I can pErsOnaLLy....recommend this one.... :idea:

215340_555517019009_172801749_31557660_4224980_n.jpg

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
rhino1 said:
Kirby is crap.
What's wrong with Kirby? Been thinking about getting one.

Looks more professional than a Shark. Shark looks like a Swiffer and a 9.5" cleaning path?!

G

greentech

I just switched from a Eureka Sanitare type upright to a Kirby.

The Kirby is much better and pickups a lot more. I can only do 3-4 houses before the bag is full, so I know it is doing a good job.

I also think customers are familiar with a Kirby and think quality service.

I don't tell them I paid $25.00 bucks at the thrift store.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I used to be a devoted Kirby fan. Grew up with them, they were the only vacs my family would use. I had one that lost a belt one weekend, so I went and bought a cheap Bissell to use. Keep in mind that my wife and I vacuum at least once a day, sometimes more. When I ran the Bissell, I couldn't believe how much stuff it pulled out of the carpet that the Kirby had been leaving behind.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
rhino1 said:
I used to be a devoted Kirby fan. Grew up with them, they were the only vacs my family would use. I had one that lost a belt one weekend, so I went and bought a cheap Bissell to use. Keep in mind that my wife and I vacuum at least once a day, sometimes more. When I ran the Bissell, I couldn't believe how much stuff it pulled out of the carpet that the Kirby had been leaving behind.

But did you look good doing it?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
you can follow behind any vacuum and still pull out debris. brand new out of the box it's at its peak and you probably used it longer. new toy and all.

gene

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bissel Momentum..best "throwaway" vac ..out sucks them ALL
Nothing picks up dry soil better

Shark Navigator ..best "throwaway" vac that doesn't have as much blow-by dust

..L.T.A.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
GeneMiller said:
you can follow behind any vacuum and still pull out debris. brand new out of the box it's at its peak and you probably used it longer. new toy and all.

gene

As a former vac salesman, I am well aware of this, howeverit was quite a substantial amount, much more tan should have been there.

On another note, a customer had a Kirby salesman do a demo 2 weeks after we cleaned her carpet. She said he was quite embarrassed when he couldn't show her any dirt in the demo cup after vacuuming her living room.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I wouldn't have a Bissel or any other brand that tries to convince consumers that their shampoo machine does as well as a professional. The Eureka boss has done independent testing several times to prove they suck better than a Dyson. I have 2 and they move air like crazy.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
The best vacuum cleaners will not even come close to getting all the loose available debri from a dirty carpet. The reason i know this is because the clear return tank on my carpet machine says so. The weight on the brush is a major determining factor as to how deep a vacuum will extract loose debri. No weight no dig.

Mikey P

Administrator
I just got the newest SHARK navigator.

The dirt cup is 3x now as is the whole size of the thing.Much larger over all. I think dyson must have busted them on the cyclonic system as thats been gone for a while now. Down to one foam filter amd the one pleated filter as well.

The foam filter needs daily washings.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Mardie said:
The best vacuum cleaners will not even come close to getting all the loose available debri from a dirty carpet. The reason i know this is because the clear return tank on my carpet machine says so. The weight on the brush is a major determining factor as to how deep a vacuum will extract loose debri. No weight no dig.

So that would put the weighty Kirby as the best correct?

How about the Sebo or Orecks?

I'm thinking on getting new vacs as well.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Been using Cleartraks since 95. Haven't seen a better one out there.
Those vacuums that have that paper filter should be plugged after 1-2 jobs if they are doing what they say they are.
Kirby's? Over priced, too heavy, and don't really clean worth a d. I've pulled significant soil out of carpet just vacuumed by a Kirby, AND a Dyson, AND an Electrolux, AND a Tristar/Miracle Mate, AND a Bissell.
Dyson? Would never buy one. Too d hard to service.'t

I like the Cleartrak because firstly, it works. Big canister to collect a lot of soil. Filters aren't expensive and can easily be washed and changed out during a job. Parts are easy to get and its easy to fix.
If you want a vacuum that no else is going to have, this meets that criteria as well. Clients are always asking what kind it is.
Someone might start saying Amway cheated Dyson yada yada yada, but the vacuum works and a Dyson is too complicated.
When it stops pulling soil, or parts cease, I'll have to find the 2nd best. Maybe I'll try one of those Bissells. But it WILL have a clear canister. If you're trying to pull dry particulate you need to see when you're pulling it and when you're not.

4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L25jlXsZdsQ4]

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I've actually used your model Anway vac, Ron .
It's a very good to great vac ( imHo over priced to pay for the network pyramid)but a damnfine vac never the less ...it reminds me a LOT of older Kenmore uprights ..which were also a damnfine vac

..L.T.A.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
lol @ Harper.

Mikey, do you like the new shark? man, I love the original......small cup, but a real performer.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
They have a good thing going for sure. The whole vac cleans up easily. Dyson had a great idea, but all the innards weren't easily accessible. Over time, they just lost their suck. Shark prevails IMO

S

sam miller

The new pro shark looks more durable the older ones worked great but the hose fell apart to quickly.

I have 2 dc17 animal dyson's one I bought new one given to me.

It had a flaw n the design and dirt was getting to the filter after 3 years, never registered it.

called Dyson and told them what was happening and they registered it and sent me a new canister with a better seal on the bottom worked like new. FREE!

I know dyson's cost alot but with that kind of customer service, You cant beat that.

my dc33 is lighter and the beater bar isnt as good as the dc17 animal.

I would be intersted in knowing how long the new shark holds up?

The dc17 is alot heavier then the dc33.

The dyson hose's hold up well and work great on edges and crevices!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Ruff Hewn said:
I've actually used your model Anway vac, Ron .
It's a very good to great vac ( imHo over priced to pay for the network pyramid)but a damnfine vac never the less ...it reminds me a LOT of older Kenmore uprights ..which were also a damnfine vac

..L.T.A.

They used to be more than a Dyson when they were sold as part of Amway. Good profit if you sold one.
They are $300 US now. I get about 2yrs or so from a motor which costs about $140 to replace (incl housing etc, much easier to replace than just a motor), $40 for a brush which lasts about 6-9mths for me. If it weren't for the easy change out of filters, and considering its about $50 to replace a hepa filter/paper filters on these new ones, I might consider a newer style.

BTW, the reason these vacs start losing their suck is because those "filters" are getting plugged. Try changing them regularly.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Mikey, how long does a Shark last you?

How does Ricar/Simplicity compare performance-wise? Couldn't find any prices for them.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

Here is something to think about: While we all may dislike the SOA program, the vacuum part of it has been proven to me.

As an Inspector, (like most Inspectors) we have seen instances where some of the mentioned vacuum cleaners are too aggressive and pull fibers through the yarn bundle. When we see this; our reports normally do not mention the name of the vacuum cleaner, but do mention that the vacuum being used does not have SOA approval. In discussing this with the mills, it is my understanding that they all know the name of vacuum cleaners that are capable of pulling yarns through the latex bundle, and none are SOA approved. So when they see this, they deny the claim.

By the way, in every instance that I have checked for this problem, in every instance one of the mentioned vacuums was being used. While I would not be afraid to use a non SOA vacuum once in a while on a Consumers carpet, as a pre-steaming step, I would never use one on a daily basis on my own carpet.

Sincerely,
Dale
www.flooringinspector.com

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Dale said:
Hi guys:

Here is something to think about: While we all may dislike the SOA program, the vacuum part of it has been proven to me.

As an Inspector, (like most Inspectors) we have seen instances where some of the mentioned vacuum cleaners are too aggressive and pull fibers through the yarn bundle. When we see this; our reports normally do not mention the name of the vacuum cleaner, but do mention that the vacuum being used does not have SOA approval. In discussing this with the mills, it is my understanding that they all know the name of vacuum cleaners that are capable of pulling yarns through the latex bundle, and none are SOA approved. So when they see this, they deny the claim.

By the way, in every instance that I have checked for this problem, in every instance one of the mentioned vacuums was being used. While I would not be afraid to use a non SOA vacuum once in a while on a Consumers carpet, as a pre-steaming step, I would never use one on a daily basis on my own carpet.

Sincerely,
Dale
http://www.flooringinspector.com

Can you identify some of these vacuums for us?

Mikey P

Administrator
Johnny said:
Mikey, how long does a Shark last you?

How does Ricar/Simplicity compare performance-wise? Couldn't find any prices for them.

5 to 6 months

I dont think any bag vac can compare to a dirt cup.

S

sam miller

I dont see dyson on the list I do see Kirby's they got gold no shark either.

Are You sure You dont have to pay to get yours tested?

Didnt Greg get mad when prochem was dumped by these guys?

There are 2 filters on a dyson the first washable, every three months have never lost suction with one of these yet.

The brush and filters should be replaced gotta dig hair off the beater regularly on all Vacs.

steve_64

i use to selll filter queens 25 years ago and they were the first i know of to use thecyclonic action and filters to clean the air coming out of the machine.
i had seen 40 year old ones that still worked. the problem was with the attachments, mainly the hoses would crack. but, it was the best vac ever.it would even filter smoke out of the air.

i like my powerflite with a bag. i hate cleaning filters. all the crap you pull from the carpet you end up getting in your face.
i also like my certified pile lifter especially for pet hair. i use it in my home occasionally to rejuvinate the nap.

but the best vac is the one you will use.its why i like upright vacs with bags.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
www.atrix.com Mighty mouth never gets plugged and devouers hair and large debri uses a bag that can be turned inside out so you can reuse many times. dual vacuum motor. Makes my kirby and all dysons look like toys.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom