Lemme see what I got for you.......How about a nice nighttime panorama? Wanna guess how much carpet is there......
Enjoy!

Downtown_Vancouver_night_shot_by_tt83x_zpsa8a94150.jpg

Personally I much preferred the pictures Harper used to post.
Much classier!

Is Art sending some pics of Detroit?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
First of all,

I am appalled that Ed Valentine is posting on this board from the years and years I've heard from you Mikey about his equipment, in conjuction to Damon/Rob on the porty board talking about the ice cream box. Even with that case I am one to say I am VERY disatisfied w/ him and his "ice cream boxes" I mean portys, but had to join in the ETM bandwagon as I also told myself I could not afford a REAL GAS TM at the time. The truth is MOST cleaners who "think" they could not afford one is because they are surrounded by OP/LM guys who are "thinking about getting into HWE", but are still mostly all OP-E. They surround themselves w/ these fellow Encap guys (I was one at one point), and think that GAS TM is EVIL and not "earth friendly", and just about every single other CON, never a PRO. Most "ETM" guys who run a PORTY from the truck think they can do as good or better job than a guy running a real tm. Having had "real life" experience, I disagree.

Secondly -

I've had a TON of people call me on the JAGUAR 6.6 PORTY which I owned and sold, and ask if they should purchase them. I tell them flat out - DON'T DO IT! - buy a real GAS TM, and save the headaches w/ LEAKS, APO CLOGS, and "unlike" what the "porty" boards gods mention, the customer service is SUBPAR. Keep in mind, if you ever have a problem with your NEW porty, you will either have to fix it yourself according to the manufacturer or pay for shipping back to them (costs roughly $200 packaged/shipped UPS TO HIS DOORSTEP), than have them say "it's fixed", when you get it back and drive to the nearest freight company "2 hours in my area", because the manufacturer cannot have it shipped to your house!? ...the machine STILL LEAKS. When you call him back, he says "THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!" - Talk about waist of time and all the work lost because of it.

Save your money and buy a REAL GAS TM, if you need a porty for certain jobs, buy one that does not leak or clog. You'll be better off using an OP or Cimex anyways.

Here's some great advice for the guy that prides himself in "customer service", how about STOP writing blogs on message boards, and put a little more thought into the design to prevent CLOGS & LEAKS before you sell them to the public.

Perhaps since it's only 2014, update the ice cream 1970's look to be a bit more PROFESSIONAL, so when a PRO takes it in to his local supplier they don't laugh at him or say "I never heard of them". Look at most GAS TM's sold by the larger companies to get some ideas, just a thought. No reply needed.

If this post gets deleted, than I will know that this is no longer a public board where real users can share real experiences, and like Jimmy said, it's all $$$.

This is a real word review on Ed Valentine's - Cross American customer service and product. Take it for what it's worth.

F

FB7777

Hey Bill,

You've always been a straight shooter in my book. So has Mikey

This post will not get deleted , the spirit of the post was the genesis of this board

Real world experience, especially the cautionary type can help cleaners honestly evaluate the purchase decisions

Mikey P

Administrator
Bill
We have advertisers that pay a good sum a month to be here.

I don't edit negative comments on their behalf so why would I do so for Ed who does not advertise here?

Any chance this is a hot topic on the Xanax board this week?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Why wouldn't ed post here? or anyone else for that matter....
Its a message board!

We all have our ideas trashed at one point or another, no big deal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom