What slide in TM would you buy for $20-25K?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Caution! Just because a unit has nice large outside diameter plumbing doesn't mean swat. You need to have them verify the inside diameters and ports. Heavy gauge piping and poor machining and assembly will quickly negate the large appearance and benifit of some plumbing.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
As Jim Said, a smaller #36 blower can ourperform a #45, or even a #47 vacuum blower. How is that possible you ask?

I'd say the single most reason is most manufacturers use a larger blower to make the carpet cleaner think he is getting a lot more vacuum. Oftentimes, these larger blowers are not turned as fast (RPM), even though they are capable of much more CFM, nor do they have straight flow internal plumbing on the intake and discharge sides, and they do NOT use the over-sized silencer design that I found works quite well.

The PD blower of a TM takes the lions share of horsepower (HP), and to run a blower faster, you need a lot more HP. To increase the lift, again more HP is needed, a lot more. Of course that burns more fuel. But if it's super performance you're looking for, that is the cost for getting it.

I would say the 2.5" hose and wand glides, have made a huge improvement in TM performance.

Thank you Greenie, and thank you manufacturers who listen to their customers.

G

Jim,I was touting the use of a better vac relief (kunkle,sovc ect.) years ago because I knew the lmprovement was great,and if I had to choose (I dont want to) between 2.5,kunkle,or a glide,Iwould have to say the kunkle.

Kevin

PS Tim P, you runnin that cds with the civic or the accord?

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Hi Kevin,

Have you used the SOVC valve? How did it compare to a Kunkle? I see the people that advertise it make some pretty big claims over the years. I have never seen one in operation though.

Jim

G

Hi Jim,
Yes I did had the sovc years ago,same concept and results as a kunkle just alot more expensive and electronic instead of manual.I have always looked for improvements over the years because I am more worried about dry times than my cust.
and as far as claims,I usually test myself.

Kevin

PS-I ran it on a 36 steam genie and even back then I used about 25ft of 2.5 off the machine

Jay D

Name
Jay D
$25,000 WoW thats alot of denero. I would probably attempt to make a machine like Kevin Brenny. His is something else. I like simple machines I can build, fix and work on. All machines perform the same function and Our customers, beleive it or not, buy from us based on how we treat them and bring our service to them. WoW too much is placed on machinery. SURPRISE! :shock:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jay DeLaughter said:
$25,000 WoW thats alot of denero. I would probably attempt to make a machine like Kevin Brenny. His is something else. I like simple machines I can build, fix and work on. All machines perform the same function and Our customers, beleive it or not, buy from us based on how we treat them and bring our service to them. WoW too much is placed on machinery. SURPRISE! :shock:

They all just spray and suck right?

I make most of my money from my relationship with the customer. I don't care how good or a cleaner you are or how bad ass your equipment is, If you can't sell it (for lack of a better term) you are swimmin in a circle.

TimP

The only reason a V8 makes sense with a cds is that it drives the van. I don't want a freaking v8 in my cargo area :shock:

Greenie

Spending big bucks on a pretty machine is definitely all about the cleaner, and hey if you feel more confident because you have done so and that somehow impacts your business' success then more power to you. I do tend to notice that the ghetto cleaners tend to have ghetto machines, so maybe there is something to all of that psychology. (from a guy who doesn't sell pretty machines).

At the end of the day, most are just looking for value for their dollar, meet that need and all will be well.

G

So what if I have a 4cy driving me and a v8 in the back?The point was simplicity,and the v8 means longivity and the gas as you might have looked up around here is mute.When you have had 7 different rigs you will start to understand,and I see your quick to give your advice on here,now take some :) .

Kevin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Greenie said:
Spending big bucks on a pretty machine is definitely all about the cleaner, and hey if you feel more confident because you have done so and that somehow impacts your business' success then more power to you. I do tend to notice that the ghetto cleaners tend to have ghetto machines, so maybe there is something to all of that psychology. (from a guy who doesn't sell pretty machines).

At the end of the day, mnost are just looking for value for their dollar, meet that need and all will be well.

Image is everything in my opinion...yes you have to get the job done right but even then, if the custy like you, she will call back.

When I was able to get a new van and new (and new looking) equipment my referals went through the roof. I did the same awesome job as with the porty I started out with, but my image and the perception of the custy that keeps you in the neighborhood.

I can't say it enough...Wash you van, your clothes and hair (dirt bags). Change shirts in the middle of the day if it gets trashed.
You must where a uniform and have a marked vehicle. Preferably newer but whatyagonnado sometimes.
Doesn't hut to have the gift of gab but don't rule over your custy with to much talk.

Love you too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom