What's your magic monthly number

Chris A

Name
Chris
In the winter, zero. I've been playing Mr. Mom in the morning getting the kids out the door. From April-November I'll be out cleaning 3-4 days a week. Those are more like $40-45000 months

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
So will you be looking to sell it while it still has value and get something new that isn't as prone to having problems?
That is a very good question. Something I’m contemplating at the moment. Yes I could sell it and re-invest in something new for myself. But, I am at a tipping point to where I need a second truck on the road possibly. So after this one is paid for, I could take that money and invest in a brand new set up. Or I may put another van together. To have a technician cleaning empties. To be honest, I am having trouble turning the corner from owner/operator to multi truck. Two truck. November will be 13 years flying solo.

P. S. Any spelling or grammar mistakes are Siri’s fault.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That is a very good question. Something I’m contemplating at the moment. Yes I could sell it and re-invest in something new for myself. But, I am at a tipping point to where I need a second truck on the road possibly. So after this one is paid for, I could take that money and invest in a brand new set up. Or I may put another van together. To have a technician cleaning empties. To be honest, I am having trouble turning the corner from owner/operator to multi truck. Two truck. November will be 13 years flying solo.

Keep it as your backup and second truck.

Reactions: Trip Moses

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
My numbers are much lower this year due to the "lockdowns" and rainy weather.
Retreating to the cabin is fun- up to a point, but a Fat bank account is also enjoyable.
I'll be happy again when I can make 18-20+k working part-time.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes

TURN THE CORNER!!!! Priority Friend! Solo
will catch up with you sooner rather than later!

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
The decades fly by when you’re grinding. It does seem to me with a paid for rig in good condition would put you in a better position
to make the leap.
It also takes a while to figure out what kind of business you want to have. I had zero background in this industry when I started.
I was a scrub tech in the operating room. This is the first and only business I’ve had.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Oh, I understand completely. It’s not as easy as hiring someone 1 2 3. It takes planning and as you say, knowing where you want to go or be. Speaking from someone who’ll be 70 in a couple months, I’m just cautioning you and the other lone wolves here🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Trip Moses

Chris A

Name
Chris
It’s a great truck. 2016 Ford transit medium roof. Extended length. 86,000 miles. Sapphire scientific 570 with 1800 hours.
That seems like a perfect rig to put a new tech in. New enough that it shouldn't have too many nagging issues, one enough that you won't have a coronary when they pulverize a mailbox with it

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Got a sweet tip today. Half a bottle of some top shelf Bourbon, I guess.
74855250-6B41-43B6-979C-6FFDEA1C6D6F.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom