What a way to start the week..

Able 1

Name
Keith
So I pick up this 500 unit account and get a call this morning. "Did you clean the carpet at unit # bla bla??" I said yes "I cleaned the whole list last Tuesday" she says "well there are spots all over" I say "I'll be down within the hour" and hung up.. So I get there (15 miles both ways :x )and the place looked great! I called her to come and point out the areas of concern, and she came over. I said to her "what areas are you talking about?" She said "looks good to me, I will have to stop listening to the maintenance guys" I just walked out... :evil: Sorry, I had to vent!!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Keith I'd be bothered too but i wouldn't have let her see it.

In fact I'd call her applogize, let her know you took it too personal but you do so because you care about the quality of work you do. Let her know to call you anything there is a problem and you'll be gald to handle it.

In this economy I wouldn't kick someone in the teeth that is in charge of giving me 500-units to clean.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Able 1 said:
So I pick up this 500 unit account and get a call this morning. "Did you clean the carpet at unit # bla bla??" I said yes "I cleaned the whole list last Tuesday" she says "well there are spots all over" I say "I'll be down within the hour" and hung up.. So I get there (15 miles both ways :x )and the place looked great! I called her to come and point out the areas of concern, and she came over. I said to her "what areas are you talking about?" She said "looks good to me, I will have to stop listening to the maintenance guys" I just walked out... :evil: Sorry, I had to vent!!!
I find that sometimes the maintenance staff has their own agenda and can be territorial when it comes to the new guy. It is also possible that the last cleaner stroked his/her ego in a good way, LOL and they were comfortable with each other LOL.(now you took that away you bad guy LOL) I always let the decision maker that no matter what to let me know if their are any problems no matter how small and even if they think their might be a problem to just let me know.
The maintenance staff will come around once they feel comfortable with you and realize that you have their best interest at heart and they cannot pick you apart.
Your decision maker knows now that his criticisms about you should be suspect.
That little 15mile BS trip you just made is in my opinion a great way to establish yourself with a new client.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
It's always good to drop a couple pizzas or a couple dozen donuts off once in awhile.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I run into this very same thing EVERYFREAKINYEAR when I clean this one particular school. They have two maintenance people in there during the summer and one is a woman (with Mikeys personality and two teefes) who must have somebody in her family that she wants to clean the carpets. Cuz she comes up with something every year. You'd THINK after about ten years of this she'd figure out that it ain't working.

But, she's not just fat and ugly. She's also dumb as a rock.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Marty said:
I run into this very same thing EVERYFREAKINYEAR when I clean this one particular school. They have two maintenance people in there during the summer and one is a woman (with Mikeys personality and two teefes) who must have somebody in her family that she wants to clean the carpets. Cuz she comes up with something every year. You'd THINK after about ten years of this she'd figure out that it ain't working.

That's dumb as a post

John Watson

Thought they was special ordered tobe likes dat,, I heard those there Bama boys don't wonts no female types of Lady girl to best them in any ways.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
How many a month do you think they will end up doing on avg.?

500 unit account, that's a lot of work over time. Bet you got yourself a real nice steak dinner the night you found out! Nice job!

I do agree with Richard, she shouldn't have to deal with it. I bring a camera on ever job, anytime billing for a job we have photos. You could have emailed them to her. Never have the issue again, take photos.

The camera also helps if someone has a stain_or issue) that you think ain't coming out. Me, "Miss Plifton do you mind if I take a photo of that? I'd really like a photo if it does come out".

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
is it a loop pile carpet??

i got a call back some years ago.
That was the first call back we ever had for that property and we had been cleaning carpets there regularly for several years (268 unit complex with fairly high turnover rate )
Nothing was different....same maintenance staff and manager (which i had and still have a great biz relationship with) same blue olie loop pile that's in all of them ...nothing different or out of the ordinary

but I got the call....

"hey Larry, can you re-do apt XYZ?
There are dark spots thru out the place"

"Sure Harvey, I'll be over tomorrow .
sorry for the inconvenience, but I'll get it squared away "

i hung up wondering WTF someone did in the place after we left.
Cause i was personally on that job and it cleaned up well

I got there the next day and couldn't see a thing wrong . :shock:
Not a thing .....the carpet looked great.
I locked the door and left .

the only thing i could figure out was Harvey went in a few hours after we left before it was completely dry.
Some spots must of still been damp ...(appearing darker) compared to the dry areas??

..who knows?
But i was happy we didn't do anything wrong and Harvey was happy we "fixed" it

..l.T.A.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
rattle can red said:
Keith I'd be bothered too but i wouldn't have let her see it.

Yep!

I would have said perhaps it's another unit maintenance guys where talking about you want to check maybe i can clean it while i'm here?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Marty said:

After 10 years she is still like this? Is it possible that she maybe has a thing for you and you are not paying enough attention to her.LOL

Able 1

Name
Keith
Ruff Hewn said:
is it a loop pile carpet??

I really don't know how to describe the "pile" it is that real low brown stuff... :oops: :lol:

Some spots must of still been damp ...(appearing darker) compared to the dry areas??

I think that might have been what happend in this case.. I am glad I called her out to look at it though, or else she might get the idea it takes 2 times to do it right. Kind of like when a custy asks you to hit a traffic area again then while watching they say "Oh, that's much better" :twisted: when it didn't change at all :x

Able 1

Name
Keith
jcooper said:
How many a month do you think they will end up doing on avg.?
I'm just guessing here but between 10-20.

500 unit account, that's a lot of work over time. Yeah, it will be!

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Caduceus said:
Better than getting a call back for a shadow.. :roll:
Lee Stockwell said:
When you take pix you will often find that the spots that "came back"...came back in a different place, a month later.

Two posts of the freaking year.

When dealing with this stuff you know you have been cleaning carpets to long.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I did kind of feel bad, but I think I kept most of what I was feeling to myself..

I clean for this guy's 2 brothers, his mom, ex-wife of one of the brothers(1/2 of his old properties :lol: ), and three of his friends. I met him at one of his brothers pig roast, but he seemed happy with who he had... Some of these are not in the best of areas, but most are in areas that aren't too bad. I told him they are all to be cleaned out and vacuumed before I get there(so far so good!). The cool thing is I'm charging MORE then the last guy that cleaned for him for more then 10 years. !gotcha!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Mardie said:
Marty said:

After 10 years she is still like this? Is it possible that she maybe has a thing for you and you are not paying enough attention to her.LOL

I don't even want to think about that possibility.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom