What's the best way to store a portable?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Is there anything special I need to do for a portable pump if it's going to sit for months?

Can a porty pump lock up if it's dry inside the actual pump?

I was thinking, rv anti freeze would keep it lubed up. Any ideas? Or no big deal?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Obviously don't let water freeze and burst lines and pump parts. Other than that, vacuum and pumps will work like new even if idle for years or decades.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Use the vacuum to pull all of the water out of the pump and plumbing. I routinely do that with the little porty that rides in the back of the truck as well. Then I don't forget on a cold night.

When I earlier suggested that a few said "oh no, the pump will lose prime". However the vacuum can likewise be used to reprime the pump next time you use it. Just put the vac cuff over an OPEN qc.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Put it in your attic and forgetaboutit!!! Sorry couldn't resist. shiteatinggrin

Name
Jesse
Lee Stockwell said:
Use the vacuum to pull all of the water out of the pump and plumbing. I routinely do that with the little porty that rides in the back of the truck as well. Then I don't forget on a cold night.

When I earlier suggested that a few said "oh no, the pump will lose prime". However the vacuum can likewise be used to reprime the pump next time you use it. Just put the vac cuff over an OPEN qc.

x2 But I'd pump about 2 gal of distilled water 1st

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i only used RV a.f. in the winter months. worked perfect for that. (i use it in my Orbot sol pump in the winter now)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom