Whats the worse injury you've ever gone to work with?

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Hobbled around on a badly sprained ankle that took two years to heal from carrying too much crap down a staircase with wet shoes.

Had a hernia that was no doubt caused by pushing a wand, almost had to leave a job and head to the ER because it hurt so bad. I was cleaning an inn one day and had to lay down on a bed for awhile until the pain subsided some.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
In 10 I had my gall bladder out on Friday and was back to work on Monday.
Had strep so bad once the dr. Checked me for gono.:angry: Idiot Never took off. Cracked my head from stripper to many times to count. Stripper splashed up on my baby’s forehead and caused a pearl cancer. She never missed a beat. She also had bone spur and never missed a beat. Much less both had flu many many times. It did take me down once.

My baby was Stud!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
A dog put a hole in my arm I finished the day,
Sliced my thumb really good finished my day, my backs gone out a couple times worked through it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
My thumb came in contact with the table saw blade once
I was afraid to look at it
when I did, I saw a clean 3/16 wide (kerf width of blade) cut right down to the pink/white bone that started oozing blood

I cleaned it up, wrapped gauze and tape around it, and finished the cabinet I was making

..L.T.A.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Pulled a muscle in my lower back while on ladder 25ft up when i was 19.. it was such excruciating pain. I was stuck up there for an hour till my uncle got me a muscle relaxer which took another 20 mins to work and i could finally move enough to get back down ... But that was during work tho.

steve_64

Couldn't sleep again last night. I have terrible cramps in my ribs. It feels like my rib is out of the spine again. Been hurting over a month now. Keeps me from being able to breath.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I steam cleaned my ankle.

steamburn.jpg

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
That was from an Amtex Diesel Burner heat spike

I got one of those...high up inside of the thigh...from a broken hose on a Prochem 400 oil fired truck mount. Your picture brought the pain back just looking at it.

My father just told me I was lucky it didn't burn me higher, and that I could have it looked at when I finished up the day.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I got bitten on the hand by a customer's rescue dog. I wasn't mad (I understood it had issues) but my hand was bleeding a bit. So I grabbed some pad tape and wrapped it around my hand and finished the day, including that job.

Another time I went out cleaning the next day after I tore my ACL (leg got in-between the rungs as the step ladder went down while I was working, installing crown moulding). Went out cleaning the next day on crutches.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Many years ago as I was leaving a job I came upon an accident. I was the first one there to find a car in a ravine and what appeared to be a mother and child. There was no time to waste as it was a dire situation. I pulled over to a shoulder with my van and ran to the car which was on it's side. Oil and gas were leaking and there was a severe chance it would catch on fire.
As I jumped into the ravine I paused to hear the mother screaming. I then looked to the heavens and said a little prayer and did a fist bump to my chest. My heart was racing and I knew this was all on me. My adrenaline was pumping ..............I reached down under that car and it seemed like all the power of the universe was within me. I lifted that car and it rolled over on to it's wheels...............I then pulled mother and child out of the car.
I then heard a siren and knew all was safe. But my body was in severe pain as if all my muscles and ligaments were torn from my bones.

I must of passed out from the pain because all I know is I awoke in bed.
With bright sunshine glaring into my eyes I looked around and saw..........that it was merely a dream. : )

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Many years ago as I was leaving a job I came upon an accident. I was the first one there to find a car in a ravine and what appeared to be a mother and child. There was no time to waste as it was a dire situation. I pulled over to a shoulder with my van and ran to the car which was on it's side. Oil and gas were leaking and there was a severe chance it would catch on fire.
As I jumped into the ravine I paused to hear the mother screaming. I then looked to the heavens and said a little prayer and did a fist bump to my chest. My heart was racing and I knew this was all on me. My adrenaline was pumping ..............I reached down under that car and it seemed like all the power of the universe was within me. I lifted that car and it rolled over on to it's wheels...............I then pulled mother and child out of the car.
I then heard a siren and knew all was safe. But my body was in severe pain as if all my muscles and ligaments were torn from my bones.

With bright sunshine glaring into my eyes I looked around and saw..........that it was merely a dream. : )
So did you go out cleaning that day?

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
jack zerkie

If you were wearing your Superman shirt that day it would have been much less pain..

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Knee surgery most recently out cleaning 52 hours later (yeah it kind of hurt)

Dislocated shoulder and dislocated thumb

Shattered collar bone, cracked ribs, dislocated hip

Younger cut my fingers off in a lawnmower... Sewn back on... (was young and working for dad with portables at the time. Was the bucket Brigade guy - kid)

Lawnmower pulled over toe. Got the toe nail only

Had a paper cut once too as a band director... Bled like crazy. Blood is still on the music score :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom