Which is the hottest heat source TM?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
As has been mentioned heat is a 2 edged sword..

cuts down for the need of a lot of spotters, heavy prespraying and prescrubbing

the fuel burner that doesnt make sense to me, although it looks well made is the el diablo.
27 hp to just spin a 45 and pump?
Those extra ponys are running for nothing

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Heat is both your best friend as well as your worst enemy. I used to have a lg 4 HT with a wonky thermostat. It would spike up to 280 degrees f. It could melt the gum off of sidewalks. When you pulled the trigger on the wand, it would make old ladies jump out of their shoes. At the same time, it would blow hoses when you'd least expect it. Very short life on trigger valves. Cleaned like you wouldn't believe. I mean the dirt would get up and run away, it was that scared. You couldn't wear shorts with that machine. Oh yeah, left a permanent welt on a customers carpet once or twice. Cleaning with that kind of heat is addictive but like any addiction, there are negative impacts. I really like the new high heat butlers, cleanco's, hydramasters. Heat high enough to clean with less problems.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Hottest...at some point before 911 got there.

53e438f7b4913.image.jpg

FredC

Village Idiot
I want cheapest heat source. Heat exchangers for the win.
Wrong!

• Haha
Reactions: DAT and FB7777

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Kind of losing focus here. Hottest is always diesel fired burner, second is propane fired burner. Both have different sizes but size for size, diesel puts out more btu's. After that, it's a toss up as to which is hotter, air cooled exhaust or coolant plus blower exhaust. Next you want to see which is most reliable.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Diesel is the hottest, those burners are mostly made for heated pressure washing so the BTUs are very high... but diesel is messy and the soot build up can be dangerous.

Propane is not as hot but burns clean, still 240 maintained with #4 lg

Kero is a pain in the ass

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I like the idea of easily repairing the truck mount though. From what seen, those judson are pretty solid, but i would want it built like tcs. I want it narrower.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So Les's only argument was the preheating??? How stupid. I never sit and let my truckmount heat up. I'll start cleaning right when I walk away towards the house
After inspecting the carpets, vacuuming, etc, you start the tm and start prespraying with the hydro-force. By the time you finish prespraying, your water is hot enough to clean.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Ive been really happy with propane heat but for the 3 years I had a tech running this truck it was a bit unnerving.

I dont think you can beat a butler for having techs, maybe some day they will get with the euro van program... no way I would spend 70k on an express set up and look like 50,000 other carpet cleaners in my area.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ive been really happy with propane heat but for the 3 years I had a tech running this truck it was a bit unnerving.

I dont think you can beat a butler for having techs, maybe some day they will get with the euro van program... no way I would spend 70k on an express set up and look like 50,000 other carpet cleaners in my area.
I haven't heard any complaints yet about hydramasters x drive in the Ford transits.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Speaking of heat, we cleaned pre covid cafeteria tables today with Extreme in the hydra force and 600-700 psi with heat exchange heat. It got the pre covid Shiite loose, then we power wash rinsed. Shazam!! Neither by itself would work good. My schools start the 12th!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Speaking of heat, we cleaned pre covid cafeteria tables today with Extreme in the hydra force and 600-700 psi with heat exchange heat. It got the pre covid Shiite loose, then we power wash rinsed. Shazam!! Neither by itself would work good. My schools start the 12th!
Completely unnecessary. Could have just wiped them down with soap and water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom