what do you repair guys think of this new tool?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
not impressed.........right at the one min mark you can see the carpet buckling where the back of it grabs the carpet..........
its not fully stretching the carpet...just the 3 feet around the edge.........I cleaned a floor last week that the installers just knee kicked the whole house when they installed it.....edges were all buckled up and you could lift the center a good six inches....

installers are already cutting corners and doing crappy jobs....and we all know when it comes to carpet how important a good install is....this will just be another tool to help the skim along and not do there job the way it should be.........

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Took the words from my pie hole Jim.

You are not going to get enough stretch in the 3 ft between the front and back of that tool to pull long runs properly. Even if you are pulling from all 4 directions.

With that said - maybe a better tool for our application, needing to pull a few directions quickly to get some ripples out.

But I'm doubting it's replacing power stretchers.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I wonder if it would work on wrinkles like this:
te6avema.jpg

Sent from my motorola flip phone using Crapatalk 1.1

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
If you listen to the narrator he says that bunching at the feet is caused by the carpet being pulled through the center. I find it hard to believe it gives a good stretch but if it does better than a knee kicker then most carpet will be stretched better than it is now. I see tons of crappy installs and I can't believe manufacturers and retailers are letting it happen.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
If you listen to the narrator he says that bunching at the feet is caused by the carpet being pulled through the center.

He also say's that after releasing the Tri Force, the bunching flattens back out as the carpet pulls against the pins.

It appears to give a stronger, more uniform stretch than a knee kicker, and without all the inherent risks of a knee kicker.

Only testing in the field by those that do repairs will give an honest answer as compared to a salespersons quotes.

Hopefully it would work better than a Behr Claw. (Thanks Al :icon_redface:) :icon_razz:

:very_drunk:

PS::: Who is the supplier ??

Web site ???

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruno Fissori

Name
Bruno Fissori
Hi Jim,
the ripples you are seeing at the back of the feet is the result of the carpet stretching backwards in front of the feet. It's similar to a rubber band effect, in that the stretch at the front is actually helping to pull the carpet forward, contributing to the stretch. The principles that the stretcher uses is called Vector Mechanics and has been known of for centuries, it just has never been used in the carpet industry before. As far as stretching only 3 feet of the carpet, that is truly not the case. The carpet is stretched evenly all the way around the room and the short clip with the kicker shows the results. The adapter has been used out in the field daily for 8 years for installation, re-stretches and re-installs and has worked flawlessly. Also, there has not been a single recall due to an under stretched carpet that has rippled and many of the rental units have had the carpets cleaned several times since the installation.
Thank you for weighing in, Jim!

Bruno Fissori

Name
Bruno Fissori
Actually Indy, it does the opposite of what we think when we see it work. The carpet stretches forward through the center of the stretcher, the width of the head. It pulls from the center of the room as you stretch all four walls. The feet are spaced at an exact distance apart, in order for the full stretch of carpet to pull through the center each time.
Thank you for commenting!

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Actually Indy, it does the opposite of what we think when we see it work. The carpet stretches forward through the center of the stretcher, the width of the head. It pulls from the center of the room as you stretch all four walls. The feet are spaced at an exact distance apart, in order for the full stretch of carpet to pull through the center each time.
Thank you for commenting!
I couldn't find a website. How much is this thing?

Bruno Fissori

Name
Bruno Fissori
That's the kind of re-stretch we all love, Charlie! And the answer is yes, it works great on jobs like that and in half the time. For instance, an average house that used to take Mario 4 hours to do the whole job, start to finish, now takes him about 1 1/2 hours. And Mario is 70 years old! We have never had a recall yet!
Thanks for your comment, Charlie

Bruno Fissori

Name
Bruno Fissori
Willy, your right, it works killer in hallways, just as it does for the whole room. We have tested and used this tool in all kinds of situations, and on all kinds of carpet, we have yet to have it fail in any situation yet. Does that mean it's perfect? Absolutely not! But, in 8 years we have yet to find anything it does not work on. And it does not poke holes in the carpet like a pin type adapter and void carpet warranties, plus the Tri-Force works on ANY sub floor.
Thanks for your comments, Willy. We love hearing what you guys think and appreciate the opportunity to explain about our product.

FredC

Village Idiot
I thought the same thing as Jim....at first. After watching the vid a few times it looks like it could be a great tool.

of course I thought that when I bought the bear claw but found it to be a pita and only used it a couple of times. :D

Bruno Fissori

Name
Bruno Fissori
Kevin,
Man did you hit the nail on the head! There is a ton of crappy installs out there (and may always be)! The manufacturers are almost beside themselves with the bad name they see themselves possibly getting, due to poor installation.
Mario is the other partner of Superior Carpet Tools and has 50 years in the carpet installation and retail field. He is also a certified carpet inspector and has worked for all of the carpet manufacturers, he has an in depth knowledge of the 105 standards and what proper installation is. Not only does this tool answer all of the concerns that the manufacturers have, but it gives a more even and complete stretch to the carpet without damage or recall. We are seeking the approval of the manufacturers, but it doesn't happen over night. It does look good though.
Thanks for commenting, Kevin. We appreciate it.

Bruno Fissori

Name
Bruno Fissori
Fred,
I was very skeptical too, when Mario showed up at the shop a little over 8 years ago with a prototype in hand. But, I could not deny the results, it worked and has been working ever since. Plus, he no longer had to kick the carpets.
Thank you for you comments, Fred.

Bruno Fissori

Name
Bruno Fissori
Shorty,
You picked right up on the principle of how it works.
We are putting the tool out there now, in order to get comments from the folks in the field. Even though we have cleaned, repaired and installed carpets for years, your opinions are what matters, not ours! Incidentally the website should be done this week or the first of next week, our web designer just had a new addition to the family and took a week off which caused the delay.
Thanks for taking the time to comment, Shorty!
PS: The company is Superior Carpet Tools, 775-339-1204

Reactions: Shorty

hogjowl

Idiot™
Fred,
I was very skeptical too, when Mario showed up at the shop a little over 8 years ago with a prototype in hand. But, I could not deny the results, it worked and has been working ever since. Plus, he no longer had to kick the carpets.
Thank you for you comments, Fred.

Precisely my point. It will illiminate the need to kick, but not the need to stretch, in my opinion. When the mills endorse it, I will consider it. Until then, I will consider it a possibly good tool to avoid the need for a knee kicker ... only

Mikey P

Administrator
Is there somebody here who does enough installation/repair work (as in a few times a week?) who would like to try this tool at no cost?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yes ... me ... but you don't want to send it to me ... cuz I have already established the opinion is won't work ... for stretching.

Send it to somebody gullible.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
It should work, only problem I see possible damage to the actual "stretched area" of the carpet. I think when the carpet is "stretched" and attached to the tack strip and you disengage the stretcher the energy in the stretched area will equalize throughout the carpet therefore stretching the whole room, but who knows maybe I am completely wrong, as I have not used the unit.

Bruno Fissori

Name
Bruno Fissori
Opinion

Yes ... me ... but you don't want to send it to me ... cuz I have already established the opinion is won't work ... for stretching.

Send it to somebody gullible.

We would love to go head to head with any stretching method you use and prove to you that this IS stretching and not knee less kicking. In 8 years it has not failed on a job, and with ZERO recalls.

Bruno Fissori

Name
Bruno Fissori
It should work, only problem I see possible damage to the actual "stretched area" of the carpet. I think when the carpet is "stretched" and attached to the tack strip and you disengage the stretcher the energy in the stretched area will equalize throughout the carpet therefore stretching the whole room, but who knows maybe I am completely wrong, as I have not used the unit.

Are you a physics major, Michael? You totally get the concept of energy in the elasticity of the carpet, it completely equalizes over the whole room. Further more, the carpets suffer no damage at all. Since it's a smooth even motion during the stretching process, not brute force jarring the carpet (or your body) by kicking. Identically, the stretcher poles and the tack strip anchor adapter have not left the shop in years.

Mikey P

Administrator
Bruno

Is your company going to be displaying the device at The Experience ( :icon_rolleyes:) next week?

Maybe we could give it a try in the flood house?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom