who does NOT do this..?

Mikey P

Administrator

take the CUSTOMERS bath mat from in front of the tub or shower and place it so they HAVE to walk off on to it and dry their wet feet/shoes..?

20130522_104936_zps9a609bc8.jpg

and don't give me this "I leave them so dry it's not a concern" BS..

Last edited:

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I've never thought of that, but I do try to put Dri-pods at each place they might step off onto a hard surface. No, its not totally dry, but it helps significantly.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I def don't get the question. At first it sounds like you're asking us about our bathing habits in our own home. You mean use a homeowners bath mat?? I'm confused.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Great idea, never done that...but will give it a try!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We make a point to do it and point it out to the clients. Always are telling them that floor could be "Like fresh ice going from damp carpet to it". Just never want a client to experience a fall....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

exactly

been doing it "forever"
or at least since Sept 1990
I'm also surprised at those that don't cover hard surfaces they cross

both those things just seemed like the "right thing to do" from the get go

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
jack zerkie
All the time along with the warning.Only 1 lady that fell while working in her house and yes a law suite. Had worked for her 8 times prior but she still blamed me of course. Thats not bad for 32 years. jz.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
All the time along with the warning.Only 1 lady that fell while working in her house and yes a law suite. Had worked for her 8 times prior but she still blamed me of course. Thats not bad for 32 years. jz.
Jack if you woulda rolled out the green masking paper that wouldn't of happened

Reactions: Connor

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
We do not do it here. Most homes 2 story home with not a lot of carpet on first floor.
I do not think it is the right thing to remove it from second floor to base of steps on first which is
where most of the transition is here.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
exactly

been doing it "forever"
or at least since Sept 1990
I'm also surprised at those that don't cover hard surfaces they cross

both those things just seemed like the "right thing to do" from the get go

..L.T.A.

We cover hard surfaces that we cross with poly-canvas drop clothes. Here are some pics before we had the corner guards also in place. We put the corner guards behind the drop clothes for added protection.

20130412_082142_zps88a4fd9d.jpg

Pr1_zps8ecb18ce.jpg

Pr3_zpsac87fdb1.jpg

Here is also a link to the type and brand we use. http://www.amazon.com/Essentials-4-...ials+4-feet+x+12-feet+canvas+drop+cloth+hw412

Mark Saiger

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
While we are on the subject. Don't you guys 1. Have the client sign off on slipping claims on your invoice 2. Warn them verbally ( while you hand out booties) and 3. Also cover walking from damp carpet to other surfaces in writing on your after care hand out? I just seems good common business sense to me.

Reactions: Derek

Mikey P

Administrator
While we are on the subject of protecting surfaces not being cleaned, when we clean/color seal tile that transitions to carpet that ain't getting cleaned the same day we apply this stuff. Order a 12 inch roll and request them to cut it in half (that means two six inch rolls for you none rocket scientists.)

Like Mark and meAt we use this stuff to protect nice floors

hogjowl

Idiot™
We're simple folks down here in Alabama.

I just clean their carpets and swiffer my hoof prints off their wood floors as I leave.

Nobody wants me fooling with their bath mats.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torrey Express
Name
BradFenstermaker
I always warn of the slip hazzard. Suggest bath towels or there bath mats and kitchen mats be placed there after I leave. Safety rule is read and signed by each job. Commercail and Residential.

Costco has nice thick towels in a 6 pack. Each solid surface transition gets a towel while we clean. Also use towels to hold the worthless corner guards. Moving blankets for the sharp turn staircases.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
While we are on the subject of protecting surfaces not being cleaned, when we clean/color seal tile that transitions to carpet that ain't getting cleaned the same day we apply this stuff.

I've seen those sticky plastic films leave soil attracting residue several times when used by remodeling contractors.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
good ideas.

anyone have a slip&fall sign-off doc they'd care to share?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
With our drought up here water is scarce and the trend is going back to outhouses and monthly out doors community showers.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
With our drought up here water is scarce and the trend is going back to outhouses and monthly out doors community showers.

With all that torrential "Drought" last night I woke up with my gazebo roof inverted! Looks like several inches of "Drought" coming Thursday with up to 50mph or more of wind.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom