What is your number one source for new clients these days?

Number one would be

• Total voters
F

FB7777

don't listento Yoakum, Harper... he's just another Howard P marketing guru wannabe

except after 25 years , he's still working out of the trunk of his car :shock:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Dammit...

I was just making CHANGES to my add....

I thought he was connected with that Jon-Don "StRaTAGieS" thing... :roll:

I Guess i will leave it as it is... :?

I was just going to PM him for a MaRkItInG ADDvice.... :shock

Maybe I should wait for HIS BOOK... :wink:

Or POSSIBLY he HAS an 8-TRACK...InSpErATionaL TapE..... :p

joe harper

Name
joe harper
We try to do charity work in the community...

We support a local "wHoRe-hOusE" that is going GREEN...... :roll:

I was wOnDerInG if DAVE would be willing to write the copy for there flyers... :?:

It is TAX DEDUCTABLE.... :idea:
A BIG cORpErAtIon....like his...is always looking for a right-off... :wink:

You can work on the "HeAd-line"...Punn InTeNdeD... :D

I already have the tag-line for your advertisement at the "bottum"of the flyer...

What do you think of this :idea:

"OUR SUCKCESS DEPENDS ON "Yo...CuM"... :wink:

WELL ...what do ya think... :?:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Flyers are number 1, second would be my website, and third is my yellow page ad (three half pages)... I'm dropping my YP add for next year.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
A side-by-side would well for me too. I would go first, and they would get so bored by the time I finished vacuuming they'd pack up and leave.
Hec, I'd still be vacuuming by the time they finished their "whole cleaning".

Ron Werner said:
A side-by-side would well for me too. I would go first, and they would get so bored by the time I finished vacuuming they'd pack up and leave.

Ron, how much would you charge someone to detail a car. I know it would be done right.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Harper your creativity and time could be better suited to re-work your YP ad. :D

This is not an ad. Just an explanation:

As far as my marketing. I never intended to sell it. I kind of discovered it one of those cold winters when I was paying a grand a month for my YP ad. That ad barely broke even in the winter and I needed to find a way to do some additional marketing for little or no money.

That was when I brainstormed a unique way to market that was actually free for me to execute.

I started using this different way to market and I surprised myself that the thing actually worked.

In fact after getting it up and running. It was bringing in more that double the work than that the YP ad I was paying a grand a month for. (Through the years I have previously paid almost 200 grand to the Yellow Pages)

Well anyway, I found this different way to market, That costs little or no money and very little effort or time to execute.

I thought This is almost too good to be true. This marketing has been so beneficial to me and my business that I'm going to keep the secret all to myself.

Then, after a couple of years of being prompted by other cleaners on the boards. I decided that I could do a lot of good by sharing it with other the cleaner that may have been in the same situation as I was. I know how much it has helped my own business.

Sure, It's not making me a millionare and I'm not buying a Shelby Cobra. But, this marketing consintantly brings my company an average of $1000 in new customers every week for no money and no effort and I think it would help a lot of the guys here.

I'm not begging or coaxing anyone here to open their eyes to a better way of marketing.

I'll just leave it as, it works for me as my #1 way of bringing in new customers.

Dave Yoakum-

Dave Yoakum said:
Harper your creativity and time could be better suited to re-work your YP ad. :D

This is not an ad. Just an explanation:

As far as my marketing. I never intended to sell it. I kind of discovered it one of those cold winters when I was paying a grand a month for my YP ad. That ad barely broke even in the winter and I needed to find a way to do some additional marketing for little or no money.

That was when I brainstormed a unique way to market that was actually free for me to execute.

I started using this different way to market and I surprised myself that the thing actually worked.

In fact after getting it up and running. It was bringing in more that double the work than that the YP ad I was paying a grand a month for. (Through the years I have previously paid almost 200 grand to the Yellow Pages)

Well anyway, I found this different way to market, That costs little or no money and very little effort or time to execute.

I thought This is almost too good to be true. This marketing has been so beneficial to me and my business that I'm going to keep the secret all to myself.

Then, after a couple of years of being prompted by other cleaners on the boards. I decided that I could do a lot of good by sharing it with other the cleaner that may have been in the same situation as I was. I know how much it has helped my own business.

Sure, It's not making me a millionare and I'm not buying a Shelby Cobra. But, this marketing consintantly brings my company an average of $1000 in new customers every week for no money and no effort and I think it would help a lot of the guys here.

I'm not begging or coaxing anyone here to open their eyes to a better way of marketing.

I'll just leave it as, it works for me as my #1 way of bringing in new customers.

Dave Yoakum-

Was that post meant to help Harper with his ad or sell your marketing package which aint nothing but a referral program? Dave there are only two ways to get customer which are advertise and spend money rather it is yp, internet, post cards, van wrap, tv, radio, magnets etc. and referrals or leads from customers or business partners. There isn't no other way to get customers. Either you buy them or they are sent to you. Atleast JP's program is creative ways to get customers or advertise and even he doesn't say it is free or little cost.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
danielc said:
Ron Werner said:

Ron, how much would you charge someone to detail a car. I know it would be done right.

I refer cars to a detailer mostly. Every time I clean a vehicle I need to see my chiropractor the next day. Even the superflex isn't flexible enough for cars!
I was charging WAY too little for cars. I think if I did one now it would be around $200, floors and seats or an average 4 door. I try to get in wherever I can, but my smallest tool is a pmf handtool.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Chris Muetterties said:
[quote="Dave Yoakum":2rzgvsoq]Well since you asked.

My best source for new clients by far:

Is my marketing system that I developed a few years ago.

It has been producing over $ 1000.00 in new clients every week like clockwork.

For No money and also NO effort on my part.

Followed by the Internet. Around $300.00 per week( I likely have the highest ranking carpet cleaning site in my state.)

And then new clients referrals from previous clients.

BTW, Yellow page suck. Having to pay to advertise along with your competition should be a crime.

Dave can you please give us 3 names that we cam email or call that has has success using your system ? You can PM me with there names if you want it private.[/quote:2rzgvsoq]

If you DO as you SAY why aren't guys that have used your "system" ever letting us know how well it has worked for them? You have this wonderful "free" marketing and you have been posting for a while now.... You must have someone that can chime in.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
"Dave there are only two ways to get customer which are advertise and spend money rather it is up, internet, post cards, van wrap, tv, radio, magnets etc. and referrals or leads from customers or business partners. There isn't no other way to get customers. Either you buy them or they are sent to you. At Least JP's program is creative ways to get customers or advertise and even he doesn't say it is free or little cost."

Not correct by a long shot!
There are many ways to market. Much more than the two you broke it into.

Some of the best ways are free or cost very little(not just referrals)

Joe doesn't say marketing can be free or cost very little because he want to sell you his newsletters, websites, boot camps ect...........infinity.

Mine works kind of like Howard's in that you build relationships and they work on many of the same principles.

The exception is that I'll show you where to find and how to get in the door to many more opportunities than Howard's program offers.

So when you say build relationships, aren't you really saying meet people that will send business your way. Maybe they own a business (a doctor, lawyer, etc) and you send business their way too. Those are referrals my friend. Dave I realize there are other ways as well but most cleaners are not going to be able to work that market. I am talking about free publicity. Dave, make a very negative public comment about the president and see if your name and business aren't mentioned on the evening news. That is free publicity. One more thing. If your marketing system is so great how come you aren't a large multi truck company? You must be turning down jobs left and right.

Dave I will say that trying to get cleaners to focus on building relationships with the right customers is a good idea. My best customer just emailed with 9 200 dollar jobs to do next week and will continue sending jobs my way and that is free marketing even though they are referrals no matter how you try to slice it up.

JCoviello

This thread and information is useless IMO without the rest of the critical data needed to gauge "success".

That would be how much work each person/company needs to meet montly goals, and now much each said "source" is generating in relation to that.

For us, we need at least 20 appointments per week to meet current budget, and we are generating on average 25 NEW clients, but that number has been steadily increasing. The last 3 weeks have averaged about 30, and last week brought in 41.

Source for NEW clients:

1. Direct Mail (Tailored to a planned campaign and my area) About 80 new customers per month.
2. Referral. About 5-7 new customers per month. (And to be fair, our campaign is about 6 months old and this number is increasing as wel grow our client base.)
3. Internet About 5 new customers per month

But listing them 1-2-3 is not entirely accurate as each becomes a tool of the other at times. I've had customers tell me "my neighbor used you, then I got one of your mailers, so I went online to check you out and then hired you."

F

FB7777

Jay, how many trucks do you have on the road and how many people are in your organization?

25 new customers a week consistently is impressive.

I agree with you about identifying the source of a new client... I based my answer on the initial contact. However with all the 'supporting' features in your organization, ie your website, direct mail, YP your closing ratio tends to increase.

JCoviello

fred boyle said:
Jay, how many trucks do you have on the road and how many people are in your organization?

25 new customers a week consistently is impressive.

I agree with you about identifying the source of a new client... I based my answer on the initial contact. However with all the 'supporting' features in your organization, ie your website, direct mail, YP your closing ratio tends to increase.

Hi Fred, right now there are three of us - 4 with the helper I just lost. :roll:

In short, we have one truck on the road and I'm on it. I have been maxing this truck's potential out and focusing on building the foundations of the company to support 2-3-4 trucks on the road. Now that we have those systems in place, it's time to start adding trucks.

IMO that's the order things should be in. I've seen too many companies throw 2-3 trucks on the road with no back end support and things start to come apart.

I've been investing heavily in building the client base and turning our profits back into the company and living on a minimal salary. So far so good.

I see you are in MA, maybe some day when we have a free moment (LOL) we can hook up for a lunch or whatever.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Daniel wrote:
So when you say build relationships, aren't you really saying meet people that will send business your way. Maybe they own a business (a doctor, lawyer, etc) and you send business their way too. Those are referrals my friend.

There seems to be some confusion as to my main source of new clients.

It is NOT a referral program.

I get free advertising.

Quite simple this is how it works:

I provide groups, memberships, organizations or those with a shared interest a valuable gift.

For providing that "gift" the groups, memberships, organizations or those with a shared interest give my company free advertising to all their members.

One single phone call can provide your company wilth years of free advertising.

But, you can't simply just go up to these groups and say "Give me free advertising, Please?"

It's the "gift " that I provide them with that is the "key" that will open up the door to all this opportunity.

Without this gift all these groups will be reluctant to even talk to you and it will be a spoiled chance to get these groups on board.

The "gift" is unique and it has taken several years to of trial and error to perfect.

When you discover that you can advertise to groups throughout your entire service area it will open your eyes to many new opportunities.

You likely drive past these opportunities all day long. Without even realizing that they may be able to provide your company with years of free advertising.

Advertising couldn't be any more cost effective. When there are no continued costs.

It also couln't be any easier when you simply have to plant the seed to get it started and then it produces forever!

To be a good fit for you.
This way to market will bring in new residential clients.
It also, works best is a metro area since they will have more groups for you to target.
The larger the metro are the better the marketing will work.(In a very large area the potential is extrordinary)

This way of marketing is designed to be used along with you other marketing efforts. Although after you get this up and running you may be able to reduce your now less productive marketing.

Anyway It works very well for me.
If you prefer to pay month after month for advertising that's up to you.

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
HARPER said:
Loren Egland said:
I like the Joe Harper guarantee and ad. I can see why it would work for you. It sounds good to the consumer, though it really doesn't guarantee you are the absolute best cleaner in town, only that you guarantee a free demo.

Loren
http://www.deltasteamway.com

Loren,

You are exactly right ...it does NOT guarentee that we are the Best cleaner...or ...
the lowest PRICE...What is does prove is that we COMMITED to go the extra mile
in our SERVICE...!!! BTW...We are the BEST.. :lol:

This OFFER...Is the GREATEST closing tool anyone can have in the BOX...We are fortunate that we OWN our market area..! We don't travel more than 20 miles in one direction.. :wink:
One of the reasons for my claim is...99% of other cleaners are NOT going to GAMBLE the
TIME or MONEY to to do a Side-by-Side DEMO... :!:

So they LOOSE the cleint right then & there.... :( Most are willing to ONLY quote the price
over the PHONE...! If you want High-End Cleints...You better be willing to give high-end service.... :eek: We have had only 2 companys accept this challange..& at least 20 or more
NO-SHOWS.... :roll:

If a company services a large area...This offer will NOT work for them...It certainly HELPS

That's a hell of a claim. You should be proud of your business. I hope to be there some day......
to pull-up in a BOX TRUCK...Remember most Women are "SIZE QUEENS"....

There is a REASON for the MASS amount of COPY in my adds... :idea: The HIGHER-END
cleint will READ more copy ...Searching for more information..The PRICE-SHOPPER...Will NOT.
So I am HITTING my target market..! and ELIMINATING the shoppers...My Yp add is focused
on SERVICE>>>SERVICE>>>SERVICE.... :!: not technical cleaning FLUFF...We try to be
DIFFERENT..?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom