what do you repair guys think of this new tool?

Bruno Fissori

Name
Bruno Fissori
Bruno

Is your company going to be displaying the device at The Experience ( :icon_rolleyes:) next week?

Maybe we could give it a try in the flood house?

We wanted to be there, but we already had previous commitments that we are unable to change. That would be a great way to demo it though.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Is there somebody here who does enough installation/repair work (as in a few times a week?) who would like to try this tool at no cost?

I stretch carpet a couple of times a week. I would love to give it a try.

Sent from my motorola flip phone using Crapatalk 1.1

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Does this tool help with not having to move as much furniture?

millbiller01

Well I thought they looked pretty cool, and I may try one. Besides Mr. Bruno seemed like a really nice guy on the phone.

Curtis

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I thought the same thing as Jim....at first. After watching the vid a few times it looks like it could be a great tool.

of course I thought that when I bought the bear claw but found it to be a pita and only used it a couple of times. :D

you fell for that Bear Claw to .........that thing was one of the biggest POS I have ever put my hands on........
when I sold the Vortex....I pitched that thing in the back and told him he could have it........and was happy to see them both drive away...........

FredC

Village Idiot
lol...yeah. I didn't buy it to be my primary stretcher or anything...just thought I would use it a lot more than I did. I was doing almost exclusively relays and cleans for restoration companies at the time and thought it would come in handy for partial relays.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Is there somebody here who does enough installation/repair work (as in a few times a week?) who would like to try this tool at no cost?

Me... I do repair work, and re installation, the odd re stretch but no new installs.

I'm skeptical that it will work on products that have medium to heavy weight wool face yarn with a jute backing. I get the 'stretching through between the legs' concept, but the demonstration is all on what appears to be 'builders grade' carpet, lighter weight cheaper products that easily skew out of shape to stretch through the legs.

I can see definite benefits to having it as part of the tool box, for places where you can't stretch off an opposing wall/fixture, for re installation after flood work, for seam repairs where you want to stretch up to re seam, larger repairs etc.

As an inspector also, I strongly suggest and recommend the use of power stretchers to attain sufficient stretch on an installation, many of my inspections are lacking as installers take short cuts due to time, or difficulty with angles, unsuitable stretching platforms etc

John

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Actually Indy, it does the opposite of what we think when we see it work. The carpet stretches forward through the center of the stretcher, the width of the head. It pulls from the center of the room as you stretch all four walls. The feet are spaced at an exact distance apart, in order for the full stretch of carpet to pull through the center each time.
Thank you for commenting!

The video makes it seem as if you are stretching from the feet forward imo. That is what lead me to open my big mouth ;)

You might diagram an arrow coming behind and then through them towards the head to better illustrate.

When these hit the market I'll seek out a disty that may let us give them a whirl. If it works as advertised - I'd be on the hook for a unit per van.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Me... I do repair work, and re installation, the odd re stretch but no new installs.

I'm skeptical that it will work on products that have medium to heavy weight wool face yarn with a jute backing. I get the 'stretching through between the legs' concept, but the demonstration is all on what appears to be 'builders grade' carpet, lighter weight cheaper products that easily skew out of shape to stretch through the legs.

I can see definite benefits to having it as part of the tool box, for places where you can't stretch off an opposing wall/fixture, for re installation after flood work, for seam repairs where you want to stretch up to re seam, larger repairs etc.

As an inspector also, I strongly suggest and recommend the use of power stretchers to attain sufficient stretch on an installation, many of my inspections are lacking as installers take short cuts due to time, or difficulty with angles, unsuitable stretching platforms etc

John

There ya go....he's your man....no one better to put it to the test.........

Bruno Fissori

Name
Bruno Fissori

John

John,
you are absolutely correct, it will not work on jute backed carpets due to the fact that jute has no elasticity. We use builder and commercial grades in the videos because they show the stretching action well. That being said, the majority of the jobs we have used it on have been mid to high end carpets. We have not found any difference in performance between synthetic or natural fibers and it works well on all weights of carpet. The feet are spaced precisely apart in order for the pull through to be at an optimum. Here in the States it's very hard to find any jute backed carpets anymore, sounds like that is not the case in New Zealand?
By the way this is not any kind of kicker that is newfangled or redesigned, it uses a power stretcher head and does power stretch carpet.
Thanks for commenting John, we appreciate it!

Bruno Fissori

Name
Bruno Fissori
The video makes it seem as if you are stretching from the feet forward imo. That is what lead me to open my big mouth ;)

You might diagram an arrow coming behind and then through them towards the head to better illustrate.

When these hit the market I'll seek out a disty that may let us give them a whirl. If it works as advertised - I'd be on the hook for a unit per van.

Thanks Indy,
Great idea about using more arrows to show the direction of pull. We are getting set up with Taf, over at Magic Wand Co. as one of our distributors and I think that's a great idea to place a few out there as demo units.
Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Bruno would you be willing to send a unit to John in New Zealand?

He is a Moderator here on MB and has earned a ton of respect over the years for really knowing his stuff.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Bruno needs someone in the market for which its designed. I work on probably in excess of 75% jute backed carpets and as such, I'm probably not the best person to put this particular tool through its paces for feedback purposes. It would potentially give a skewed or unfairly limited result.

John

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Has Taf (Magic Wand), go it yet ??

:very_drunk:

Last edited by a moderator:

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I was sent one to try. I had 3 stretch jobs with it today. I want to use it a few more times before I share my thoughts.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I would like your initial thoughts and impression/expectations as well as your thoughts after you have used the tool for a few more jobs, if you can please.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I was just sitting here thinking ... and wondering ... have we every seen anyone who got a tool to test and then said it was a POS?

Not that I think this tool is one ... I was just wondering.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I was just sitting here thinking ... and wondering ... have we every seen anyone who got a tool to test and then said it was a POS?

Not that I think this tool is one ... I was just wondering.

You can think what you want, but I will tell it like it is. So far I have only used it on three jobs. I am not going to say anything about it until I have used it more situations.
I have a couple of more stretch jobs this week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom