Winterizing my truckmount with antifreeze for the first time

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'll be on vacation for ten days at the beginning of December and I want to run that marine antifreeze through my Titan. Do I just empty the water out of my water box and fill it up with Antifreeze, flush the antifreeze through the system, and keep refilling it until pink antifreeze comes out my solution hose? Is there anything else that I need to do to help protect any freezing that might occur if the space heater in the truck loses power?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
three words fo you...
frozen capillary tubes

your pressure gauge will peg and break...100%...you can't stop it unless you pull the gauge and tube......
the Dwyers is next... then the HX cuz there will be a bubble of water left in it
yor so scrwed

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I'll be on vacation for ten days at the beginning of December and I want to run that marine antifreeze through my Titan. Do I just empty the water out of my water box and fill it up with Antifreeze, flush the antifreeze through the system, and keep refilling it until pink antifreeze comes out my solution hose? Is there anything else that I need to do to help protect any freezing that might occur if the space heater in the truck loses power?

Read this.....

https://mikeysboard.com/threads/keeping-the-van-tm-warm-in-22-weather.276979/

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Hang a lite bulb right next to the pressure gauge and maybe the pump as well

Name
Swani
Hey Matt hope you have a good vacation. I do pretty much just what you said. I drain the water box completely and suck out any remaining water with vacuum. Dump about 3 gallons in the box and attach a hose with an open end to my QC and run till it turns pink. If I'm going to keep my solution line in there I'll run it through that and any tools that will be left in the cold. I unscrew my fresh water QC inlet and drain of any water. I also prime some into my chemical meter till its pink. I hope this helps. I use to start with a mixture of 70/30 regular antifreeze and continue to reuse till it was to diluted but it was kind of a pain to contain it all when starting up for the day. And last but not least I use 2 heaters with thermostats on 2 different breakers. Best of luck! Have a great vacation!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Thanks Nick. Yeah, I'll have my heaters hooked up. I like the blanket tent method I read on the other thread. I'm just wanting to make sure nothing bad happens when I'm out of town. I'll enjoy my vacation a lot more, knowing that it won't freeze, even if the power cuts off

Reactions: Living The Dream

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Thanks Nick. Yeah, I'll have my heaters hooked up. I like the blanket tent method I read on the other thread. I'm just wanting to make sure nothing bad happens when I'm out of town. I'll enjoy my vacation a lot more, knowing that it won't freeze, even if the power cuts off
So, where you going Matt?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
OHH YEA.....the barf boat....!
I know, I know. I really wanted to go on a Royal Caribbean, but the wife's "friends" at work were all bragging about how good this trip with the magic was on these islands. Kinda like how you guys have to use the prespray that the popular guys use on here. I think it's annoying. It took us a fkn year to pay for this cruz, so there'd better not be any barfing in front of my kids or I'll bitch out her "popular" friends

Back
Top Bottom