What slide in TM would you buy for $20-25K?

BillC

I'm wanting to get some opinions on some slide in TM's for around $20-25K? I'm currently using a Boxxer 421 and I will be upgrading shortly so I'm wanting something a little bigger.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
If you're looking to buy now I would say the Blueline Thermalwave II, if you can wait a month ot two I'd get the new Hydramaster Titan when it comes out.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Hi Bill,

You've asked a good question because I'm looking at possibly upgrading in the future too. I have a couple questions for you? Are you happy with your HM's performance? If so, why not look at staying with HM? How much bigger of a machine are you considering to need/want?

Thanks,

Rex Tyus

At the risk of sounding like a shill for a product I don't even have... IF I were going to buy a slide in I would look REAL HARD at the Judson units. I think they understand air flow. All stainless. I have yet to read anything from anyone that has one state ANYTHING bad about them.

disclaimer: I don't own one nor have I ever operated one. But I like they way they look and read.

Greenie

BillC said:
I'm wanting to get some opinions on some slide in TM's for around $20-25K? I'm currently using a Boxxer 421 and I will be upgrading shortly so I'm wanting something a little bigger.

My first question to you is what is it about your current unit that makes you want "more" or a "bigger" unit?
More vacuum in general?
More heat?
Tank capacity?

You get the idea, tell us what you are specifically looking for.
And while you are at it, why that particular price range?

oh...and have you made any improvements to your 421 as of yet, or is it stock?

G

Over 20K for a slide in, I can remember when I could buy a ProChem 100A for $4500 in the 80's. I would buy the Judson for under 20k!

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I'd be seriously looking at the Genesis Diesel.

AWESOME EVERYTHING... airflow, heat, design, extremely low noise and vibration levels. No I don't have one, I have a petrol model and saw this at the Aussie CleanExpo earlier this year and was blown away with it.

John

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I think I would also look at the juden's units and get the biggest bang for my buck.

BillC

Greenie said:
BillC said:

My first question to you is what is it about your current unit that makes you want "more" or a "bigger" unit?
More vacuum in general?
More heat?
Tank capacity?

You get the idea, tell us what you are specifically looking for.
And while you are at it, why that particular price range?

oh...and have you made any improvements to your 421 as of yet, or is it stock?
Yes to all the above. More vacuum, heat and tank capacity. I'm getting more jobs where I need to run at least 300-400ft of hose and my 421 won't handle it.
And no my 421 isn't stock. I bought 2 1/2 hose, a Greenhorn and uped my RPM. I bought this stuff last year from that guy at Greenglides and he knows his stuff.

OH yeah, thats you!! :)

d-day

Personally, I'd buy an EZ from freeflow for 10-12.5K and invest the balance in marketing.

d-day

BillC

For those of you who said Judson, thats at the top of my list for its simplicity. However I think on there site it says only 210-215 degrees and I would like to have a bit more heat. Other than that I'm almost sold on the Reactor..

hogjowl

Idiot™
My advice to you ... is be very careful. Take the Judson's units for example. Les and his wife are great people. I buy all my chemicals, that I can, from them, and Les has bent over backwards to help me repair my current unit, even though it's not one of his. So, when I am shopping again, Les at Judson's will be the first person I call. However, having said all that, just because Les is popular on the boards, does not in any way reflect favorably on his rigs. I've seen too may darlings of the week on the internet who actually make shit for units. So shop carefully.

In fact, I was just discussing this with the bucket head Himself today. Why is it that nobody who makes TM's, and also stalks the bulletin boards actually incorporates the bulletin board improvements that we all want? Do any of our favorite mfg's make rigs with 3 or 4 inch internal plumbing and 2.5 inch vac ports on their waste tanks? Are 2.5 inch hoses and glided 2 inch wands being supplied as standard equipment on anybodies packages? Are any true dual wand units being made?

If I were paying 25 K for a new slide-in, it darn sure would have all the upgrades I want, or else I might as well just shop for the lowest price. No sense in paying a whole lot for more of the same.

We've come too far in this industry for manufacturers to be able to get away with not keeping up.

Oh, and I know DooDaddy is gonna chime in saying he has one on the way, but I'll believe it when I actually see it.

clean one

i might be missing something on heat but i don't run over 190 give or take. I'm sure a heat exchange machine is limited. But with a propane heater on a Judson i'm sure you get over 210 but do you find you really need it.

I have a Judson Nitro i bought new in 92 it has over 4600 hrs on it same motor and blower, i installed a cat 3cp pump years ago. its only a 3mp blower and i have run 225 foot of hose ok. I just bought a used TNT Judson with just 1645 hrs on it. specs say it can run 600 foot of hose.

All of the newest Judson machines are ALL HIGH FLOW things sure have changed since i bought my first machine in 92, oh yea the starter bendix drive is the only part that has been replace from wear. other then belts , oil, filters maintaince stuff.

So would i buy another Judson unit you bet i would,

Fred Homan

Judson, Judson.....Rah, Rah, Rah.....You want more heat with it? Add the propane option....Talk to Les....I AM NOT A SHILL.... :lol: :D

Greenie

Sorry I didn't recognize ya Bill, I just glance at the profile real quick.

You are seeking a fuel burner...me thinks.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
admiralclean said:
Why is it that nobody who makes TM's, and also stalks the bulletin boards actually incorporates the bulletin board improvements that we all want? Do any of our favorite mfg's make rigs with 3 or 4 inch internal plumbing and 2.5 inch vac ports on their waste tanks? Are 2.5 inch hoses and glided 2 inch wands being supplied as standard equipment on anybodies packages? Are any true dual wand units being made?

Marty, from what I've seen of the PowerClean Liberty and Diesle Genesis, I believe they are listening to us.

They are 2.5 ready plumbed... off the manufacturing line. Hoses? Wand? GG? All accessories that can be adjusted to ones personal preference at time of purchase/ordering.

My Genesis has half the noise and vibration of the Prochem Legend!!! with twice the power/airflow/heat and barely uses much more GAS. :roll:

The boys at PowerClean are listening, and responding, and I'd guess that directly or indirectly, Greenie's knowledge and mods are flowing through to the general assembly line.

John

Greenie

I must say that Diesel 59 is a pretty nice, it incorporates much of the stuff I champion, the PowerClean boys do listen, in fact I'd sell that machine as a "big boy" contender but there are other PC distributors in my area. And the Liberty is indeed a solid candidate.

Rex Tyus

They are 2.5 ready plumbed... off the manufacturing line. Hoses? Wand? GG? All accessories that can be adjusted to ones personal preference at time of purchase/ordering.

What is their plumbing from blower port to waste tank? Just curious.

Fred Homan

I don't have a Judson unit but tried it out at Mikefest....Les is great to deal with. So is his Dad Judson. It is a very simple unit.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Believe me simpler is better thats why I bought a cleanco.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan

When did PowerClean start incorporating these upgrades in their units? Is it only on the Genesis models that have all the upgrades you mentioned? Was talking with a guy who has a Victory 47 for sale. Says it's only 1.5 maybe 2 yrs old but it only has 2 inch plumbing? Maybe it's older than he claims. :evil:

Thanks John,

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Bill it's my understanding that they are fairly recent additions and only on new models being released, not going back retro fitting previous models.

That means the new Liberty and Diesel 59 both have the 2.5" plumbing... can't say for the upgraded petrol Genesis sorry, maybe Greenie or someone may know.

I'm sure when Jim (Aussie disty) gets out of bed, he'll let us know for sure. (I'll make sure he sees this thread so I still get my shill check :lol: :roll: :shock: )

Is the Victory still being sold? I thought it was obselete now????

Like anything though, older models can still be upgraded to a certain level. You just have to know who to talk to :wink:

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom