What is an "Extra Dry Stroke"?

Mikey P

Administrator
Most industries self-regulate to a degree and this industry should be no different.

There’s a certain FB that needs some industry self-regulation in order to protect the industry.

That group has thousands of new people thinking being a hack is cool, long as you’re stealing enough money from customers who choose to trust them.

Who hacked into FiveO's account?

• Haha
Reactions: Meter Maid

Bob lain

Name
Bob
So Mike do you feel you get better Dry times with a 1.5 or 2 inch wand with your 370 ?I'm useing a 2 inch PC Ti 6 jets 6 flow and my Conway 14 at 4 flow . Iv'e been thinking about getting a smaller wand but now i see Tom is coming out with 1.5 with 14 inch head so may need to talk with him and see if he has a demo to try.

Mikey P

Administrator
So Mike do you feel you get better Dry times with a 1.5 or 2 inch wand with your 370 ?I'm useing a 2 inch PC Ti 6 jets 6 flow and my Conway 14 at 4 flow . Iv'e been thinking about getting a smaller wand but now i see Tom is coming out with 1.5 with 14 inch head so may need to talk with him and see if he has a demo to try.

Dry times don't concern me or affect my wand choices..

I live in Nevada where I could clean with my waist tank lid off and still get 3-hour dry times.

I find that a well formulated 12 inch head with four jets, properly spaced, not only cleans the best but are the easiest to use.

Last edited:

Bob lain

Name
Bob
I love my Devistator 2inch swivel but perfer my strait manifold PC and im interested in the new 1.5 14 head

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
here’s the hose management skills of a no dry stroker. Seriously, this person is very vocal about not needing dry strokes. Cool dude though.

6391761F-FC31-4182-BE9E-0023AB787431.png

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I don't know, nor need to know, who that person is in the above picture.

I just look at things this way:

I grew up believing all sorts of things based on what I understood to be right at the time;

1. That shampoo was better than "steam" (what we called it then)

2. Once having accepted "steam" cleaning, that running an alkaline detergent without any prespray was the way to go. Too dirty? Just boost the detergent with a pH 12 degreaser that was loaded with glycol ether.

3. Deodorizing urine with poison...literal poison. Tributyl tin maleate

4. Deodorizing urine with solvent based deodorizers

5. Deodorizing urine with disinfectant.

I could keep going, but my history of beliefs when it comes to cleaning was often so far off that I find it difficult to be in judgment of people. We all just need to keep learning and examining what we do.

I like the quote: "We don't need the courage of our convictions. We need the courage to challenge our convictions"

That's a tough one for me, but I try in my imperfect way to heed it.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I don't know, nor need to know, who that person is in the above picture.

I just look at things this way:

I grew up believing all sorts of things based on what I understood to be right at the time;

1. That shampoo was better than "steam" (what we called it then)

2. Once having accepted "steam" cleaning, that running an alkaline detergent without any prespray was the way to go. Too dirty? Just boost the detergent with a pH 12 degreaser that was loaded with glycol ether.

3. Deodorizing urine with poison...literal poison. Tributyl tin maleate

4. Deodorizing urine with solvent based deodorizers

5. Deodorizing urine with disinfectant.

I could keep going, but my history of beliefs when it comes to cleaning was often so far off that I find it difficult to be in judgment of people. We all just need to keep learning and examining what we do.

I like the quote: "We don't need the courage of our convictions. We need the courage to challenge our convictions"

But is there a gray area when it comes to removing dirty water from carpet? Isn’t that what customers pay us to do? At least remove as much as we possibly can?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
But is there a gray area when it comes to removing dirty water from carpet? Isn’t that what customers pay us to do? At least remove as much as we possibly can?

I agree. We need to remove as much water as we can so we can remove as much soil as we can. We'll never get it all out, but we should do all we can with the technology available.

Reactions: Meter Maid

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
does a Zipper or Bonzer perform two strokes?

Imo the lifting or clearing of the head/vac chamber defines each dry stroke, regardless of orifices..

View attachment 105329
In regards to clearing the head, I use a modified vac hose cuff at the wand coming straight with 2" vac hose connecting to the wand that keeps lockdown from ever occurring. This amounts to smooth, uninterupted airflow being allowed to move through the vac hose, which translates to better water recovery, regardless of which TM or portable you are using.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P
F

FB7777

perfect quote... we are all guilty of possessing misinformation but.....

so Many people confuse having an answer to a question with having correct information

I suppose its more glamorous to be an educator of life than a student....

I‘ll just keep sitting in the back row and answer when I’m called upon

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom