What TM would you buy?

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
How about under 10K?

That sounds even better to me.

And how about a TM that has all the heat you'd ever want (up to 300º, fully adjustable thru the entire range), 1200 PSI at 3.5 GPM, chemical injection system, easily comes out to go inside if need be (all or one module - you choose), plenty of vacuum (290 CFM - 11 HG), 30 GPM APO, light weight (entire TM, counting 4 modules, weighs under 400 lbs.), compact, reliable, no expensive proprietary parts, and very little maintenance required.

Check it out.

Thank You.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Mike,

Jim Hadley had his unit there last year, but it is the original SAVAGE-1 TM.

Several improvements and design changes later, I am now very excited about our E-BEAST, a real animal of a TM, but compact and very powerful, with so little maintenance required on a daily basis. You can even skip rinsing out the recovery tank each day, just rinse out that inline vacuum filter and keep it clean!

During our testing, we purposely did not open the waste tank lid for 3 weeks, just rinsed out the inline filter, and the APO NEVER failed to pump-out once during that time (and the APO and filter are inside the waste tank). Each day (5 days a week) we cleaned at least 4 different jobs, from residential, to nasty apartments, to put it to the test.

I spent a year and a half perfecting an APO that pumps 30 GPM, enough to handle standing water at a water damage extraction.

I remember a conversation I had with Shawn York at Duane's place a few years back, where Shawn said he had the hardest time getting the pump outs to not be a problem. It's all about balance, just as in a vacuum system. The Yin and the Yang.

Getting back to Mikefest, Greg Loe is in Cali, and has one of the BEASTS. Maybe he'll take it to the Mikefest coming up.

I wish I could make it, but it would be one "ell" of a drive from Ohio this time of year.

I've heard great things about your fest. I appreciate all you do for our industry. You are definitely one of the good guys, and I've never even talked with you yet.

Best regards,

Bob

Kirk

Another Butler.

Mine will be up for sale again next year. The way it looks, it is already sold but you never know.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Steam Way Powermatic Legacy 2100

Large, impressive looking, fullest featured machine in the industry, longest track record, stays looking good forever if kept clean, less complex than heat exchangers with more far more heat so it cleans better.

Steam Way 4100 LX

Smaller than a Powermatic, but cleans as well for less money due to not having all the time saving features. Again it cleans better than heat exchangers.

Masterblend El Diablo

Cleans like both the Steam Way units mentioned and is the least expensive. Small waste tank and steel frame to eventually rust and not look as good. Demo I seen had fair amount of engine vibration. Best bang for the buck in the industry. Also cleans better than heat exchangers.

All have smaller motors so use less gas and require less maintenance.

Loren

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Thanks Marty, for your reply.

I can say that the E-BEAST is quite a TM, since it has been around now for 3 years in the field.

Interest in it has been growing quite a bit this year. That's what I clean with, and it passes all the tests.

I have even designed a special 2 wheeled dolly that will take the main vac unit, pressure pump, wand, vac hose, solution hose, fresh water hose, pump-out hose, chem jug, and a 4000 watt Volcano electric heater, all inside in ONE trip!

There is really no need to spend over 10K for a TM, especially when this one has plenty of power, and will go anywhere! You'll never need to get that portable out for a job again!

minuteman

For a slide in a Power Clean Genesis, got one and it works great!Under 10K I'd build my own.If I did it all over again a Vortex made to my Spec's now that someone else is building it.

G

Im pretty much a Butler man.. now and forever.

Larry.. Butlers run 16,900... dressed units.. add about 1400 for the high heat.. and 1000 for the bigger blower.
Thats under 20k for the unit..

they'll even give you about 1000.00 credit.. to NOT take their hoses.. both vac and hi pressure.. and for NOT taking their wand.

So you can tweak it out.. and have the options.. for under 20k.

Like Caes said.. the refurbed units.. are the way to go..
Da Bomb..
I've had 2.
May switch my new order.. and get another.. but I want the higher heat option.

Now.. thats 20k for the loaded unit.. but the Van is extra.. but i believe the question.. was for TM only.. van not included.

Refurbed butlers.. are about 4k less.. loaded..
NO brainer.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Buy mine, pleanty of heat, suck, ok on the psi, still can't understand why people would want to clean carpet at 500 psi plue, but anyway. Low maintainance, cost pennies to run.

F

FB7777

Dobs,

The 3 speed remanufactured Butlers are $17,900 not $16,900.

I'd recommend going with the new units, unless you are installing it in an older truck.

I have one new unit and one re-conditioned Butler, I wouldn't buy another reconditioned unit.

I had a cat pump manifold crack 14 months into the unit and it was out of warranty, reconditioned units only carry a 90 day warranty.

The stair tool included was a little beat up and it had older style rebuilt components.

I may be more critical than most when it comes to equipment than most, but I prefer the fit and finish to a new Butler over the re-conditioned units.

Not sure of what yer look'n fer but but if you want a dual wand machine I would buy a SteamAction from John Sales.
He has one that is
36hp liquid cooled
4007 blower with 20HG water cooled
100 gal waste tank
hose and wand
HX that will put out 240 all day long and hotter if you need it
18-19k
All stainless steal
It should last 10 or 15 years easy and maybe 20

I like the pwerclean but for the life of me don't understand why they put a big 59 blower and underdrive it. Well I know because the engine won't pull it at 1 to 1. Price I guess.

Kevin Hamer

Bought a Butler from the get go 18 years ago and have been buying them ever sense. With as reliable as they are and if I had $20,000 to spend why would I want a piece of crap slid-in that is going to be nothing but headaches.

On my next truckmount I want at least a 47 blower and diesel or propane heater. Also a pump-out that works.

I’m pretty happy with my White Magic commander HO. It has strong vac with a kunkled 47 blower. It has a big waste tank. I don’t like to work on my unit so it’s nice to have local support if I need anything fixed.
Drawbacks: It doesn’t stay as hot as I would like it. And even though it’s hardly needed, the pump out sucks.

I also own an older Savage unit. The vacuum is not nearly as strong as my 47 blower and I hated using extension cords and buying generators to run it. From what I understand his e-beast units don’t require as much juice to run. Bob was great to work with and was always real helpful.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Fred, my first Butler was a reconditioned unit and it ran great. I would recommend them to everyone. If I remember correctly it also came with a one year warrantee. This was a few years ago so the warrantee may have changed.
I also live only a couple hours away from Butler HQ so if I get in a jam I can bring the truckmount in for servicing.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"I like the pwerclean but for the life of me don't understand why they put a big 59 blower and underdrive it. Well I know because the engine won't pull it at 1 to 1."

a 49hp fuel injected 4cyl won't spin a 59?

..L.T.A.

RLitwin

You will find people who like and hate just about every TM out there.

I have owned 2 Hydramasters and a Blueline.

I put thousands of hours on them and never missed a daysa work from a break down.

Mike Brummett

If you had to do it all over again what TM would you buy and why?

The one I purchased 15 months ago, BLUEline Thermal Wave HP. Simple, reliable, extremely powerful, plenty of heat when operated on high setting.
Outstanding distributor support

What TM would you least be likely to buy and Why?

For ME, that is any unit where I do not have the HANDS-ON technical support of the person I bought it from within a one hour drive. I once bought a great unit from a great manufacturer that was 800 miles away. For ME, that was a mistake, and I do not wish to repeat it.

If you could not spend over $20K on a machine only what would you buy?
BLUE WAVE from BLUEline.

MIKE

R

R W

Hey, Larry.....I believe my Genny 59 is driven 1 to 1. Pulleys are the same size on both the motor and blower.....

I got the Ford carborated.....

C

Carpet Dude

EZ truck mount......luv mine with the mega lava hot water and suction.

I'd do it again in a heart beat.....in fact thinking of getting a second for back-up this summer.

cheers.

Joel Smith

I would choose a Prochem Apex. We have 2 of them, not had any problems. Simple design, easy to maintain. Enough vac & heat for me for 20 K

Joel

randy

Name
Randy
I think Mike B. hit on something very important( especially for a new operator) a service center within a short drive is a must.

Jester

For the price your looking at I would check this out. www.acceleratedcleaning.com (dominator) I'm Leaning toward one of these myself.

From what I hear there very reliable.They Look like there easy to work on. And I have heard nothing negative about them. Looks like you have alot of research to do this has become quite a popular Post.

Back
Top Bottom