Yelp?

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Happy Thursday to all. I'm sure the topic of Yelp has been discussed here from time to time. They are trying to get me to advertise or display an add on their site. Does Yelp produce good ROI?

Thanks,

Ivan

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
if its for carpet cleaning then youll really only compete at the 3 rooms/ 80$ type market

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
I've never used it and wouldn't know how popular it is. The rep, being overly glowing her opinion of Yelp had me look at the local area for water damage and here were a few companies listed. Very helpful link Mike, so Thank you!

I only do disaster type of work and have just been burned far too many times by SEO's and others. But, the rep has a great spiel.

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Mike, I went in and check on restaurants and all of the top joints have bunches of reviews. Are restaurants a control factor when knowing if Yelp is popular in an area?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
As you know restoration services can be a booger to market. Nobody cares about those services until they have an event that triggers a need.

I'd want to know from those restoration companies that with them what their roi is. I'd think it could take a while to get a job from them. ???

If it were decent, I'd test the water for 6 months.

Mikey P

Administrator
Restaurants are a good way to gauge if a community is enbracing Yelp.

Check other home services now

Make sure there are plenty from 2017 and 18

Ultimately its all about being in rhe top fives in 5 star reviews

If your category is loaded when early comers, youll probably never catch up. Additional advertising whould be worthless

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
I did check the competitive field and it doesn't look like much activity. I think I am simply going to pass for now. Thanks for the help guys.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Are you doing anything with AdWords? I think that would have more opportunity than Yelp currently.

I was looking for some mold text and found our ad.

Mold adwords.jpg

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Yelp also has recently made a big change so beware... a customer can now fill out some questions about their project and send it to 3-4 companies who will compete for the business with 1 click.

kinda looks to me like they are merging into the home advisor type game where the cheapest usually wins

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
they just rolled it out in our area our rep called the other day to tell us all about it... it seems pretty lame but maybe it will work out better

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom