Which is the hottest heat source TM?

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
so hot dirt runs the other way...literally melting dirt away...

Direct drive
Propane
Diesel

Last edited:
Name
Jeff T
IDK... but this was done by a DD... doing tile 2 days ago... touched the steel... 47C94D0F-D854-48E1-8AEA-F0508BF23425.jpeg

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
:headscratch: I would think Propane little giant heater.
My 1st TM's had them, and the heat was HOT.
My other machines had diesel engines with HE-- which didn't seem as hot-- However, we did remove 1 HE..
This excluded our V, which was Awesome!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Heat exchanger direct drive or slide in

because you’re not cleaning kitchen vent hoods. You’re cleaning carpet.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
had a TM with propane 4HT burner
It made plenty hot water
But not as hot as my fuel burner that would "sustain" 270 ATM w/Ti wand triggered indefinitely

Once I got past my "heat freak" days of cooking valves and hoses prematurely, only used mega heat maybe 5% of the time .
Like on trashed loop com and too lazy to drag the rotary in
and joints with lots of gum (you can cook gum out at 240+)

..L.T.A.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
had a TM with propane 4HT burner
It made plenty hot water
But not as hot as my fuel burner that would "sustain" 270 ATM w/Ti wand triggered indefinitely

Once I got past my "heat freak" days of cooking valves and hoses prematurely, only used mega heat maybe 5% of the time .
Like on trashed loop com and too lazy to drag the rotary in
and joints with lots of gum (you can cook gum out at 240+)

..L.T.A.
yeah the burner that came on my oxley could put out insane heat if you wanted it to

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Super High heat is nice when cleaning "Greasy Spoon" Restaurants, but overkill or problematic in many residential cleaning IMO.
Coldwater is my friend when cleaning area rugs.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Ok another old man story:

Back in the 70s and early 80s few cleaners used “prespray and rinse” systems of cleaning. Our cleaning company used fuel fired Prochem truck mounts, and metered in a 11 pH emulsifier boosted with a 12 pH degreaser.

If a very greasy area was found, we sprayed the area with the wand and gave it a minute or two to dwell.

I demonstrated truck mounts with that formula and I don’t recall carrying prespray on my sales truck in those days.

The advent of the in line sprayer (“Hydroforce” was a product, not a brand name then) and then stain resistant nylon began to change that, and the need to nuke the carpet with high pH and nuclear heat.

F

FB7777

Diesel HX direct drive or propane ?

well I was told back. In my ba-ne Clene daze that anything over 150 degrees and 150 psi would delaminate carpet and burn vans and houses to the ground

that man could sell ice cubes and air conditioners to eskimos...

or, in my case, a 23 year old brainless newb

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I dont think you'd say that if you'd used a fuel burner... the reason you've got a 650 is to imitate what every fuel burner does
Over half my jobs are cleaned with my diverter turned off, which gives me about 160atw.

I bought my 650 for the availability of two wands, awesome suction, and constant FREE 240F ONLY when needed.

It's been said several times, but having to pay for 2 fuels doesn't make sense.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I have used only propane for 35 years and find it to be way more than I ever need, so it never gets turned all the way up. I started with Little Giant as that was what my first truckmount came with, an LG 3-HT. It worked fine for many years. The only thing I wasn't really fond of was having to light the pilot manually. So in 1999 I discovered the pressure washing LP heaters from attending an event at John Downey's in Columbus, Ohio. They had more btu's but were still manual-light and turn off. I purchased one and proceeded to fine tune it with an auto-light pilot system. Both of my truckmounts have the original heater that I purchased from Whitco in 2003. They have an automatic pilot along with a patented circuit that acts beyond the flow switch to keep the burner on for a pre-determined amount of time (8-21 seconds - adjustable) so the burner is not cycling on and off with the constant wand trigger on/off while you are cleaning. You arrive at the job, set up, turn on the truckmount, and flip one switch for the heater which automatically lights the pilot. It will supply all the heat you will ever need to 2 wands at the same time, as we dual wand a lot. The temperature dial goes to 302º, and it will hit that if you turn it up (which I do not recommend).

Constant, even heat, with no spikes, works for me.

Last edited:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Diesel HX direct drive or propane ?

well I was told back. In my ba-ne Clene daze that anything over 150 degrees and 150 psi would delaminate carpet and burn vans and houses to the ground

that man could sell ice cubes and air conditioners to eskimos...

or, in my case, a 23 year old brainless newb
I did go rogue and put the little giant with the ultraport. It would literally smoke the carpet. Never needed the Jimmy approval since I was doing cgd. That was a pita.

Reactions: FB7777

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Been running Goodyear for 18 years running

from Bane to Butler
you don't know what "hot" is

how many hours does that hot, heavy, black water spewing, no warning burst crap last?
Average life I got was maybe 500-600 hours

Had more major blow-out failures the couple years I used it, than ten years of Parker

'course, I ran a hot TM

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom