Well Im not proud

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Let's see we OPE a lot of commercial carpets, ones that respond better to OPE than to HWE, that clean up very well, stay clean longer and the carpets last longer, so how in the heck did he rip some one off? If we are making them LOOK better, stay clean longer and LAST longer, then maybe YOU are ripping YOUR customers off.

Maybe YOU drank the kool-aid and are blind to any other way of doing quality work!

I wouldn't get so upset John
I think what Art was saying is that if he hired the biggest baddest HWE machine that he wanted them cleaned with one.

The owner may have told ron "get my carpets cleaned" or Ron probably said "it may look better if I tried this on these areas". I doubt Ron pretended to Vortex it, that wouldn't even make sense.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
You got it, Greg. If you are going to encap a carpet it's essential that you let the customer know that, as they (their maintenance crew) become part of the final cleaning process. If they think their carpets are getting thoroughly flushed out as in Ron's case with a 24 flow super powered Vortex and in reality all the soil is still in there waiting to be vacuumed out over time by them, it's not fair. You shouldn't be charging for work you didn't do.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Art Kelley said:
If they think their carpets are getting thoroughly flushed out as in Ron's case with a 24 flow super powered Vortex and in reality all the soil is still in there waiting to be vacuumed out over time by them, it's not fair.

that's the the fly in the ointment of stressing equipment as a major factor in marketing, rather than experience and making happy shinny carpets as the factors to stress.

boast up a machine/method, flow, yada yada yada, then bring in a $600 rotary and hand full of bonnets and make it "look" better than a $90K machine

..L.T.A.

Name
Ron lippold
its just another tool in the tool box, yes the carpets were flushed and looked a hell of alot better, I had time and help so instead of saying thats all you get I went a step further and finished it off.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
sell clean carpet.

wish all CC'ers in my area felt Art's way...sadly for me they dont :?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom