what's your plan of attack

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
BTW
do you guys charge more for those compared "normal" soil loads?

..L.T.A.
Yes if it's excessively soiled or needs urine treatment. Most jobs are charged the same, we expect to run into dirty carpets but something that is going to considerable extra time and product is going to be priced accordingly.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

ImperialCC

Name
Jason McCurry
That’s extreme but not too far beyond what I deal with on a semi-regular basis.
1)Prevacuum thoroughly. (My vacuum would be cleaned and sanitized after.)
2) I would cover all the soiling possibilities with a prespray of Bio-8, D-Gas and PSor.
3) Rotovac my way into the room with a brush head.
4) Edge the room with a stand up filtration tool.
5) Wand my way out

Side note:
As I’m vacuuming, if I note any stains that I think may need dye stain remover and steam, I’ll do those before prespraying the carpet.

Jobs like this OFTEN require follow up cleaning and ALWAYS REQUIRE clarification of what can be expected.

Average cleaners will fail at these jobs because they won’t purchase the necessary equipment, don’t have the proper chems and are hesitant to price high enough to cover all the time necessary.

I can almost always clean these type jobs well enough to allow another rental season of use and save the home owner about half of the replacement costs.

I seldom encounter these jobs on owner-occupied houses
What in the name of Sweet Baby Jesus are you on? I didn’t realize the internet out of Bama sent more than 5 words at a time! Did you take the Vaccine Or something else? They done Chipped your ass and someone else is making you type.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I was talking to the carpet cleaners here.

IMG_0721.JPG

Bite me

IMG_0722.JPG

..L.T.A.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
just had one like this on Friday. Just imagine 1900 sf of shag that looked like this. I very rarely run into anything that bad but it was from a referral generator realtor.

1. rinse with wand. You would be surprised at how much dirt a good rinse will remove. remove as much soil as possible and your prespray will be that much more effective at removing the rest of the soil. Make sense?
2. apply a powerful prespray.
3. CRB slowly in both directions
4. rinse
repeat steps 2 3 4
Carpet looked pretty close to new.

already ahead of you.....if I dont have pictures, it never happened. Well it did.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
They would have called them anyway. They couldn't get a signal to Afganistan. 😉
I've always thought the the concept of Carpet Cops was a horrible idea. Part of what we do, and if you want to be successful, requires discretion. Some of the stuff I see I turn a blind eye too. As well as my wealthy customers don't want me posting pics of their homes.

Howard Partridge is a good example. His company cleans for congressmen and senators. They appreciate his discretion.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
I've always thought the the concept of Carpet Cops was a horrible idea. Part of what we do, and if you want to be successful, requires discretion. Some of the stuff I see I turn a blind eye too. As well as my wealthy customers don't want me posting pics of their homes.

Howard Partridge is a good example. His companies cleans for congressmen and senators. They appreciate his discretion.
I bet they don't have to deal with BB's and soft pellets over there clean as a whistle...

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
What in the name of Sweet Baby Jesus are you on? I didn’t realize the internet out of Bama sent more than 5 words at a time! Did you take the Vaccine Or something else? They done Chipped your ass and someone else is making you type.
That’s the best post I’ve seen in two years!!!😂

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom