What's going on with Procyon?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Price for a 50 lb box is now $359 USD. Somebody needs to tell them although it's white powder, it's not cocaine. Pricing themselves out of the market.

Reactions: SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Green Dragon is TSP based. Definitely not the same. Is that price from Sam?
Thanks Bill, no it's the new price from Procyon directly. I paid $360 CDN last time from Sam but they have raised the price to $360 usd. Would probably be closer to $450 CDN if I ordered now. Not sure how John has it so low unless it's old stock.

Reactions: Bill Soukoreff
Name
Bill Soukoreff
Thanks Bill, no it's the new price from Procyon directly. I paid $360 CDN last time from Sam but they have raised the price to $360 usd. Would probably be closer to $450 CDN if I ordered now. Not sure how John has it so low unless it's old stock.
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I see Sam has Saigers new Oxy encap. Have you tried it? I am curious about the odor? I have so much product that I barely use because of the strong fragrance, I am hesitant to order. Great price he is selling it for.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I see Sam has Saigers new Oxy encap. Have you tried it? I am curious about the odor? I have so much product that I barely use because of the strong fragrance, I am hesitant to order. Great price he is selling it for.
Yes, low to no odor similar to the original Code Red. I haven't had any nasty jobs yet but I did a large commercial job before new year's that had some beverage stains and it wiped then right out. Did a few apartment hallways but they were in decent shape as well. As good or better than other oxy encaps I've used.

Reactions: Bill Soukoreff

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
How does Procyon work for padcap? I'm doin a gov't office building in a couple weeks that I need to clean during hours cuz they don't trust me with their spycraft. But they're very cool and stay out of my way. One of the guys has a fragrance sensitivity. Procyon is the only thing he can tolerate. HWE last time, was hoping to use the Phoenix next.

Also have my Saiger's encap auction case I haven't tried yet. (Thanks, Fred!) Good to know it's low-odor.

Also have about every flavor of Rickyjuice.

But I don't smell good. Hard to tell what has fragrance.

Last edited:
Name
Bill Soukoreff
Yes, low to no odor similar to the original Code Red. I haven't had any nasty jobs yet but I did a large commercial job before new year's that had some beverage stains and it wiped then right out. Did a few apartment hallways but they were in decent shape as well. As good or better than other oxy encaps I've used.
Thanks Ron.

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Bill Soukoreff
How does Procyon work for padcap? I'm doin a gov't office building in a couple weeks that I need to clean during hours cuz they don't trust me with their spycraft. But they're very cool and stay out of my way. One of the guys has a fragrance sensitivity. Procyon is the only thing he can tolerate. HWE last time, was hoping to use the Phoenix next.

Also have my Saiger's encap auction case I haven't tried yet. (Thanks, Fred!) Good to know it's low-odor.

Also have about every flavor of Rickyjuice.

But I don't smell good. Hard to tell what has fragrance.
Like Marty said, will work fine. Boost with peroxide if needed.

Reactions: Johnny

Mikey P

Administrator
I've used a couple gallons of it now and there's a really no odor to speak of at delusion

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Green Dragon is TSP based. Definitely not the same. Is that price from Sam?
Green Dragon is Sodium Tripolyphosphate. Aka: fancy salt with a bonding agent for crystallizing.

SDS aside, GD, Procyon, and carpet details do virtually the same thing in the same way. All fancy salts.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Looking at the sds, it's not the same. I see carpet details is almost as expensive.
Here’s the Procyon SDS. They just list regular salt instead of telling you what kind of salt. It’s probably STPP just like Green Dragon. They both use the same bonding agent that makes it a good VLM product.

30E4AE6E-0DDF-4F58-86CD-52F1CC16FB3E.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom