Worst Pre-spray ever

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I think that Bridgepoint Power Break is the worst pre spray ever. I used it on a restaurant job tonight , where the carpets were not that dirty and I had to re-prespray with Pro's choice Extreme Clean ( a real pre spray). I mean this Power break stuff is a joke. I never complain about a product but , I was pissed off tonight.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
take it back. Tell them they suck. Trade for some bio-break it's great for resi.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
That's funny..cause i think Power Break is much better than Bio Break

it's been several years since I tried them, so maybe they've changed formula

..L.T.A.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
The worst pre-spray for me has been Grease Eater by Magic Wand, 2nd worst was there Trashed product... both performed about as well as plain water.

Gave the nearly full containers to a friend starting out in the Biz, he called me a week later and offered to give them back... said Powdered TIDE worked better for him :shock:

I really like Magic Wand as a company, and recommend people to them all the time.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I've got a container of clean streak that I tried twice and it was pretty much worthless. I've seen people rave about it on the boards though so maybe I got a bad batch or something.

Jamesh921

Name
James
I rate Power Break right up there with Cobb's Powermax. Stuff has always worked great for me.

I've heard some people here theororize that the water in different areas affect the cleaning ability of chems.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Sorry that the Power Break did not work for you, John. A lot of folks love it in other situations. I have not got a clue why it did not do the job for you.

There is a 100% money back guarantee on all Bridgepoint branded products. Contact your distributor for a full refund.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Jtuseo said:
I think that Bridgepoint Power Break is the worst pre spray ever. I used it on a restaurant job tonight , where the carpets were not that dirty and I had to re-prespray with Pro's choice Extreme Clean ( a real pre spray). I mean this Power break stuff is a joke. I never complain about a product but , I was pissed off tonight.

funny you said power break, when I read the title of your post it was the first thought that entered my mind power break. that particular prespary was what I was forced to use for 3 years when I worked for the largest restoration company in our area. it sucked!!! I personally hate the smell of it, its not concentrated so you pour the whole jug in your hf sprayer. it doesn't clean that great either. not even close to say ultra pak traffic clean.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Scott thank you but I will just use the rest of it for residential homes. I have tried power break a dozen times on restaurants and everytime its the same result, which is not good. Every other bridgepoint product I have bought I have really liked. I swear by Clean free and all the spotting stuff, but I will not buy Power Break again. In fact I ordered a different prespray and the distributer sent me power break because Hydramaster blitz was not in stock. Its not the end of the world , I was just pissed of last night , because I presprayed the whole place and had to do it twice.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
steve g said:
funny you said power break, ... I personally hate the smell of it, its not concentrated so you pour the whole jug in your hf sprayer.

If you were pouring Power Break , you may have the wrong product in mind. Power Break is a powder. You dissolve 2 ounce per gallon of water. It is 100% active ingredients. That is as concentrated as you can get

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
scottw said:
steve g said:
funny you said power break, ... I personally hate the smell of it, its not concentrated so you pour the whole jug in your hf sprayer.

If you were pouring Power Break , you may have the wrong product in mind. Power Break is a powder.

Thank you

I was wondering what Steve was talking about.
We don't do any restaurants , be we do plenty sec 8 rags..Power Break is one of the better nuke juices on the market

did you mix it hot and fresh, John?
2oz pr gal of "hot" water?

..L.T.A.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
That's funny. Magic wands grease eater is the best prespray I have ever used. We go over and redo many other companies work. They always say.....what do you use. That's very odd

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I have tried power break a dozen times on restaurants and everytime its the same result, which is not good.

, I was just pissed of last night , because I presprayed the whole place and had to do it twice.

forgive me for asking ...but if you got poor results a "dozen times" before, were you expecting the 13th time to be something different ??

:?: hmmmm :| :|

..L.T.A.

Used Grease eater for about a month straight with great results similar to Powerburst.....then we got some in and it was terrible....not performing at all like it was and this was with all my techs (6). Called MW and talked to Dede and they were very gracious on taking back what I had left.

Personally I think they had a bad batch they made but Ive been hesitant to try it again.

Oxy blaster (quit using it) had an issue too leaving a white residue on various jobs. BTW I had previously used it for years with great results. Now were using something even better.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I wonder how many cleaners mix their chems properly and let them dwell?, I'm just sayin it makes we ponder what else their skippin missin fergettin

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I have used bridge points power break since the beginning when is was called break away and it works awesome. i've cleaned everything with it and it has never failed. i even use it for tile. isn't their a thread about one mans juice is another mans noose. :lol:

gene

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
This thread is a great example of how one product is the cat's meow for one guy and money wasted for another. If all products and tools worked equally well we would probably have a lot LESS choices. Let's face it some chemical manufacturers are much better marketers than others just like the people that use their products.

doylebloss

Supportive Member
Name
Doyle Bloss
John-

Sorry to hear you were having difficulty getting HydraMaster Blitz. Privately message me your contact information and I will get you some for free for your trobule.

One of the differences between Blitz and similar powder presprays is that Blitz does not contain any enzymes. Most powder presprays contain enzymes (like our Soil Break). It is like a lot of the posters have talked about here. What one person claims is the best chemical ever, another struggles to make it work. That seems particularly true of enzyme products. People wiill either love them and swear by them (especially for greasy restaurants), while others will wonder what all the fuss is about because the same solution did not work well for them.

The hardness and softness of the water certainly plays a role, as does dwell time.But we have heard from many of our customers that they like Blitz better than other powder presprays that contain enzymes. I like what Blitiz does because it goes to work immediately on the soil and grease and oil without depending upon enzymes to break them down.

As encapsulating and bonding deodorizers like Multi-Phase have reduced the popularity of enzyme deodorizers, I think you may see the same thing happen to enzyme presprays (even ours). There is some new chemistry on the market now that does really well at breaking down heavy amounts of grease, without needing the dwell times of enzyme presprays. That does not mean the enzymes don't work well, it just means there are things coming that work faster.

Regards,
Doyle Bloss
Chemical Brand Manager
HydraMaster

Mikey P

Administrator
doylebloss said:
John-

Sorry to hear you were having difficulty getting HydraMaster Blitz. Privately message me your contact information and I will get you some for free for your trobule.

One of the differences between Blitz and similar powder presprays is that Blitz does not contain any enzymes. Most powder presprays contain enzymes (like our Soil Break). It is like a lot of the posters have talked about here. What one person claims is the best chemical ever, another struggles to make it work. That seems particularly true of enzyme products. People wiill either love them and swear by them (especially for greasy restaurants), while others will wonder what all the fuss is about because the same solution did not work well for them.

The hardness and softness of the water certainly plays a role, as does dwell time.But we have heard from many of our customers that they like Blitz better than other powder presprays that contain enzymes. I like what Blitiz does because it goes to work immediately on the soil and grease and oil without depending upon enzymes to break them down.

As encapsulating and bonding deodorizers like Multi-Phase have reduced the popularity of enzyme deodorizers, I think you may see the same thing happen to enzyme presprays (even ours). There is some new chemistry on the market now that does really well at breaking down heavy amounts of grease, without needing the dwell times of enzyme presprays. That does not mean the enzymes don't work well, it just means there are things coming that work faster.

Regards,
Doyle Bloss
Chemical Brand Manager
HydraMaster

Thanks for taking care of him Doyle.

I got a bucket of Grease eater about a year ago, fist two thirds worked AWESOME! Now a year later , it dosen't want to disolve very well, and won't clean near as well. It must be a shelf life thing, my guess is the oxy, and enzyme die after to long. now I got about 10 pounds of weak Grease eater.

That's got to be why some have not had great results like others. So don't be like me and sit on your stash, use that stuff up and then buy some fresh stuff.

S

sam miller

Mixing right and using the right stuff for each individual job! There were times I wasnt as impressed with say Trashed green or Ultra tlc, but then there are time I really liked them.

I think an extreme clean is better for really trashed carpets alot of delemonine and a high PH. Enxall with enzymes and percarbonate great for pet jobs and food stains. Ususally a prespray and rinse combo Ultra pac slurry, Extreme clean pro powder ect,ect.

I find citrus HD soil lifter we dont get citraquick here in cali but something like that to boost cleaning. Trashed green would probably fit the bill as a booster to a high ph cleaner for a restaurant. Or just use slop and gobble at 1 oz per gal.

PS sometimes Your cleaning oils and soils and sometimes Your striping residue they clean differently. Figuring it out is the fun part.

Oh the joy of binding.

Ron K

Why don't they put use by date on the stuff they sell????
You go into your distributor and the same product has different jars for the same product and some looks like it's been sitting in some warehouse for years in the sun and snow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom