What blower is really needed for single wand cleaning at 100'-150'?

Name
Jeff T
It’s rare that I have a hose run shorter than 100’.
I’m going to do a home on the 20th, the hose run is 300’.
It will take me most of the day.
If I had a machine that couldn’t do it, obviously I can’t do the job...
You are pigeon toeing yourself into smaller jobs....
Do you avoid all jobs now with more than 100-150’?
If so why?
Better quality, and faster with a bigger machine...
Be able to take on larger jobs....
Do you want to be a small fish, in a small pond?
Or, do you want to be a shark in the ocean?????

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
It’s rare that I have a hose run shorter than 100’.
I’m going to do a home on the 20th, the hose run is 300’.
It will take me most of the day.
If I had a machine that couldn’t do it, obviously I can’t do the job...
You are pigeon toeing yourself into smaller jobs....
Do you avoid all jobs now with more than 100-150’?
If so why?
Better quality, and faster with a bigger machine...
Be able to take on larger jobs....
Do you want to be a small fish, in a small pond?
I don’t avoid them at all, it just never comes up. I have 200’ of hose and just never get a job where I need it.
If I start getting mansions, you’re right, I’d probably be screwed.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
You guys are not loosing lift. Think of it this way,
Your waste tank is a black hole in space, and when engine is off it is nothing but a waste tank.
Both inside and outside pressure is equal. When you start your TM only then is it creating negative pressure, so you say I lost 5 hg... no you actually gained 5"hg of negative pressure....the more you can increase the vacuum the more the outside atmospheric pressure will want to FILL that void.
So through the controlled vacuum leak....The WAND SLOT the outside pressure wants to enter.
So a larger blower makes this happen because they actually have the ability to max out the vacuum hoses volume of are flow.
They might not be as good with two hose runs but when you run them that way in dual wand setups, they are dropping back down in performance of a 36 45 blower on each hose run, which is still plenty of performance

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
..... Do you want to be a small fish, in a small pond?
1573056329111.png

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I don’t avoid them at all, it just never comes up. I have 200’ of hose and just never get a job where I need it.
If I start getting mansions, you’re right, I’d probably be screwed.
When i use Mikey's 370 that one time with 200 feet hose run, the suction was more than enough. 370 is a perfect machine for all your 100'-150' run and commercial work.

Reactions: Meter Maid

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I think I've run 200ft twice this year and 250ft once in 5yrs? And no I'm not turning down work further out (I've run a porty twice this year too)

In my locale I could only run further than 200 in resthomes and running hoses any distance is too much liability there

I do 3-4 floods a month where I could see the benefits of a bigger blower.
But the 2 preferred insurance company providers run mostly 33's and portys, presumably because they get paid by the hr and running a more expensive machine for shorter times doesn't make $ense

steve_64

Well I'm pulling the small block from the ram and putting a big block in it. The sb gets you there cheaper but the BB will get there faster and it's a lot more fun.

Name
Todd
That’s what bothers me. At 100’-150’ there’s virtually no difference in vacuum with all the different blowers (except a 33). The difference is heat production. So I can cut the HX out of my 318, install a muffler instead, which might make my little 18hp run better, and add a fuel fired heater. At short hose runs, my little machine could clean as good, if not better (with the extra heat from a diesel heater), than one of those 27k machines that use their biggest motors to simply produce more heat.

I had a 2010 Blazer GT with 36 Blower. Now I have a 370. The 370 definitely has better, faster CFM with the 406 Tri-Flow blower. Try them at 50 ft of 2.5 inch. You'll feel a big difference. The 370 hits hard at 50' of 2.5, it's insane !! but it will drop the further out you go

Over all the 406 is about 20% more power over the 36

Name
Todd
The new PEAK 500 is suppose to spin the blower at 4000 rpm vs the 370 at 3450 rpm.

570 has a different blower it's the heli-flow 408. It just gobbles up the water with out bogging down

Josh Almanza

Name
Josh Almanza
If I move up, I moving up big. Like Matt said, there’s not much difference between a 36 and 45.

I’d really like a 570... because it’s sexy. But... I almost never go over 150 feet. If I need to, it’s VLM time.

My machine does great for what I use it for, it’s not sexy though.
“It’s VLM time” lol!

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
My two previous #3 blowers never pulled as hard as this #4 on my 570
150 feet.

Reactions: DAT

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom