What slide in TM would you buy for $20-25K?

TimP

Judson offers 2.5 stock and a greenhorn and hose for a cheap upgrade price. If you are looking for increased hose legnth then the reactor may do the trick....however I'd want to test it out myself with 3-400 ft of hose first to see if it's going to do what I want. The reactor offers 210 heat for single wand use and if you need more get yourself a lg 3ht hp to boost to however high you like and get an underbelly LP tank. I'd be real tempted for that.

Although with the extra cash you have available I'd be real interested in the Termalwave II and if I could get one I'd be interested in the HM Titan. Both seem very promising with vac and heat. I'd want to make sure they were plumbed for max air flow though.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
The Titan comes with a standard 2.5 inch port off the waste tank and is dual wand capable. I have a few customers that are as anxious as you can get for this to come out.

Rex Tyus

packfancjh said:
The Titan comes with a standard 2.5 inch port off the waste tank and is dual wand capable. I have a few customers that are as anxious as you can get for this to come out.

What about port to waste tank?

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Although I've never owned a Judson unit, I have never heard anything bad about them. They are built by a dedicated family who turns out quality and simple, yet powerful truckmounts, built to last.

Sunbelt has carried them for years, and again, from what I've heard, there isn't a "problem" with their truckmounts.

I think a Judson truckmount would serve you well, just like my Cleaning Technologies truckmount I bought new in 1986 (my orignal TM purchase which turns out to be a great truckmount after 22 years of constant use).

It is still in daily operation, albeit with a new Honda 24 HP motor, which, BTW, I fully endorse as an outstanding air cooled engine for a slide in. It is a very smooth running motor, with no bog during cleaning, even though we are over-driving a #45 blower at 4150 RPM.

It is one sweet running motor!

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
admiralclean said:
Why is it that nobody who makes TM's, and also stalks the bulletin boards actually incorporates the bulletin board improvements that we all want? Do any of our favorite mfg's make rigs with 3 or 4 inch internal plumbing and 2.5 inch vac ports on their waste tanks? Are 2.5 inch hoses and glided 2 inch wands being supplied as standard equipment on anybodies packages?

Oh, and I know DooDaddy is gonna chime in saying he has one on the way, but I'll believe it when I actually see it.

Okay Mardy... Here's one for you:

DSCN1599.jpg

If you look, you'll see the port from the tank to the wand is actually a 2.5" half- coupling. This allows for your choice of 2.5" hose, or 2". The connection between the tank and blower is 2.5" as well. (And it has no 90- degree turns to add turbulence and resulting resistance to airflow.)

All of the systems I make are done this way now.

As for having a 2" glided wand and 2.5" hose as standard... No. They cost more, so they sell for more. They're an available option that I mention to and discuss with every customer.

I see no cause for some kind of apology for the above, BTW. After all systems we make are priced as complete packages, which include 200 feet of hose, 3 reels and a wand, which is more than the vast majority of manufacturers do today...

Duane

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
if i was going to spend 25k on a new tm
i would ......go home to Ireland for 2 weeks see the family ,eat well, get drunk ...a lot. Come back to yank land
and get another reactor with the greenglides package

it is a great unit . simple , easy to use, i have run 300ft with no problems. right now i have 100hrs on mine and the only things i have had to do is clean it and an oil change

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Marty;

Why is it that nobody who makes TM's, and also stalks the bulletin boards actually incorporates the bulletin board improvements that we all want? Do any of our favorite mfg's make rigs with 3 or 4 inch internal plumbing and 2.5 inch vac ports on their waste tanks? Are 2.5 inch hoses and glided 2 inch wands being supplied as standard equipment on anybodies packages? Are any true dual wand units being made?
Dynachem models with 2.5" plumbing & outlets have been in production for over a year.

CMP 14" x 1.75" lo-profile angle-jet wands are standard on all 34 & 38 HP models.

Glides and 2.5" vac hoses are still optional.

Silencer design is much more significant to vac flow.

We have 3" ID SS silencers on our large units.
Even our smallest TM's have SS 2.5" ID silencers.

Stainless silencers have a greater effect on CFM than the machine plumbing.

Larry

Rex Tyus

I will NOT get sucked in to an ignorant debate.

hogjowl

Idiot™
After talking to Les over the phone, dealing with him on getting my engine repaired, cruising the Judson web-site and talking with Bob Foster some, I've come to the conclusion that Les, and Judson, seem to have the options available to make their units bulletin board friendly. All the upgrades are listed on their website.

I wonder if that Reactor is dual wand capable, or if some Greenie tweaking is necessary to get it to dual wand?

TimP

I'd like to see at least a 56 blower to dual on a reactor.

You can get the high flow package for like 500 and it comes with 2.5 ports, hose, and greenhorn wand. I don't know how well it will dual if it can at all. Best thing to do is to try it out......

LeeCory

Powerclean Genesis.

I have owned one for several years now and would buy another.

I had some problems with my machine and put their customer service to the test and they took care of me. I had my machine in their shop for 3 days this past February and now all is well.

No matter what machine you have you will eventually have some problem. If it is something that the company should take care of you better hope you are with a company that will take care of you. In my case Powerclean stepped up and did just that.

It has been a solid, powerful machine.

It's hard deciding which machine to purchase... I wish you the best of luck.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Only had opportunity to run the CanAm at 200ft so far. 150ft of 2.5 + 50ft of 2", greenhorn wand with 5x03jets.
Heat is excellent.
Vacuum still good enough to get the carpet almost dry.
Watching my fuel consumption, getting 1.2 gal/hr, $3.75/hr

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
There could be a problem with this thread as if you have only had one TM and nothing has gone wrong you may not realize that you still have a mediocre TM.
That's kinda how I feel, my WM HO is bad ass to me but I've never been on the wand of a Vortex.
Could get some good opinions of some crappy TMs.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
admiralclean said:
Why is it that nobody who makes TM's, and also stalks the bulletin boards actually incorporates the bulletin board improvements that we all want? Do any of our favorite mfg's make rigs with 3 or 4 inch internal plumbing and 2.5 inch vac ports on their waste tanks? Are 2.5 inch hoses and glided 2 inch wands being supplied as standard equipment on anybodies packages? Are any true dual wand units being made?

As you can see, the smart manufacturers are listening as evidenced by the guys that have replied. There are some nice machines in the mix so far. As John Middleton mentioned (thanks John 8) ) PowerClean also closely listen to what is going on and adapt to what their clients want/need. The Genesis D-XT is example of that. I just went out and took a photo of another one that we are installing this week. It is powered by a 52 hp Diesel Isuzu engine (which has a 5000 hour/5 year warranty :D ). It comes standard with 2.5 ports coming out of the waste tank. To the rear of the machine, you can see the size of the plumbing. Inside that box sits twin 3 inch blower filters. They sit remotely outside of the waste tank so as not to get clagged with debris like the normal filters do. This machine can EASILY run several hundred feet of hose. Yes, on Greenies advice, it also runs a 3" kunkle valve as well. It even has a series of jets to wash down the inside of the waste tank as well.

NewDXT.jpg

LibertyInstall11.jpg

Like was stated earlier as well, manufacturers are listening. The PowerClean Liberty (this is the biggest selling machine in Australia in the last 12 months) runs a water cooled Kohler, 2000 psi General Emperor pump, and also runs a kunkle valve and is designed to handle either 2 or 2.5" hose - setup from the factory in that condition.

Jim

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
On the Diesel Genesis? It runs a 59 with a 3" kunkle. With the way it is plumbed, it moves a lot of air. I lined up the Z-XT Genesis (gas version) that runs the same 59 blower, with the D-XT (Diesel Genesis) and even though they are running the same blower, that is about where the similarity stops. The air flow movement on the Diesel Genesis is a lot smoother, and now breathing easier by having the dual 3" air filters sitting outside the wastetank, it is an animal on the airflow department!

It is going to be interesting to see the advancements in our industry over the next few years. With a big thanks to Greenie, manufacturers are sitting up and taking notice that we are looking for more reliable performance from our machines. And one other thing I have noticed is the vacuum that what we always thought we were getting from our machines (be it of any brand) we weren't! The difference between the Gas and Diesel Genesis is proof of that. The Gas version produces copious amounts of vacuum which is always impressive. Compared to the Diesel version and its different use of engineering, it is two completely different machines, despite having the identical blower. I have noticed the same on the PowerClean Liberty vs. Boxxer 427/Prochem Peak. The Liberty runs a 36 blower, while the other two machines have (on paper) larger airflow blowers. With the Liberty running 2.5" hose on the 36 and having a kunkle valve as standard, you cannot tell the difference between it, and it's larger, more expensive competitors.

Jim

BillC

Hey Jim, that Genesis is one good lookin machine. How much are they going for?

T

The Magician

You want a update so get away from the small 2 cyl and go for the 3/4 cyd water cooled motors with 56/59 blowers. Buy from a reputable manufacturer and not some garage built tm.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim;

You always have such impressive photos.

I also appreciate the machine advantages you are describing.

We also have utilized a vac filter box that is not part of the recovery tank.

But, I do have a couple of questions on your comparison of the #36 blower to the #4 blowers.

What vac lift is the #36 blower operating at ??

I would think a #45 blower is capable of more operating lift.

Also, how are the two 2.5" elbows installed in the recovery tank on the D-XT?

Larry

P.S. We are looking at a new Diesel EFI 26 HP engine for a new #4 blower TM we are building.

BillC

The Magician said:
You want a update so get away from the small 2 cyl and go for the 3/4 cyd water cooled motors with 56/59 blowers. Buy from a reputable manufacturer and not some garage built tm.
I don't see many slide in's besides the Genesis with anything bigger than a 48 blower.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
BillC said:
Hey Jim, that Genesis is one good lookin machine. How much are they going for?

Hey Bill - I apologize, I have no idea what they sell for over in the USA. I am the PowerClean dealer for Australia. However, I can get one of the PowerClean guys to contact you if you like?

Ron Werner said:
what is the fuel consumption on that diesel?
It is a little over a gallon an hour at single wand operation.

Larry Cobb said:
Jim;

You always have such impressive photos. I also appreciate the machine advantages you are describing. But, I do have a couple of questions on your comparison of the #36 blower to the #4 blowers. What vac lift is the #36 blower operating at ?? I would think a #45 blower is capable of more operating lift. Also, how are the two 2.5" elbows installed in the recovery tank on the D-XT?

Larry

Hey Larry, thanks for the compliments :) Sounds like a nice engine you are choosing to use in the future with that small diesel as well. In regards to your questions regarding the differences, the 36 was set via the kunkle at 14". The 45 was un-kunkled, just as they come out of the factory. The 36 killed the 45 and most people couldn't tell the difference between a kunkled 36 running 2.5" hose and a standard 47 setup. I know that I am going to get crap thrown at me for that comment, but it was amazing. We had our main nationwide tradeshow (sorta like Connections) over here about 2 months ago. I was running the Liberty as it comes from the factory and including 2.5" hose. It outperformed all the other machines that had 36 bi-lobe (and 3006 tri-lobes) and 45 bi-lobe (4005 tri-lobe) size blowers and matched units that had a 47 (4007) blowers running.

Yet on paper, a 36 is meant to only have around the 270-290 max CFM. However, when you see a machine that has been engineered correctly and makes full use out of other performance upgrades (eg. kunkles and larger vac hose) that can actually match the performance of machinery that again, on paper, should have around 200 CFM more, it makes you sit up and take notice. That is what I was referring to earlier by saying I don't think manufacturers have been getting anywhere near what they tell us they have been over the years in regards to CFM ratings, when you see something small outperforming and/or matching something that has a much larger potential - as standard. And to answer your question about the ports on the waste tank, they have a thread on them and get screwed into place.

Jim

p.s. - This is the front half of the install I showed above. This is our small Toyota Hi-Ace van, yet with a Liberty installed, we still have a fair amount of spare room left over. With our gas prices so expensive over here, we have to diversify.

LibertyInstall22-1.jpg

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
well i have had my can-am for 3 months no problems.1.5 gallon per hour.
My god does this thing get hot i clean at 200 degrees will go to 250 but why?
run for 5hr on a turbo tile tool maintained 200 all day.
Les has been a great help.
I will prob buy another
2 thumbs up.
Dries real fast
Running 10 flow
15 flow?
Les set me up i want to try.

BigMac41

Didn't Magic Wand Company just come out with a slide in that uses a 350 ci v-8. I would think it would have all the vacuum and heat you would need. Never seen one but the photos look impressive.

Mac

TimP

But the console of the magic wand machine isn't mikey approved.....so we don't talk about that machine :roll:

Seriously not much feedback and I think the engine is over kill myself. I'd rather have a smaller more efficient engine. A 4 cyl engine would be large enough no neeed for a V8 size and weight wise too....

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
If you think 190 is plenty of heat then yeah the MW320 has plenty. To get more than that you need to buy an additional heat booster.

Greenie

Didn't I tell you that Geni59 was a sweet machine? It's just a few dollars outside the reach of a BDCC, a lot more $18,000 machines sold.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom