What has been your end of lease experience with Butler?

Name
Nate W.
I've had that happen also, minus the dog shit though.... My mom confronted him off the balcony while doing a 6 floor commercial hallways... I hear the yelling, I look at the guy and ask if he touched my machine.... Then I flew down the 2 flights of stairs and the guy took off running... I was down to fight... Dickheads...

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Tony Wilson

Name
Tony Wilson
20th year with slide-ins and open doors. Never so much as a missing furniture block. Not to say it couldn't happen tomorrow but not my biggest concern to date.

Reactions: KevinL

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've run Butlers since 80's never cleaned with all the doors closed. We Don't with the Prochem units either.

No fans but we do pop the hood on the Butlers when over 100 degrees in the Summer. Cops do the same with there vehicles here too. Our heat and humidity is just awful.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It never happened to me either. Even after 26 years running slide-ins.

But I didn’t want to be like you idiots and make the switch AFTER my tools were stolen!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've had too many water pump/radiator issues not to. I'm not sure why but just assume it's our weather. ??? Could be the GMC/Chevy???

Or maybe because we don't close our doors? :winky:

steve_64

The engine is cooled by the fan pulling fresh air through the radiator. That air is heated and needs to be removed from the enginge compartment or the fan will start pulling hot air and reduce the ability for engine to cool.

Since the van is designed to displace this air through motion, as it sits idling the temps go up. This is bad for the trans power steering and rubber parts.

I open the hood on hot days or long jobs.

Name
Brad Gouveia
This is a drawback with the Butler. You can not get a rolled and prepared for delivery 8 x 10 to fit, even in an extended van.

In 2001 the previous owner of my company bought a White Magic Pro 1200 instead of a butler solely based on rug carrying capacity.

8X10 is no problem, even 12 are not bad I stick them in the side and poke them between the seat. It becomes a problem when you are pick up 3 or more good sized rugs.

They do make a rug carrier and that is what I plan on getting.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Ok....well, time to set this a bit straight on cooling of the Butler...

First....DO NOT RUN WITH THE VAN HOOD OPEN...

Butler already takes all this into account.

They modify the front air intake...change up the fan to a larger flex fan...put on a Non Thermal Fan clutch to always spinning and cooling....

They also put on a smaller alternator if really want to know things...well at least order them from the factory with smaller alternator so the Clutch for the Butler is always straight and never need greasing.

Back to the cooling also and fan belts...they run a double belt so you don't have to worry about there being a problem with a single Serpentine Belt needing to be perfectly in line all the time and keep spinning the fan and other parts.

The fan system is meant to keep the transmission, Fuel pump, motor of course and other parts cool with that hood closed.

Butler also has a special compound belt made to handle high heat situations...

I ran my Van in Vegas at the Mikey's Fest pretty much wide open on high and cleaning and chugging in 110 degree heat for 3 days...4 hours each day non stop...

Butler takes into consideration all these conditions....

So I repeat....DO NOT RUN WITH THE VAN HOOD OPEN...

OK?!?!?! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom