who knows anything about Mosquito portys?

Name
jack zerkie
Jack im curious what pump and vac you used as an upgrade on your R-40?
Ive upgraded the orig 35psi Oberdorfer pump to a 150psi Shurflo, and upgraded the orig 2 stage 7.2 Lamb Vac to a 3 stag 7.2 on mine. Upgraded front casters to 3 inch and rear wheels to 7 inch as well.
I used a 220 psi pump from Cobb and a 3 stage vac. I use a 20 ft vacuum hose for greater extraction. At the young age of 76 I have work smart and makes it much easier. jz

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Pound for pound, it's the most effective portable out there for small jobs.

Honestly, ...........................Not really!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Pound for pound, it's the most effective portable out there for small jobs.

Honestly, ...........................Not really!
I beg to differ. It doesn't have a lot of pressure or vacuum but with the swing brush, it is a very effective cleaning machine. Light weight and easy to handle. Not a lot of capacity, which is why I said it is good for small jobs. We're talking about the old style Rug Doctor, not the modern pos in the supermarkets today. I used the old 12 inch swing brush for years as my go to powerhead for different portables. Single handle on wheels, a little slow but it would really dig the soil out. I am really tempted to buy the 16 inch stainless steel swing brush and see how it compares to my rotovac.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
I agree with what you just stated above and really have to with your view and purpose of that particular unit. Looks like a nice machine; not knocking it. My interpretation of your first statement was based on power/performance in a much different way. I do see where you were coming from.

Best;
Ed V

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I agree with what you just stated above and really have to with your view and purpose of that particular unit. Looks like a nice machine; not knocking it. My interpretation of your first statement was based on power/performance in a much different way. I do see where you were coming from.

Best;
Ed V
Definitely not comparing it to your machines or my beast either. Just in it's class. Mind you, they have a Chinese version of the Rug Doctor with 13 gallon tank, I believe that comes with 2-3 stage vac motors and a 150 psi pump. I'm hoping that it's a 2 cord machine with the big 3 stage motors (10-14 amps). Combined with the 16 inch swing brush, I think it will give any portable a run for its money for condos and apt suites. If I needed another portable, (which I need like another hole in my head) I would seriously consider one of those machines. They are out of Seattle.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
who knows anything about Mosquito portys?

in particular the 220psi dual 2 stage vac

Thanks

..L.T.A.

You still on the fooking fence with this?

Source a "new-old-stock" twin HP5.7" vac 1005DX Speedster and be done with it.

They are now the "older" model since they have moved on to bigger 6.6" LX vac units, so you should be able to find a good deal easily.

Whittle up some Ipe grips or let some rounds go for some extra coin if your have to.

Cheap bastid.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
You still on the fooking fence with this?

nope
finally pulled the trigger and bought one of these

https://www.mytee.com/products/1001dx-200-speedster-carpet-extractor/

Bought it from an upholsterer that thought he wanted to expand/diversify into cleaning …...didn't work out for him
Told me it only had 8 hours on it ..I looked it over inside and out and believe him, cause it looks new

Cheap bastid.

tried like hell, but he wouldn't take less than $750
so that's what I paid for the machine, wand and hoses

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have one of those, I modified it slightly to run on 2 cords. It's light enough I can lift it into the truck easily and the stock vacuum isn't bad. Plumbed for 2 inch hose. I will upgrade the vac motors to 13.8 amp from the current 9.8 amp they have on there now. I have a lot of 1 or 2 room jobs in condos where it gets the job done quickly and easily.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I modified it slightly to run on 2 cords.

mine does have two cords
two 3-stage vacs, 220psi pump and heater with hi/low switch

only "mods" I plan are to use 25ft 12ga cords
The fiddy ft'ers that came with it are too long and not needed for 97.3777% of where it will get used

..L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
mine does have two cords

The fiddy ft'ers that came with it are too long and not needed for 97.3777% of where it will get used

..L.T.A.
3 cords with a heater. We don't have the 20 amp circuits here. Hopefully you have locking casters on yours. Mine will roll away if you breathe on it.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Heard from too many people about those mytees catching fire.
I've never heard of one catching fire but we don't have many up here due to the amperage draw. They seem to be made as well as any other porty that I've had the pleasure of taking apart and put back together. Wiring seems the same. How are they catching fire? Any examples?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
that surprises me
Not even in kitchens, laundry rms and baths on newer construction ?
"newer" const meaning like in the FORTY years??:headscratch:

..L.T.A.
Ironically, 2 older buildings that I service have been rewired and now have 20 amp outlets in the kitchen. Unfortunately, the breakers are still 15 amp. Got be illegal. I pointed it out to the manager but she hasn't a clue

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
have been rewired and now have 20 amp outlets in the kitchen. Unfortunately, the breakers are still 15 amp. Got be illegal.

don't know about the legalities, but it shouldn't be unsafe.
the plug and wire will handle more than the breaker will allow .

going the other way (20 amp breaker feeding 14ga wire and 15amp plugs) would be a "potential" hazard and certainly in violation of codes

..L.T.A.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
mine does have two cords

..L.T.A.

Not a bad choice.

It will serve you well.

Run with one 25ft and one 50ft at first.

Figure out which plug runs which components and label tag them so you know which one is which, and most importantly, know which one has the higher amp draw.

One plug should be pulling around 15 amps, and the other one closer to 20 amps.

Your going to need the 50ft to reach good 20 amp circuits on a separate zone more often than you think for your higher draw plug....kitchens/bathrooms/utility.

Source your 20 amp plug first, and then the shorter one to any other convenient outlet close to the machine.

We would all enjoy some action pics of you running a little porty.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
prob'ly not
cause if "I" was running it, It means I'll be a foul mood .

keep-calm-and-come-to-te-dark-side-of-the-force.png

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Over the intercom , " Mr. Chavez we need your help in one of the bathrooms.............some child shit all over the floor and over flowed the toilet........bring a mop and bucket..............NOW!"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom