well, how about it O'Halek..

harryhides

Name
Tony
You get a patch and can use the logo in your advertising as long as you maintain your membership.

You can also mock non certified hacks to your customer base.

There is a little more than that now, Sam but still not enough.
Certified Firms now also get a free copy of the IICRC Technical Journal and recently some free webinars.

Mikey P

Administrator
Seriously Tony,

and Bryan..

What do you want/hope/need to accomplish in your terms to make your efforts all worthwhile?

Give us the bare minimum to look forward to one year down the road, please.

harryhides

Name
Tony
When they see the benefits and the multiples. 3000 cleaners (that's a very low end estimate) have access to and earned the trust of say 2000 (that's a low end estimate) clients. You do the math.
And guess what Toni, it works both ways. We can recommend them and we can un-recommend them. I did with Shaw when they were trying to take away carpet cleaners business (remember those days?). I personally persuaded quite a few clients not to buy Shaw's products. Don't under estimate the power of numbers Toni. Corporate America digs it.

And if they are not willing to, make them give you the time of day! Isn't it part of your job?

:icon_redface:
Who's the damsel?
And is she in distress, Toni?
Those are the circumstances where I shine the mostest.

I can do the math Ofer but the Mills also know that no matter whether your company promotes one Mill over the other, there are really only 3 or 4 Mills to choose from and none of them see our views ( even if we all had the same view )as changing things much for them. A few years ago there was a major push to punish one gas Company in an attempt to get them to lower their price - total flop.

There's only one famous Nancy in San Fran and she's not in distress.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I don't need cavities filled Harold, I need your worthless group to finally matter.

Make me excited about one thing, just one and I'll lay off the vacation jokes.
Until then, it's all I've seen with wide open eyes.

You've become Anthony Bourdain on the broke dick's dime.

Bourdain, LOL.
Mikey, the problem is that you simply have no idea what you don't know.
Frankly, there was a lot that I did not know when I first became a Director.
This is a very complex entity spread across 4 continents, 26 different Courses and numerous Standards with literally hundreds of pages of Policies and procedures.
Before I got involved, I doubt if you were even aware that there was such a thing as an International VP that was required to visit our overseas offices.
As Bryan stated, I have saved many tens of thousands of IICRC dollars and spent far less than any of my predecessors - money that can now put to better use elsewhere.
Our web-site that used to get 6,000 hits per month now gets 50,000. Used to rate one word on Google top ten, now rates industry related 243 words.
Baby steps but progress nonetheless.
It takes a long time to turn a ship around.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
There's only one famous Nancy in San Fran and she's not in distress.

Silly me Toni. How did I miss that one?
Love Nancy P. she got balls.

P.S. Though we're giving you a hard time, do remember that most of us here are in your corner . I certainly am.

Just want to push this organization in the right direction so that it becomes both relevant and effective.
As you well know (as I am sure that you are a student of history) organizations some time lose direction where the survival of the organization become more important than achieving its goals and purpose of existence.

Maybe a first step in understanding both the IICRC and the IICRCA, will be to hear what you and Bryan consider to be their goal and purpose.
Let's see if we are even in agreement regarding that purpose, before we proceed as to means of achieving it, forming the purposes and getting feedback from the members and potential members, as to what they see as serving them best.

Me and, not so in distress, Nance are eagerly awaiting your kind responses.

2nd, P.S. Here's the new battle cry: Lets make the IICRC (&IICRCA) relevant again.

Last edited:

harryhides

Name
Tony
Seriously Tony,

and Bryan..

What do you want/hope/need to accomplish in your terms to make your efforts all worthwhile?

Give us the bare minimum to look forward to one year down the road, please.

Some of things that I used to complain about have now been taken care of -
With our 2 yr old By-Laws we have term-limits and no paid position can be awarded without going through an RFP process.
Virtually all recent hires have been "certified" in their field.

Some other items on my list are likely similar to those of many here.

Much more hands on training.
Faster results of how you did on a test.
On-line training which would permit much more hands on training.
More intermediate and advanced training Courses.
Third party credentialing which would open the door to government funding for our Courses.
A single, very large Trade Show run by professional and neutral Trade Show managers that covers many of needs and interests of our related industries - rug cleaners, Inspectors, Cleaners, Restorers, hard surface folks, facility managers, house cleaners and IAQA folks, contents cleaners, Duct cleaners and so on.

Mikey P

Administrator
I doubt if you were even aware that there was such a thing as an International VP that was required to visit our overseas offices.

Undoubtedly a position created by the last corrupt BOD to get free exotic vacation to visit bogus offices. This circus can't even entertain here in the states. I know you wont do it Mr International Man Of Mystery, but I would shut down and take the "I" out of the picture. Focus on home, let those savages come up with their own education and guidelines. Quit following our country's MO of sticking our nose into other's business.
As Bryan stated, I have saved many tens of thousands of IICRC dollars and spent far less than any of my predecessors - money that can now put to better use elsewhere.

Meaning you sat in the back of the plane, stayed at the Motel 6 and only order one desert? I'm not even sure if Canada should be our concern. I think you should have to ride your bicycle to the Portland ICRC office from now on.

Our web-site that used to get 6,000 hits per month now gets 50,000.

Sounds like you hired Tre to come up with those numbers. Can you provide a screen shot of that improvement? Who takes credit for that gain, and what do homeowners actually do on the site? IMO you need to friendly up and uncluster f' the page for consumers. Dumb it down a little , it's not a welcoming site from a homeowner's perspective, it feels like I'm lurking on some boring technical journal.
THIS is the most important page, make it easier to find.

A single, very large Trade Show run by professional and neutral Trade Show managers that covers many of needs and interests of our related industries - rug cleaners, Inspectors, Cleaners, Restorers, hard surface folks, facility managers, house cleaners and IAQA folks, contents cleaners, Duct cleaners and so on.

Next summer?

Reactions: GCCLee

hogjowl

Idiot™
Is the IICRC, or whatever it's called this week, a threat to the relevance of this bulletin board? Or, is this hostility born from some other self-serving instinct?

This fascination you have with Rob and Tre ... does it keep you up at night?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Bourdain, LOL.
Mikey, the problem is that you simply have no idea what you don't know.
Frankly, there was a lot that I did not know when I first became a Director.
This is a very complex entity spread across 4 continents, 26 different Courses and numerous Standards with literally hundreds of pages of Policies and procedures.

That's part of the problem, nobody really understands what the iicrc is.
Can you start a thread and explain it in plain speak, what is the difference between the iicrc and iicrca and why? I bet 4 people in the country know...

Just looking casually it looks like a trainwreck of politics, an association owned by 15 associations that each have a separate board of directors?
My God how is any work ever done.

Again i don't know, just asking questions that i bet most cleaners are wondering.

Reactions: Mikey P

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i guess what he means is don put two lbs of bullsh*t
in a 10 lb bag.....
and expect everyone to be warm an' fuzzie.........

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Good Point!

Why would I want to pay benefits to a Foreign Entity!

Fook that! We about to whip obamas azz over it : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
At this point we have our first board of directors that isn't on loan from the IICRC, and have no committees or task groups. If we do the foundation work correctly we avoid the ready, fire, aim strategy that wastes time and money, but may not have much to show for it. I can't make any promises about where the organization will be in a year.

I would agree though, that a certain amount of shiny stuff needs to happen so that people outside the boardroom know there's life on planet IICRCA. The one thing I think we'll all agree on is that, in whatever form it begins, the conference and trade show is the top priority for the association. If we do it right it can be the biggest benefit for both individual members and the member associations.

harryhides

Name
Tony
That's part of the problem, nobody really understands what the iicrc is.
Can you start a thread and explain it in plain speak, what is the difference between the iicrc and iicrca and why? I bet 4 people in the country know...

Just looking casually it looks like a trainwreck of politics, an association owned by 15 associations that each have a separate board of directors?
My God how is any work ever done.

Again i don't know, just asking questions that i bet most cleaners are wondering.

Shane those are fair questions and I will try to answer them for you.
The primary purpose of the IICRC is to create Standards for our industry based upon current science and then to create training Courses based upon those Standards and NOTHING ELSE.
30 yrs ago only in-plant rug cleaning existed - hot water extraction barely existed, restoration and Inspection did not exist and virtually no science on the various methods of cleaning existed.

The IICRCA or Council of Associations is first and foremost an Association whose sole purpose to provide member benefits - things like a Trade Show, a Newsletter and educational courses on how to run a cleaning or restoration business - ie business management, HR solutions, discounts on equipment and equip maintenance, marketing solutions and NETWORKING. Of course, all of this takes a little money which means that once enough people join as members we can get started on some of these things.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Silly me Toni. How did I miss that one?
Love Nancy P. she got balls.

P.S. Though we're giving you a hard time, do remember that most of us here are in your corner . I certainly am.

Just want to push this organization in the right direction so that it becomes both relevant and effective.
As you well know (as I am sure that you are a student of history) organizations some time lose direction where the survival of the organization become more important than achieving its goals and purpose of existence.

Maybe a first step in understanding both the IICRC and the IICRCA, will be to hear what you and Bryan consider to be their goal and purpose.
Let's see if we are even in agreement regarding that purpose, before we proceed as to means of achieving it, forming the purposes and getting feedback from the members and potential members, as to what they see as serving them best.

Me and, not so in distress, Nance are eagerly awaiting your kind responses.

2nd, P.S. Here's the new battle cry: Lets make the IICRC (&IICRCA) relevant again.

You make a whole lot of sense Ofer, far more than Nancy who as I recall said " lets pass this 2,000 page document first and then later on we can all read it".
Right now, I'm still reading and working on those things can are doable and important.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Undoubtedly a position created by the last corrupt BOD to get free exotic vacation to visit bogus offices. This circus can't even entertain here in the states. I know you wont do it Mr International Man Of Mystery, but I would shut down and take the "I" out of the picture. Focus on home, let those savages come up with their own education and guidelines. Quit following our country's MO of sticking our nose into other's business.

Meaning you sat in the back of the plane, stayed at the Motel 6 and only order one desert? I'm not even sure if Canada should be our concern. I think you should have to ride your bicycle to the Portland ICRC office from now on.

Sounds like you hired Tre to come up with those numbers. Can you provide a screen shot of that improvement? Who takes credit for that gain, and what do homeowners actually do on the site? IMO you need to friendly up and uncluster f' the page for consumers. Dumb it down a little , it's not a welcoming site from a homeowner's perspective, it feels like I'm lurking on some boring technical journal.
THIS is the most important page, make it easier to find.

Next summer?

Mikey, you are quite right about the web-site and yes it still needs work but its a big improvement over what it used to be.
As for those "savages" from outside of the US, perhaps you should consider who created this marvel that you have been so quick to slam.
Besides where will you get your entertainers or your electricity for your vegan, Eco autos or your water ?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Shane those are fair questions and I will try to answer them for you.
The primary purpose of the IICRC is to create Standards for our industry based upon current science and then to create training Courses based upon those Standards and NOTHING ELSE.
30 yrs ago only in-plant rug cleaning existed - hot water extraction barely existed, restoration and Inspection did not exist and virtually no science on the various methods of cleaning existed.

The IICRCA or Council of Associations is first and foremost an Association whose sole purpose to provide member benefits - things like a Trade Show, a Newsletter and educational courses on how to run a cleaning or restoration business - ie business management, HR solutions, discounts on equipment and equip maintenance, marketing solutions and NETWORKING. Of course, all of this takes a little money which means that once enough people join as members we can get started on some of these things.

Well i wish you luck and hope you succeed but don't understand why it was necessary to throw another bureaucracy on the pile. From the outside looking in it looks like a mess of associations, officers and consultants.
Everyone protecting their little piece of the pie I'm sure.

What i do know in bureaucracies less = more and consultants... Well they always provide solutions where you need more consultants!

Good luck either way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom