what vacuum do you guys use?

NGC

Just curious what everyones using to pre vac with. I've got a powr-flite Ironside upright dirt cup model. 145 cfm and I like not messing with bags.

Fred H

Powr flite 6 quart backpack hepa filtration quiet, versatile. I have an electric power nozzle that powr flite sells. I much prefer paper bags as they are quick and easy to change with no dust on me or in me. Ironside , been there done that. an all metal chassis and fan, but a wooden brush roll? and when a small pebble got lodged in the brush roll and stopped it from turning, just another belt burner, you do have plenty of spare belts, don't you? Dirt cups are easy to empty but you still have to empty the cloth bag or you lose suction.

NGC

I like mine for what I use it for, but was thinking of getting one of the powr-flite backpacks for my residential cleanings. I dont have to change the belt very often but I scan the room pretty well before vacuuming to be sure nothing is there to slow me down.

NGC

Forgot to mention belts are only .55 a piece. Less than what I would spend changing bags.

S

sam miller

Bought 2 sharks they work the hose dosent hold up to well.

bought a dc33 dyson $320 on amazon works good just stopped spinning had to fix my sharks power head once this one I dropped at a shop to fix.

I think the dyson will outlast the shark if not I'll go back and figure out away to replace cheap hose.

Tomorrow I will use a shark.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Billy........I am disappointed in you! A back pack vacuum?? You of all people should know you need a roller brush. You have lost you high big truck status

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Billy

Name
BH
joeynbgky said:
Billy........I am disappointed in you! A back pack vacuum?? You of all people should know you need a roller brush. You have lost you high big truck status

LOL we used to use a truck mount Vac but when we purchased the BBT we tried it & the results were a destroyed turbo Vac so when we added mattress cleaning we needed a true hepa & bought the linevacer with a power head also.

Before this we used Prochem PV12 for a short tme & we are thinking of adding another upright now as a alternative for linevacer sometimes.

Honestly though we like he results with linevacer using a power head but we also don't vacuum fast either which may make a difference

SORRY I DISAPPOINTED YOU THOUGH LOL ROFL maybe you can let me slide this time

Sent from my iPhone

NGC

Those shark navigators look pretty sweet. Im looking for something for my residential house cleanings. It says the filters and belts are lifetime. Anyone had to replace one? Im assuming the filters are washable. Looks pretty versatile. Thanks for the suggestions.

Rob Rocha

Kirby. Self propelled, priceless at the end of the day. Lies flat on the carpet so it lifts the carpet and pulls out the deep dirt. I pick them up refurbished from a vac store.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Only problem with the shark is this.....
When you tilt it in the upright position, the roller brush automatically stops. So therefore I can't use it.....because I need it to vacuum stairs.
So mikey........guess your a hack and don't vacuum stairs properly........lol

Billy

Name
BH
joeynbgky said:
When you tilt it in the upright position, the roller brush automatically stops. So therefore I can't use it.....because I need it to vacuum stairs.

Joey you are something today lol rofl.......

Sent from my iPhone

postaldave

I use my turbovac, just turn down the rpm on my truckmount and no problem ,open up the vac realease a little and no burning of the belt. does a great job, But using the crb machine still gets up alot of Pet Hair and junk.

My favorite is the Koblenz U-310DC which is the same as the Powr-Flite Iron sides. Great moment of truth. I kave an old Kirby G3 for mattresses, it was $20 at a yard sale. I have several Royal vacs from the 80's and 90's. Trash picked one. $10-20 yard sale ones too.
I also have a Sanitaire SC3683 "Mighty Might" I am looking at some Pro-Team vacs and this Hoover for $220. http://www.webstaurantstore.com/specsheets/430C2401.PDF My wet dry vac for slurry pickup and dryer vents is this Rigid one... http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R ... reId=10051

janitrex

If your looking for a vac to clean houses, then get a backpack with a powerhead. You will be able to use it for lots of other stuff, vacuuming stairs, hard floors, high dusting, vents etc. Much more versatile, plus it makes you look professional.

Here is an excellent one and priced right too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ProTeam-Sierra- ... 20b866f5c5

I have one of these and its been great. Same as above only private labeled, and a different power head.

http://www.vacdepot.com/product-info/893

NGC

Thanks for the suggestion. I dont know about the $580 price tag though. To be sending out with my girls to clean houses. And the cfm's is not as high as the powr-flite backpack which is only about $300.

janitrex

That vacuum has plenty of suction for cleaning houses. You wouldnt notice the difference in cfms between the two. Plus powr flite equipment is junk and you get what ya pay for. You also have to remember that the proteam vac includes a powerhead and the powr flite does not. Without the power head the pro team is only 100 bucks more than the powr flite. Trust me that vacuum is excellent and is what most of the big franchise companies use. If you dont want a backpack, then look at the windsor line of vacuums. Awesome vacuums.

Mikey P

Administrator
joeynbgky said:

we love the the Shark for steps more than anything else. the head is just the right width IF you want to go side to side.

Most of the time we stand a few stpes down and go front to back while holding the vacuum at just the right position to keep the roll moving.

biggest issue we have with them is the belt drive motor goinf out in roughly six months.

Costco has them for $119 now so no biggie.
Since it comes with a 5 or 7 year warranty I have no moral beef returning them once.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Proteam 1500xp

Never worried about belts or breaking down.

Bought ours 2.5 years ago on eBay from a Powerseller - got it around $240 or so shipped from Proteam, retails for $499, I would easily pay $500 for it. We've had all the other store bought bagless in the past and always had problems.

There's a store online you can get 100 bags for $46 bucks.

pro_team_vacuums_upright.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom