What blower is really needed for single wand cleaning at 100'-150'?

FredC

Village Idiot
What blower is on the 570? I looked it up online and it said HF408. How would that compare to my 47 blower?
47_urai_vacuum_performance_curve.jpghf408.jpg

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
The kawasaki is check/adjust if needed at 300 hours

not sure why a dealer would be wary of the kawi..............tons of mowers use the exact same engine. I wouldn't think twice about buying one
The dealer I spoke with didn’t have any specific problems other than he didn’t like the extra maintenance with the valves and he didn’t like the newness.

Could be just adverse to change. He loves the kubota motor.

I do like how it’s fuel injected.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
The Peak spins the 46 blower at 3000 rpm, so same exact vacuum performance as the 370 I guess.

So, for an extra $1,500 you get more heat from the bigger motor. Looks like it doesn’t use much gas.

Seems like they built it for California emission requirements. Maybe they made it fire proof too.

We don’t care about burning too much fossil fuel in God’s country. We snort fossil fuels off hookers asses.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Because I hate the whole heat bypass, solenoid stuff that uses up perfectly good water. Plus, the hot water bypasses from two different places, so fixing it seems like a nightmare.

How many hours on your 318?
and did you buy it new or used?

I wouldn't be cutting up a properly working TM due to bridges you "might" have to cross a 1000-2000 hours down the road.

Have you ever run a fuel burner ?
I've had TM's with kero and propane
Propane burners are more simple, reliable and cleaner ...but a bigger PITA fueling and windy days blows the pilot light out.
Kero burners need 110vt electric source , are more complicated, less reliable, dirtier , but hotter and much easier to find K1 fuel at gas stations ..don't RUN DIESEL...you'll stink up the van and the burner will be more reliable with K1
(I presume all the Sheets stations in Dayton area have k1 , like up here )

if was to get back in the biz beyond the 20-30 portyhack jobs I do a year...I'd go HX'er fo-sho

lastly, don't know what solution hose you're running, but you'll get more heat to the wand with Parker thermoplastic than steelbraid Ineptune

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
The smaller foot print of the 370 is more appealing than the greater heat of the Peak, to me

I can hook up to a hot water source the few times a year I need to melt grease.

Reactions: Meter Maid

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
How many hours on your 318?
and did you buy it new or used?

I wouldn't be cutting up a properly working TM due to bridges you "might" have to cross a 1000-2000 hours down the road.

Have you ever run a fuel burner ?
I've had TM's with kero and propane
Propane burners are more simple, reliable and cleaner ...but a bigger PITA fueling and windy days blows the pilot light out.
Kero burners need 110vt electric source , are more complicated, less reliable, dirtier , but hotter and much easier to find K1 fuel at gas stations ..don't RUN DIESEL...you'll stink up the van and the burner will be more reliable with K1
(I presume all the Sheets stations in Dayton area have k1 , like up here )

if was to get back in the biz beyond the 20-30 portyhack jobs I do a year...I'd go HX'er fo-sho

lastly, don't know what solution hose you're running, but you'll get more heat to the wand with Parker thermoplastic than steelbraid Ineptune

..L.T.A.
You’re right. The machine is practically new and I need to stop this little TM syndrome thing.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
The smaller foot print of the 370 is more appealing than the greater heat of the Peak, to me

Probably not that big of a difference in heat if you work the little HX properly. I learned how to do that from one of your videos. I clean then let the HX catch up.

Reactions: Mikey P

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

I have an adams apple

1572798920102.png

and cant sit crossed legged any more without great pain...

..L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Hahahahaha no way
I do it all the time, because that the biggest blower I have. I'm not saying it's going to perform the same as it does at 150 feet but it's still better than a portable. Add some extra dry strokes and your good to go. I have job coming up on the 12th that will be 300-350 ft. All commercial carpet. Main building is 200 feet or less, the extended stairwells are over 300 feet away. I'll use a 45 blower like I have done for the past 15 years in this building.

Reactions: SamIam

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I do it all the time, because that the biggest blower I have. I'm not saying it's going to perform the same as it does at 150 feet but it's still better than a portable. Add some extra dry strokes and your good to go. I have job coming up on the 12th that will be 300-350 ft. All commercial carpet. Main building is 200 feet or less, the extended stairwells are over 300 feet away. I'll use a 45 blower like I have done for the past 15 years in this building.
You don’t do any low-moisture work on commercial jobs?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You don’t do any low-moisture work on commercial jobs?
I do, I have a couple of cimexes and a sprayborg but these jobs are a combination of hallways and stairs. A ton of stairs. I really don't want to try to scrub them with some type of buffer. On my job on the 12th, I will be going back the next day to do 2 hallways with the cimex that I can't reach with the truck.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Your trying to create vacuum or remove the atmospheric pressure, the bigger the blower the more effective it is at creating true vacuum, not just air movement

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ee-yeah-butt....

fizzicks dictates you can only move so much air thru a straw (the hose and wand) at any given length and HG
On "normal" hose runs , the bigger blowers are over capacity

side note...the 45 vs 47-8 blower debate is similar to the "small block vs big block" engine builder debate

Small block says he'll beat you with RPM's
Big block says he'll beat you with you lower end torque

they're both right....

..L.T.A.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Your trying to create vacuum or remove the atmospheric pressure, the bigger the blower the more effective it is at creating true vacuum, not just air movement
:headscratch: So high flowing wands that allow more air movement are pointless?

a true vacuum is just that, zero movement and completely useless to a carpet cleaner

rick imby

Name
Rick
ee-yeah-butt....

fizzicks dictates you can only move so much air thru a straw (the hose and wand) at any given length and HG
On "normal" hose runs , the bigger blowers are over capacity

side note...the 45 vs 47-8 blower debate is similar to the "small block vs big block" engine builder debate

Small block says he'll beat you with RPM's
Big block says he'll beat you with you lower end torque

they're both right....

..L.T.A.

Small block or big block as you double the speed you quadruple the wind resistance. So you have 4 times the resistance at 100mph you had at 50 mph.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan

they put too small a blower in the 500 for the engine, and if they'd put in the 1 they should have they would have been competing against themselves and the 570..

can't be your own competitor it seems, they should have dropped the 570 to get similar performance and more economy..

which is what makes the titan 575 more appealing

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
:headscratch: So high flowing wands that allow more air movement are pointless?

a true vacuum is just that, zero movement and completely useless to a carpet cleaner
You dont understand what I am saying, and that is okay

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Any rocket scientists here?
how much air can be moved thru 100ft of 2" hose @ 15hg lift?

You dont understand what I am saying, and that is okay

I think I do, Tom ...and I'm pretty sure Dan does too

but maybe you don't understand what I'm saying ?
the limiting factor isn't the blower on most TMs .
the limiting factor is the volume of air that can be physically be pulled thru a hose and wand slot

a stoopit example of that?
a 68 blower @15hg can't move more volume thru an upl tool than a #2 blower @ 15 hg
because.....the 1" opening (4" x 1/4" slot) is the limiting factor

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
To answer any and all debates on here:

When the 150' of vacuum hose has a heavy load of water in it from pulling the wand slow at a section 8 slum, a bigger blower setup is going to pull that water to the waste tank faster than it would a 36 blower.

All the different debating comments above seem like you're comparing the suction of just pulling air, which makes both sides correct on this matter

A bigger blower is going to contribute to more, reliable heat, and your carpet is going to have a better dry time.

Once again @FDA , quit being cheap and go trade that 318 in for a 575 or 570. I'll be really surprised to see you purchase a 870. I've used almost all the levels of the truckmounts from the 36 up to my everest. I think the only one I haven't used is the 59, which I think, is a little bigger than my everest. And there's a reason I'll ever size back down to a 36 unless it's using it as a backup or 2 bedroom apartments only.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
To answer any and all debates on here:

When the 150' of vacuum hose has a heavy load of water in it from pulling the wand slow at a section 8 slum, a bigger blower setup is going to pull that water to the waste tank faster than it would a 36 blower.

All the different debating comments above seem like you're comparing the suction of just pulling air, which makes both sides correct on this matter

A bigger blower is going to contribute to more, reliable heat, and your carpet is going to have a better dry time.

Once again @FDA , quit being cheap and go trade that 318 in for a 575 or 570. I'll be really surprised to see you purchase a 870. I've used almost all the levels of the truckmounts from the 36 up to my everest. I think the only one I haven't used is the 59, which I think, is a little bigger than my everest. And there's a reason I'll ever size back down to a 36 unless it's using it as a backup or 2 bedroom apartments only.
This all sounds great on paper, but I’d like to do an actual misfire test to finally put this thing to bed.

At 100’, use a 36 blower and a 47 and do the same exact movement in the same exact carpet in the same exact amount of time. See if the 47 leaves the carpet drier at only 100’.

While we are at it, hook up a T-Rex Jr and note the difference.

There’s a tech at a semi-local distributor I have talked with a few times - he’s been working with TM’s for year and also sells them, so you’d think he’d want to up-sell me. He said “they’re all the same at 150’ except for heat.”

He also went on to say:

Do you agitate? I said yes. He said 180 degrees is fine then, which is what a small machine get
Do you ever pull 200’ or more of hose? I said never. He told me to get a smaller machine and use the savings on good tools that will make my life easier.

I’m not saying he’s absolutely right, but if anyone would’ve wanted me to buy a bigger TM you’d think it would’ve been him.

We’ll see what my new T-Rex Jr does with my little blower. I talked with a guy who get 2 hour dry times with it and a Rage.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
This all sounds great on paper, but I’d like to do an actual misfire test to finally put this thing to bed.

At 100’, use a 36 blower and a 47 and do the same exact movement in the same exact carpet in the same exact amount of time. See if the 47 leaves the carpet drier at only 100’.

While we are at it, hook up a T-Rex Jr and note the difference.

There’s a tech at a semi-local distributor I have talked with a few times - he’s been working with TM’s for year and also sells them, so you’d think he’d want to up-sell me. He said “they’re all the same at 150’ except for heat.”

He also went on to say:

Do you agitate? I said yes. He said 180 degrees is fine then, which is what a small machine get
Do you ever pull 200’ or more of hose? I said never. He told me to get a smaller machine and use the savings on good tools that will make my life easier.

I’m not saying he’s absolutely right, but if anyone would’ve wanted me to buy a bigger TM you’d think it would’ve been him.

We’ll see what my new T-Rex Jr does with my little blower. I talked with a guy who get 2 hour dry times with it and a Rage.
I think you should be more concerned with job efficiency over dry time. With a bigger setup, you can move that wand faster than a setup like your 318

thats why I made the comment about the water going to the waste tank faster

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom