What TM would you buy?

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Captain Carpet,

Warning! Do not let Jimmy crawl inside your head! Do you hear that knocking sound between your ears? Jimmy is pimping you!

J

John

Used a friends Fox on a job it is a nice truck mount.

Compared to my Powermatic it is a little more straight forward to use and quieter but about the same vacuum(if not less) not even close with heat. Hands down the Powermatic out cleans it and carpets will dry quicker.

I would say under 20k another Powermatic or El Diablo for me.

G

Nordic electronic TM

Where can I find info on this?

I went to ODIN's website and just found "nudy girls".

Phil

Tile Nerd

Steamway Powermatic if you like a burner.

Steamaction Stealth Eagle if you like heat exchangers.

Having said that I too agree with Mike B. Who are your local guys and what do they sell. With a $20,000 investment I want some local support, just in case Murphy gets involved (you know his law right?).

C

Carpet Dude

i have by-passes on all my wands....1.5 12" 2 jet...... 1.5 14" 4 jet.....2.0 14" 4 jet....and most recently added a by-pass to the stair tool........

I run my jobs at a sizzling high heat....i nearly burn the stairs with heat.....kick in the by-pass on the stair tool and whamm.

The by-pass is important I never trust the dema valve at anytime....any and all components can fail you at anytime.....so the by-pass is a must have back-up....to keep on working....it's bullet proof.

C

Carpet Dude

Hey FastEddie......i see your at Potomac.........maybe about 2 hours from...I have family in Columbia......maybe we can get together to cook a few hot dogs and burgers off my EZ.....

Bob Foster

I took a look at that pictures of that used V on eBay and red flags come up immediately. I'm a little leery of spray paint rebuilds. Look at the floor of the truck and all the over spray on things around it. Look underneath where the pto comes off - looks like it was sprayed with primer about 2 feet away with a garden hose. The belts pulley exhaust - everything.

If it was gone over properly it wouldn't look like that - which makes the whole unit suspect.

Does the expression "Put lipstick on that pig" sound appropriate.

There are lots of X Venturi units floating around and some can be had for as low as $10,000 from Venturi directly. What you get is a 150K mile or more worn out Nissan truck with blower with 5000 hours and a frozen diverter valve ($3000 to fix it up thought Vlad at AT). On a lot of the Venturi units they had so much trouble with the diverters that they bypassed many of them.

I have spoken directly to Venturi about their units. They get rid of one or two a month as regular TMs come in to replace them. The guy is honest but he has to be brief with you. But with all the BD cleaners (and tire kickers) he can only spend a little time dealing with this as he is busy. He calls the units like they are and states his firm price and that's that. There are some good ones that do come up and are worth getting.

They do have some units that have rebuilt truck engines in them and no, those aren't 10 grand.

Most of the fleet they are cutting loose has been rode hard and put away wet. If you buy one don't sell your old truck until you have had the V up going strong for a while.

AzCleaner

That's what I pointed out to my wife is all the spray paint. Then I sent teh guy a message and asked how many miles on the truck, what size blower, what size pump, etc. He responds with, give me a call. I respond with, I aint buying a car from a dealership so if you don't know the answer, then no thank you. :) The last thing was that warranty :) That was the funny part as that $2,000 wouldn't even cover any of the parts besides a gauge if it went down :) The last thing that got me is as said above, the condition of the van. The interior looks like worn plywood and the exterior panels are all waved out indicating rough use.

I can take a Radio Flyer wagon with a water pistol and slap a Vortex sticker on it, doesn't mean it's a Vortex.

Bob Foster

I've been kicking quite a few tires myself over that last several months. My requirements are different than those who have a strong customer base and a good cashflow otherwise I might think different.

But the more I read about the Judson equipment and the more I read of and from Les and his brother and dad the more impressed I am with not only the equipment but how they handle challenges and treat people.

I have spoke with Les on several occasions and even his Dad has taken the time to call me. When I deal with this family it gives me the same good feelings of sincerity and competence that I get from Jeff and Lisa of GreenGlides. In fact I keep bugging Les to have a brain melt with Greenie because there will be an innovation explosion coming at all of us just as soon as they do.

Capability
Ingenuity
Reliability
Integrity
History
Value
This does not take away from all the other good people that I also deal with like Larry Cobb.

The other side of the coin is I have investigated other manufactures who build simple powerful slideins and all is not what it appears to be especially when it comes to integrity and you should know I am NOT referring to any regular posters on this board.

If I had to make decision on the spot today from what I know as a single wanding unit - hand's down JUDSON with a bunch of GreeniGlides stuff on it. And that's my personal opinion. What would be more credible is if I had owned their equipment for two years and stated my preferences.

minuteman

I would go with another PowerClean Genesis 56 with the Ford 56 HP engine
and "TWEAK IT" to my specs right off the bat! Its a work horse that can't be beat for the price, new or used, either way its a hell of a machine, but needs a bit of "TWEAKING!"

Greg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom